Two bodies are displayed simultaneously

I downloaded a clothing mod (DonEb tops, specifically), and went in to add physics to the tops. It works, except that while I'm wearing the clothing item, the nude body is also displayed. This results in me having breasts swing outside of the top. Additionally, while standing still, my breasts are pretty twitchy (not jiggly). I tried adding zaps for the breasts and even the whole body--I even tried setting the base body to the non-physics version--but nothing seems to fix it.

Any idea how I can get around this?

25 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Sounds like you exported the reference body which will cause 2 bodies to render. Dunno how his outfits are built... so just a guess based on what I've had to fix before in other mods.

I thought I deleted that, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm new to this. This is the order I did things in:

1. I loaded the project in Studio, and only the single outfit mesh was listed.
  2. I imported a reference body (CBBE Physics)
    1. I use the OCBP preset for my nude body, but when I use that as the reference, the left breast is smushed in and the right one is attempting to leave Earth.
    2. I also select "merge sliders with existing"
  3. I duplicated the reference body
  4. I copied the bone weights to the duplicate and the clothing mesh
  5. I deleted the reference body, saved, and exported
    1. Should I have also deleted the duplicate body? No body shows up in Bodyslide if I do that.

EDIT: I should also note that I'm using MO2, so maybe I'm not selecting the right files in the right places.

6 minutes ago, delete1618 said:

I thought I deleted that, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm new to this. This is the order I did things in:

1. I use the OCBP preset for my nude body, but when I use that as the reference, the left breast is smushed in and the right one is attempting to leave Earth.
    1. Should I have also deleted the duplicate body? No body shows up in Bodyslide if I do that.

EDIT: I should also note that I'm using MO2, so maybe I'm not selecting the right files in the right places.

I'm new at it too, but I think you have to delete all of the old bones before importing the body. Give that a try.

:thumbsup:

1 minute ago, delete1618 said:

From my limited understanding, if the original didn't have a body, your new one shouldn't have a body. You load a reference body, load outfit, copy the required bones to the outfit and export without reference body...(simplified version LOL)

15 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

I'm new at it too, but I think you have to delete all of the old bones before importing the body. Give that a try.

:thumbsup:

That can't be right. Deleting all the bones deletes the mesh along with it.

13 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

From my limited understanding, if the original didn't have a body, your new one shouldn't have a body. You load a reference body, load outfit, copy the required bones to the outfit and export without reference body...(simplified version LOL)

No, I loaded up the project, loaded a reference body, copied the weights of all the green bones (the ones touching the cloth) as well as the GOOGLES entries. Then I deleted the reference body, saved the project, exported the NIF into the MO2/mods directory, and finally built it in Bodyslide. Still getting the same problem (or at least a similar one) of the breasts being jittery when standing still and pulling through the shirt when I tap left or right.

Honestly only the jittery thing is a problem, since the only time I'm looking at her breasts is when she's standing still.

17 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Anything with a 33 reference will have a body with it, or it won't show up in the game...........CK 101 right there!

:cool:

32 minutes ago, VonHelton said:

Just the bones of the body, not the clothing. Obviously, you leave the clothing alone.

:innocent:

I'm not understanding you. I open the clothing project where only the top is showing. If I go to the "Bones" tab and delete any single bone from there, the entire piece of clothing is deleted. There are no body bones, as there is no body.

Edit: Nevermind. I was using the delete key, which I should have been right clicking and deleting from project. Not super intuitive that delete will only delete everything and not just what's highlighted, but I got there.

I think I see a possible problem. There are two bones for the breasts. For example, "GOOGLES_1" and "RBreastBone". Is that of concern? I'm unable to delete the breast bone without removing the entire clothing item.

"Chest skin" also seems to cover the breast area.

EDIT: Removing the bones before hand and copying them all from the reference (then deleting the reference) seems to have fixed it. I still get slight issues with them jiggling out of the shirt mesh when moving left and right, though.

EDIT EDIT: Ok, no I'm quadruple confused. I went through and edited several files like this and batch built everything, and now the edited files are working okayish and the files I didn't edit are working perfectly! I didn't add physics to them yet, but somehow they now have physics! VTaw, Lazman, etc all have body matching physics when before they didn't and I was only editing a few items in the DonEb collection. Only the things I've edited are acting weird now. So, the entire reason I'm going through this process fixed itself, at least. But I did edit my favourite pieces first :(

But this only works on my character? Equipping the items on NPCs results in the items not having physics. What in the heck???? (I'm not using Unique Player)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: And now they magically don't have physics anymore, despite doing nothing with Bodyslide!