[sEARCH] looking for an animation file

24 minutes ago, Crym said:

I want to change the turning animation for h2h (Hand to Hand) combat so that it fits my idle. I have been searching for those .hkx files a long time but couldnt find it in the bsaExtractror. Do i have to look somewhere unexpected or does somebody know how it is called?

depends on what exactly your talking about, some animations are made by mixing 2 hkx files together, eg: when swimming forward left/right the game mixes a forward animation with a left or right animation to create a new animation, therefor you get a forward left/right animation that has no corresponding hkx file.

so the file your looking for may actually be 2 or more files mixed together.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:24 PM, RomeoZero said:

Yes all the animations in folder meshes (meshes.bsa) actors\character\animations are named accordingly as *side,*left,*back with it (h2h_attackpowerforwardlefthand.hkx) 

But i am searching for the movement animations not the attack or power attack animations. Or am i misunderstanding you?

On 1/30/2021 at 8:50 PM, MadMansGun said:

depends on what exactly your talking about, some animations are made by mixing 2 hkx files together, eg: when swimming forward left/right the game mixes a forward animation with a left or right animation to create a new animation, therefor you get a forward left/right animation that has no corresponding hkx file.

so the file your looking for may actually be 2 or more files mixed together.

I cant even find something like h2h_walkleft etc. so they must be mixed by some other animations, but which ones?

1 hour ago, Crym said:

I cant even find something like h2h_walkleft etc. so they must be mixed by some other animations, but which ones?

If there are no animation files in you Skyrim Data path ( meshes\actors\characters\animation\ )then you need to extract them from vanilla Meshes.BSA archive to somewhere with this TOOL .  Download a mod with animations that provide 360 degree animations (for a name reference to research).

You also can use HKX to KF converter tool for  loading animations in Nifskope to see what animation are look like. Open Skeleton.nif with Nifskope and right click on open space > animations > attach.KF > choose your animation. There will be an  icon  ▶ "play animation" on the top bar, right after "Show Hidden" Icon, to play it.
That way you can see what animations you need to remake\adjust or overwrite.

1 hour ago, RomeoZero said:

If there are no animation files in you Skyrim Data path ( meshes\actors\characters\animation\ )then you need to extract them from vanilla Meshes.BSA archive to somewhere with this TOOL .  Download a mod with animations that provide 360 degree animations (for a name reference to research).

You also can use HKX to KF converter tool for  loading animations in Nifskope to see what animation are look like. Open Skeleton.nif with Nifskope and right click on open space > animations > attach.KF > choose your animation. There will be an  icon  ▶ "play animation" on the top bar, right after "Show Hidden" Icon, to play it.
That way you can see what animations you need to remake\adjust or overwrite.

I have already searched with the BSA extractor but the problem persists. I dont know where i have to look for whoever the file/s are called

The only converter tool i could find doesnt work for me, maybe because it is from 2012 and really outdated. Or i am doing something wrong again