SSEB - Batches and Patches

This is a collection of batches, small mods and patches i created for my 'Skyrim SE for Beginners'. Some might be useful even if you don't use my guide.

Batches

DynDOLOD Cache Cleaner (Clean_DynDOLOD.bat)

As the cache of DynDOLOD has to be emptied before a run i created a batch for MO2 so it is easier. Just drop it into DynDOLOD (where the 'DynDOLODx64.exe' is located) and add it to your list in MO2. One click and the old cached files are gone.

Mods

Gigaduex's Armor Set - Hair

This file will allow you to select the haircolor while using a hood from the 'Gigaduex's Armor Set'. I hoped to make this one an official addition to the mod, but the OA doesn't answer to PM or posts in the support thread.

HD Steel quiver

A replacement for most of the more outlandish quivers.

MNC Huskies

I never liked the dogs we got in Skyrim. So i whipped up a replacer that changes them into Huskies. This should work even if you don't use MNC.

Patches

Textures Patch

This file contains texture related bugfixes and changes i made to some textures. This one is only useful for my guide.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/07/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    See provided links
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

10 hours ago, sheson said:

There is no need to clean the DynDOLOD cache. There hasn't been any such need or instructions for half a decade.

I ran into problems not doing that. Might have been an unlucky combination of texture packs/mods, but so far it has served me well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to say that when you are setting up the clean cache batch file...

Make sure you do not set the 'start in' location in MO2 command setup to be in your skyrim data directory,

I had cloned the xlod entry for MO2 to run it with the vfs (which needs to start in the game files) and now know for certain that there is no error checking in this batch file and it will happily erase your entire skyrim install directory.  

The truly depressing thing is this step is right at the end, and I was almost ready to play *cries*  Got to start all over now.

@kali1979

No idea what you did there...

It moves into a specific folder in Dyndolod (.../Edit scripts/Dyndolod/Cache) and deletes files there. Thats all. So how can it 'happily erase your entire skyrim install directory' when it is run in Dyndolod? 

Its nothing you did, its just because I was running it through MO2 and had it setup to start in the data dir for skyrim and not the directory for dyndolod.  Im literally just crying here because I was dumb. 

Though a check to see if the directory you were cd'ing too actually existed before it did a cd and then no confirm recursive delete might save anyone else who makes the same mistake from a complete do over.