[Help] Can someone put another hair into this hood?

https://www.rektasmarket.com/post/the-witcher-yennefer

^ Here's the armor[Hood] I've been tinkering for more than 5hours [quite literally] and I just can't replace the hair in the "Hood A".

I've replace the hair in Outfit Studio and also the DDS files in the Texture folder of the mod to the hair I wanted but it just doesn't change.

The hair I want to replace it with is called "Vice City" from KS Hairdos.

Almost all mesh files have two nif files for each item which is a _0 and a _1 nif so one might be like this outfit_0.nif outfit_1. nig. What you do to one nif must be done exactly the same way in the other nif or nothing will change in game.

The best way to do it would be to edit the one nif and then make a whole new set to replace the _0 and _1 files. So you have to take your edited one and make new _0 and _1 nif files and replace old _0 and _1 files with them.

6 hours ago, myuhinny said:

Almost all mesh files have two nif files for each item which is a _0 and a _1 nif so one might be like this outfit_0.nif outfit_1. nig. What you do to one nif must be done exactly the same way in the other nif or nothing will change in game.

The best way to do it would be to edit the one nif and then make a whole new set to replace the _0 and _1 files. So you have to take your edited one and make new _0 and _1 nif files and replace old _0 and _1 files with them.

What if it's just one .nif file? no _0 and _1, almost all recent BHUNP with SMP armors I've downloaded only have 1 .nif file.

Then you may need to make sure that the hair in the nif has the same slot as the hood does.

Spoiler

Untitled.png

You can also try clicking on the hair then right clicking on the BSDismemberSkinInstance line and going to block - convert - nis - NiSkinInstance.

Spoiler

Untitledd.png

The difference between the two is that NiSkinInstance doesn't have any partitions or slots and will instead use the slots selected for the nif in the files .esp/.esm file.

25 minutes ago, myuhinny said:

Then you may need to make sure that the hair in the nif has the same slot as the hood does.

Hide contents

Untitled.png

I've done the latter and it didn't worked, I don't use Nifskope a lot since I have very little knowledge about the app, how do I make sure that it's on the same slot? and how do I change it.

To change slots in a nif you need nifskope. You'll have to use nifskope 2.0+ though as you are using skyrim SE and skyrim SE uses a different file format then skyrim LE and most LE files will not work in skyrim SE and 2.0+ is the only one that can load SE nifs. I don't use nifskope 2.0 though so I have no clue on where everything is in that version as I only play skyrim LE.