I need ENB recommendations

Hi guys does anyone have any good ENB recommendations for Skyrim that gives sort of like a Japanese animeish feel which also makes the game more colorful but not overly saturated? Im not satisfied with my current ENB because the colors still appear bland and grey although the textures are nice.

Try The Wilds ENB

Its not too saturated with color, soft colors and isnt too demanding on your pc.

On another note,

With some ENB's when my character is in an exterior cell and in some shade, there is a very obvious neck seam. The head texture stays normal but the body turns shiny red. And it all changes when i move between outdoors light sources/shades.

Indoors is ok.

How can I make this go away? Is there a certain .ini tweak I can make?

Try The Wilds ENB

Its not too saturated with color, soft colors and isnt too demanding on your pc.

On another note,

With some ENB's when my character is in an exterior cell and in some shade, there is a very obvious neck seam. The head texture stays normal but the body turns shiny red. And it all changes when i move between outdoors light sources/shades.

Indoors is ok.

How can I make this go away? Is there a certain .ini tweak I can make?

Try this--->

No More Ugly Bronze Shine

if that doesn't fix it, do you have fair skin complexion installed? if so try uninstalling it & try that.

http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/33957

wow, this enb is awesome!

thanks for posting.

Just 1 question: how can I change the color of light in enb? the torch light is a little bit too red for me :D

I got to agree with ya Co0n  WOW!! this is a really cool ENB there are some flaws, but I can overlook some of it's flaws due to it having thee best DOF I have ever seen in any ENB, pretty sweet in deed. :cool:

thanks for posting.

Just 1 question: how can I change the color of light in enb? the torch light is a little bit too red for me :D

I got to agree with ya Co0n  WOW!! this is a really cool ENB there are some flaws, but I can overlook some of it's flaws due to it having thee best DOF I have ever seen in any ENB, pretty sweet in deed. :cool:

does this enb drops any FPS

thanks for posting.

does this enb drops any FPS

Well that all depends on your rig, I am at 18 to 20 FPS with all the features enabled & I am running over 150+ Mods, this is a really neat ENB, it's not the best out there but, I really like the lighting, it's not to dark & not overly bright, but you might have to tweak a few values in the ENB console to get it to where you like it. & am using a different ENB Palette to change the atmospheric color.

I personally use Project ENB

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20781#content

Cinema setting is my favorite but all 3 looks good, I didnt noticed any FPS problem but I have a quite good configuration

Core i5 3450 @ 3.50ghz

Radeon HD 6850 1GB GDDR5

8GB DDR3 1600

SSD 128gb

So I dont really know what is the impact on lower configurations really.

I also use only SSAO as I dont like the DOF option while playing.

To use this ENB it is better to have the following mods :

Project Reality Climates of Tamriel

Dramatic Clouds

Enhanced Lights and FX

Skyrim HD 2k towns and dungeons

Pure Waters

Glorious Grasses

Hectrol Caves Deluxe

Lightning During Thunderstorms (a must with or without ENB)

Natural Grass Retexture - Floor

Realistic Smoke and Embers

Serious HD retexture Landscape 

Skyrim Flora Overhaul

Static Mesh Improvement SMIM

Waves

I have to say it does look gorgeous, if I am not too lazy I might post a video this week end :P

Guest SemiPr0

A good graphics card Skyrim2k textures/SMIM/HQLOD's and FXAA Post Process Injector has largely been all I need.

I also use CoT and ELFX, but between those, the texture and mesh mods I use and the years old FXXA Injector, I've always found additional ENB's to largely be unnecessary hits to performance.

Plus some people that make ENB profiles seem to think that ridiculous levels of DOF and Bloom somehow make them artsy and make the game look better....sorry but if I'm looking at something and its blurry as fuck cause its about 20 feet from my character......I don't think thats artsy, its annoying.

A good graphics card Skyrim2k textures/SMIM/HQLOD's and FXAA Post Process Injector has largely been all I need.

I also use CoT and ELFX, but between those, the texture and mesh mods I use and the years old FXXA Injector, I've always found additional ENB's to largely be unnecessary hits to performance.

Plus some people that make ENB profiles seem to think that ridiculous levels of DOF and Bloom somehow make them artsy and make the game look better....sorry but if I'm looking at something and its blurry as fuck cause its about 20 feet from my character......I don't think thats artsy, its annoying.

I was like you before I tried Project ENB, just use the max performance option or the SSAO only option with ENB injector version and the impact on FPS will be minimal if noticeable at all.

And the game looks way better with ENB even with FXXA injector and all the lighting and meshes mods you can put in, at leas that's what I am thinking.

Guest SemiPr0

I'll give Project a try and see what I think. I see it has a "Realistic" setting which is sort of how I prefer my Skyrim. We'll see if it changes my mind.

EDIT: Not entirely sure this installed correctly, I added the d3d9.dll to my Skyrim directory, added the enb presets from the Realistic folder there too and copied the data folder to data as instructed. But I don't get an enb series notification on start up and to be honest I can't really tell much difference between previous to installation and after.

Guest SemiPr0

I figured it out, the dll ended up in a subfolder. Anyways here let me demonstrate why I dislike ENB's and feel they're unnecessary.

Project ENB - Realism - Full Graphics/SweetFX Sharpening

projectENBrealism.jpg

Note that while there is a nice light spread over my character here my body details are completely blurred out, I have no abdominal muscle to speak of and you can barely even make out the detail of the navel.

FXAA Post Process Injector Only

FXAAOnly.jpg

Now notice with just FXAA Post Process Injector, my imagery is much sharper, though my lighting profile is obviously starker. Issue is the character details missing from the ENB shot are quite obviously there just using ultra graphic settings and FXAA only.

So overall I still think ENB's while obviously nice, aren't necessary for nicely detailed graphics....granted this spot wasn't the best place to get a screenshot but the character blurring effect has always been a huge complaint of mine in regards to all ENB's I've tried. I simply cannot deal with blurry characters, I didn't spend an inordinate amount of money on my PC and SLI video cards to have Skyrim look like Team Fortress 2 far as character detail goes.

I'll admit environmentally the ENB does give the imagery a lot more color depth and vibrance. But its just not worth the blurring that occurs to me.

Just remove DOF (use SSAO only) and you will get rid of the blur, thats what I do.

if you have a SLI you should be able to run any ENB on Skyrim as long as you dont choose one with stupid effects.

I tried the realistic one and this is the one that has the greater impact on my FPS but it is still totally playable if I use only SSAO which is a good thing because I dont like blur either.

The good thing with ENB is you can customize it the way you like it, the good thing with project ENB is that is already done for you, just choose the option that suits you, the blur effect is just an option.

Without ENB :

post-138874-0-89939800-1367026279_thumb.jpg

With ENB :

post-138874-0-06949800-1367026303_thumb.jpg

I fail to see where the screen without ENB is sharper.

Guest SemiPr0

Oh I didn't notice any performance impact whatsoever, just the usual imagery blurshit that comes along with most ENB's which totally puts me off them. I'll reload it up with just SSAO and see what I think.

Archived