Converting sliders for specific age and gender

On 4/5/2021 at 2:14 PM, sapique said:

sliders.

Harder than they look, at least for me! ))) Here are tools, specifically the bonedelta editor (the others may be useful too)...

https://modthesims.info/d/372169/small-editors-vpxy-bonedelta-facialblend-blendunit-casslidertemplate-geom-mtnf-new-may-2010-rslt-editor.html

There are also a couple of slider tutorials...

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Creating_a_Bone-Based_Custom_Slider

https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379878

Most sliders are bone based. You will also need s3pe, don't have link handy. AND the big one is a CAS Slider template tool, I think by Cmomoney, also on MTS that I couldn't find quickly, but it will create the base slider file to make a new slider if you wish.

I understand the need for gender based sliders - Penis and breasts/nipples.

Never heard of age based sliders, but then teens in my game have access to all the same sliders the adults/elders have. I never checked to see if children and toddlers have access to all yet I know I can customize the faces, and have messed with height and other things from the universal ones - just never took inventory of the number available.

Curious what advantage there would be in having specific ones?

On 4/6/2021 at 9:48 PM, landess said:

age based

Really not sure of those or how they would work. No category for age in the template, and never cared enough to look for such. 

In my game, IF I care what a child will look like on age up, I take him to CAS, age up to YA, make whatever adjustments, then age back down and exit.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll experiment with them. Gender specific sliders would be more useful in case of males. When I shape female sims, their slider values cause funny male offsprings later in the game :D Additionally, while using high heels, females stand taller as expected :P Not a big deal but having YA/A female sim specific shortener slider would be nice :P Age specific ones, especially for teen and younger sims, actually not that important imho. My main aim is YA/A females, so age tag will be just a filter.

On 4/8/2021 at 1:33 PM, sapique said:

When I shape female sims, their slider values cause funny male offsprings later in the game

Ah, yes... some do. Things like a female with a small waist and wider hips having male offspring who inherits that small waist and wider hips, instead of inheriting the father's form. I suppose I also understand the height slider issue, as yes, I also use and make height altering shoes/ boots, and so make my females a bit shorter, which can then be inherited by male offspring as well. 

I will tell you that the slider template tool does have separation for male and female. You can make 2 different sliders that will be gender specific and only show in that gender's CAS. Whether there would still be any carry over to offspring of opposite gender, I do not know, as this is honestly new ground for me.

Unlike things such as the breast sliders, which show in male CAS, but do not work on males, a height slider does. Perhaps it needs to be that specific slider to carry in genetics? I do know that you can do things such as set the various penis sliders on a female and they will be passed genetics to a male child, and you can set breast sliders on a male, and those genetics are passed to a female child.

Yes you're right. It seemed to me too that if a sim has a slider value while lacking target part(like breasts/penis), they can pass those values to their offsprings. So yes, gender specific sliders have to be visible for both genders. I think, unless you use a mod like this, game just take one slider value from one parent, then another value from other or again same parent like coin flipping, and so on. If one of parents lacks a slider due to gender, maybe game says "Well, no slider for both. So it must be junk and I'm eliminating it lol. Aaaand giving this baby everyone's favorite pigtails" :) If I understand correctly, body sliders target bones. If those bones exist on both genders, they work for both. Perhaps it's possible bypass this rule by retargeting to non-existent bones for desired gender.

2 hours ago, sapique said:

pigtails

That is another EA issue that was talked about by @namaradus, who actually worked on Sims 3 and knows some of the problems that EA didn't want to bother fixing. I forget, but it was like 60 different resource references to that hair buried throughout TS3 coding... or something like that.

Anyway, I suppose you can create gender based sliders to show, but to not effect that gender would have to have a zero multiplier in the bonedelta, which would then not have a value to pass to offspring of the opposite gender. As opposed to not having "the part". In other words, for a male only height slider, for example, to not effect a female, and still show in female CAS, it would need to be zero. So, nothing to change, and nothing to pass to child, if male. But, female only height if made shorter, wouldn't be passed on, and the father's height if taller would. In theory, only male children would gain the father's height increase and only female children would have the mother's height decrease if the parent height change came from gender based sliders.

Also, that link was discussed in another thread. I personally see it as more work than I care for. I find Nraas sufficient. If I feel a need to make minor random changes, I will use "randomize genetics", use a small number around 10 or 11 and use add, not reroll. 

• 2 years later...