Will deleting unwanted HKX files from a SLAL pack lower my animation count?

Question: Can I...

1) Unzip a SLAL pack (such as say, "SLAL_Billyy_OriginalAnimations v1.1 SE" for example)

2) Delete HKX files from animations I do not want or ever plan to use.

3) Zip the SLAL pack back up

And have the desired effects of:

1) Decreasing the FNIS animation count

2) Still have a working SLAL pack (apart from the animations that I deleted obviously)

If this would work, awesome, that's all I wanted to know.

If this would not work, how would I go about achieving the desired effect?

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the reply, MadMansGun.

So say I unzipped a pack and went to the "actors" folder inside of meshes and just straight deleted (say) the vampirelord folder (animations & behaviors and all inside of it) because I don't want it,

I would then have to edit the text document in the source folder (removing the deleted animations from the text document),

and then edit the Json file to reflect the change. And that'd be it?

I'm reading over the animations loader modders guide on how to create a pack, to try and figure out how to reverse engineer it (animation packs) to suit my needs better.

1 hour ago, ChiefChubyChaser said:

So say I unzipped a pack and went to the "actors" folder inside of meshes and just straight deleted (say) the vampirelord folder (animations & behaviors and all inside of it) because I don't want it,

that would only remove 50% of the animation, the human part would still be there and also the json will still be adding it into SLAL.

the quickest half assed way is to use the "SLAnimGenerateForMNCv12.pyw" file/program.  delete the animations you don't want from the SLAL pack's source txt file (Data\SLAnims\source\ ) and then run the pyw program (you will need python3), find the pack's name and click on "build category" (assuming that no errors are shown)

doing this will remake the json and stop the animations from showing up in SLAL.

.....but FNIS will still be registering the hkx files, if you want to go full ass and stop that as well then you will need to use generatefnisformodders.exe to remake the slal pack's behavior files......and then run generatefnisforusers.exe after your done.