Can Someone Help Me Convert Textures?

3 hours ago, RavinBeast said:

'm Looking To Convert Pride Of Valhalla Skin Textures From Fallout 4/Skyrim To New Vegas In A Way That's Compatible With Tale Of Two Wastelands For Personal Use, If Anyone Can Help With This I'd Be Vary Grateful

in order to port textures, you need to convert dds files to dds with dtx1/3/5 formats in order to make it work with f3/fnv/oblivion
but as you want to port skin textures, you also need to be sure that you can find the body with the same UV maps, otherwise porting will not help you at all. technically you can also try to apply it on bodyslide port of cbbe for f3/fnv
so in total you need 3 textures: diffuse map(i.e. color map), normal map ( specular map should take an alpha channel of the normal map to not make the body too glossy), and skin map

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 6:24 PM, Neutron_rus said:

in order to port textures, you need to convert dds files to dds with dtx1/3/5 formats in order to make it work with f3/fnv/oblivion
but as you want to port skin textures, you also need to be sure that you can find the body with the same UV maps, otherwise porting will not help you at all. technically you can also try to apply it on bodyslide port of cbbe for f3/fnv
so in total you need 3 textures: diffuse map(i.e. color map), normal map ( specular map should take an alpha channel of the normal map to not make the body too glossy), and skin map

Sorry For The Delay, Would It Be Possible To Convert Fallout 4 CBBE Version Of Skin Textures To Fallout New Vegas CBBE Using The Conversion Process You Mentioned? Also Is It Possible To Convert These Textures Using Gimp? Or Would I Need A Different Program?

i have checked and diffuse body texture(_d file) can be easily ported to nv cbbe port, but everything else should be done manually
body:
normal map(_n file) is should be color inverted (probably will not work as internded, but for simple convertion it will work), and also have specular amount of alpha (can be extracted from _s file, just a green channel)
skin map (in fnv it's _sk, but in skyrim/f4 it's merged in _s file as red channel), it's technically not required, but can add more details to the skin color

as for hands and head, you'll be need to do the same steps, but you also will be need to move their textures around, as hands/head are still vanilla and using different UV mapping compare to skyrim/f4 (diffuse texture is require attention too)

and about Gimp, it didn't opened dds file for me, so i used paint.net instead, gimp is still useful to extract color channel data as a grayscale value, or for adding alpha clip to normal map. so you can use paint.net to convert dds to png, after use gimp to work with png, and after convert png back in dds(dxt5 with mip maps) via paint.net

edit:
hands and head probably will be easier to bake instead of moving textures around, but you need a texture baking software(marmoset toolbag, substance painter, or even blender) for it and models itself

1 hour ago, RavinBeast said:

Just Did The Body Diffuse Maps, Moving Onto The Head & Hands, When You Said I Had To "Rearrange" Them What Specifically Are You Referring To?

because there's no cbbe head/hands for fnv, so this textures is not fully compatible as UV map is different. So you will be need to move them around in order to match fnv models

you can export uv layouts and/or check textures with nifskope
and technically, with the same nifskope you also can tweak UV maps to match textures, in order to skip rearranging at all, but it can be a bit more difficult task to do