renderer type

As far as i understand, the trouble is getting Windows to install the old drivers (and C++ runtime libraries IIRC) in the first place. 

Hook users have been struggling with this issue for years becuase Hook doesnt work with never DX versions.

Once you clear the installation hurdle, it should not present other issues.

But I'm "blessed" with an old PC and ditto GPU so i'm not an expert LOL

oh come on.. dont give up so easily. the problem can be solved. im sure someone will have the exact procedure written down somewhere. It used to be on MG of course

did you ask on the other place?

alternatively, just keep your old PC on the side to run our game.

About a year ago I built a new PC with a fresh W10 installation. I had no problems even without a Directx9 implementation...

To try it out, I downloaded all the files for the game from the "Game" section today, installed a new portable version and added all files, including H5free -> no problems...

But without the additional files in binaries there was an error....

Try again my friend, it will work for sure ?

8 hours ago, vascosnts said:

Just intalled directx9 but now how to make it to work with game :( 

If you installed both of those and it still doesn't work, then the only thing left is your video card driver. With the default Windows driver, most games will either refuse to run, run unaccelerated, or at low resolution.

• 10 months later...
On 4/9/2021 at 7:36 PM, EJAX said:

So I downloaded the DirectX file, but what do I do with it?  There are so many archives in there, I'm just not sure what I do.  Do I run the DXSetup and that's it?  Or do I have to drop files somewhere?  I haven't had to do anything like this in ages, so I'm really lost here.  (I'm trying to move my game to a different PC)   I can run in OpenGL, but DirectX always leads to a crash on startup.

15 hours ago, HollowZed said:

So I downloaded the DirectX file, but what do I do with it?  There are so many archives in there, I'm just not sure what I do.  Do I run the DXSetup and that's it?  Or do I have to drop files somewhere?  I haven't had to do anything like this in ages, so I'm really lost here.  (I'm trying to move my game to a different PC)   I can run in OpenGL, but DirectX always leads to a crash on startup.

To get Hook 5 to work with Windows 10/11, you need both DirectX9c (don't worry, it doesn't replace DX11/DX12) and DotNet 3.51.

Download from MS and simply run the installers.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:00 AM, OysterMug said:

To get Hook 5 to work with Windows 10/11, you need both DirectX9c (don't worry, it doesn't replace DX11/DX12) and DotNet 3.51.

Download from MS and simply run the installers.

Thank you for the reply, but I actually figured it out on my own.  Turns out when I changed my install to a different PC my Key Check for Hook 5 (Paid) failed.  When I switched over to the basic version it worked fine.  Thanks again though.  I guess I will just have to re-join the patreon again someday if I want the full version back.

9 minutes ago, HollowZed said:

Thank you for the reply, but I actually figured it out on my own.  Turns out when I changed my install to a different PC my Key Check for Hook 5 (Paid) failed.  When I switched over to the basic version it worked fine.  Thanks again though.  I guess I will just have to re-join the patreon again someday if I want the full version back.

Nevermind, I just randomly found your post containing the full unlocked version.  I had no idea he had released it for free after MG went down.  Been out of the loop for a while.