Despite it being SexLab non-related, I'm requesting support on this since people give here helpful replies. I hope I'll get it this time too!

I'm on Steam version of Skyrim Special Edition and using Unofficial SSE Patch.
During "Destroying the Dawnguard" quest I've attempted to get these three Dawnguard specific spells through Pacifying two merchant NPC's.
While succeeding in making them friendly and initiating barter, desired spell books weren't in their stock.
That was unexpected turn of events, and after some research I've discovered that Unofficial Patch could be the reason behind it.
Disabling it isn't an option at this point, since several good Dawnguard overhauls are dependent on it, and I was saving "DtD" quests for desert after many hours of grinding.

My question is:
Is there a known way to un-fix this while leaving USSEP running? I'd really like to have these spells in my collection and preferably through Illusion trick (no fun in another way), but until I can buy these spells from Florentius and that other lady, I can't progress vampire side quests.

Mh... If i remember correctly there should be a Tome for Sun Fire anywhere on a bookshelf and if i am correct with this and the wiki is up to date: you fucked it up. Pacify trick only worked before destroying the dawnguard quest i'm afraid.. If you really need to have them without cheating i would consider just doing the quest normaly and if you are using better vampires Bit Florentinus back to life by turning him and see if it works? Dunno if he will be hostile tho..

If push comes to shove i am afraid you have to cheat if you really want them ?

24 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Mh... If i remember correctly there should be a Tome for Sun Fire anywhere on a bookshelf and if i am correct with this and the wiki is up to date: you fucked it up. Pacify trick only worked before destroying the dawnguard quest i'm afraid.. If you really need to have them without cheating i would consider just doing the quest normaly and if you are using better vampires Bit Florentinus back to life by turning him and see if it works? Dunno if he will be hostile tho..

If push comes to shove i am afraid you have to cheat if you really want them ?

I don't think I did. I have many save points, including on BEFORE turning in previous side quest and receiving "Destroying the Dawnguard".

Also, according to several sources one has to do pacify trick exactly DURING "DtD" quest, since merchant NPC required for it are present in the fort only during this quest.

Or are they?..

I'm using better Vampires, and tried turning into vampire that lady npc who sells "sun fire" - her list of available items didn't change.

I also tried to turn off "Immersive Fort Dawnguard" and initiating quest in vanilla form - same spiel, they sell only random items and no spell books.

More ideas?

6 minutes ago, DevilFireSmile said:

I don't think I did. I have many save points, including on BEFORE turning in previous side quest and receiving "Destroying the Dawnguard".

Also, according to several sources one has to do pacify trick exactly DURING "DtD" quest, since merchant NPC required for it are present in the fort only during this quest.

Or are they?..

Not entirely sure myself in that regard. Never wanted the spells and the last Time i was siding with Harkon was.. maybe 3 years ago?

If turning doesn't work.. My other suggestion where something like Puppetmaster, after that turning them into followers with a framework but turning them into vampires is basically the same thing without extra steps, so it would not work either.

I fear you will have to give you the tomes with a cheat.. nothing else i can up with but maybe someone else has a solution for it

14 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Not entirely sure myself in that regard. Never wanted the spells and the last Time i was siding with Harkon was.. maybe 3 years ago?

If turning doesn't work.. My other suggestion where something like Puppetmaster, after that turning them into followers with a framework but turning them into vampires is basically the same thing without extra steps, so it would not work either.

I fear you will have to give you the tomes with a cheat.. nothing else i can up with but maybe someone else has a solution for it

I tried to pacify these npc both during and before "DtD", and before I couldn't locate Florentius and DG lady.

If people could confirm they were and are able to get these spells through pacify on Skyrim SE with USSEP, that would be a start and I would know it's a bug or artifact on my end.

Meanwhile, I'll postpone activation of this quest and will play the rest of the game until the resolution of this problem.

P.s. I've found this "unpatch" for LE of the game (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60744) addressing the very same issue, and wander if there's SE equivalent. Downloaded TESVEdit to check what's inside this .esp, but it requires LE too.