How to set NPC sexual preference?

As the title asks, how do you set (re set) a NPC's sexual preferences?  I want to alter a couple of downloaded NPC's/follower mods to be bi -- for my personal use btw -- so either male or female player character can have some fun with them.  None of the downloaded mods have active modders any longer so there is no one to send a request.

Is this done in the FONV GECK?

yes, but I don't think that matters - uh, well it shouldn't but I am no modder, just made some characters.  I am trying to "switch" a female companion I downloaded from "men only" to bi orientation so I can play as a female and have her as a companion.  FYI it is the mod KatieNPC from nexus and is not actually part of sexout.  most sexout mods and characters can be adjusted - more or less - I think.

I suspect it would involve a script change tho - so I may be out of luck.

Well it does matter as Fallout 3 and Fallout NV are different games, Sexus is for FO3 and Sexout is for NV.

There are formlists in Sexout & SCR I think for NPC preferences you could add those NPC's too, I can't remember how that all works though, or if many mods use them.

@Halstrom - thanks... I will check into the SCR and Sexout mod form lists.... altho I am beginning to think this may be a long rough road to learn how to do it. I am a newb to making and modifying mods (did that make sense?0

BTW - I am definitely using FONV & Sexout.

@ Forum Moderator.  Due to the direction this is taking, perhaps move this thread to the mod tech section. your call.

I was looking what Mod you want to use. As i had looked into Nexus Katie NPC (http://newvegas.nexusmods.com/mods/45150 ) seems to be a mod for WastelandSexModul, and so it will not work with sexout until you install wsex override (http://www.loverslab.com/topic/6804-wsex-sexual-innuendo-override-v006).

Basicly (afaik) there is no "gender-preference-variable" in FNV itself. So the modder can/must set this restrictions by himself. If the modder of KatieNPC says "This mod only works with male characters! (sorry Girlz!)." and you want to use this Mod with a female pc you have to change all gender-checks in the topic conditions and everywhere else he had made this, and at last, you have to rewrite a lot of dialogue that (I could imagine) would sound very funny if in a female-female conversation.

Archived