Morrowind Question and Advice Request.

Contessa

If any of you saw my most recent rant in the rant thread then you know why I ask this. I have never modded Morrowind and due to my forceful exit from FNV and Oblivion I am wondering what are the base mods required for a semi-stable groundwork before installing any other mod?

Is there a Mod Manager type for Morrowind or is Wrye Mash pretty much all I need? Script Extender? Unofficial Patches? I know this is basic knowledge, but looking at Morrowind mod lists feels... messy. I'm merely begging for those with experience in modding Morrowind what your suggestions would be.

So free hugs to anyone who can help me and be nice in my time of grave depression and anger at having lost nearly everything. :D

Edit: If this is the wrong spot feel free to chastise me and kick this topic straight to hell or wherever it belongs. :)

There is no mod manager for Morrowind but Wrye Mash does all you need.

There is a script extender (MWSE). It's no where near as vital as OBSE though and is part of MGE (graphics extender).

The essential mod for stability isn't a mod at all. It's the executable patch. Fixes hundreds of bugs in the actual code. For examples, the game can't even save properly without it.

Better bodies is a must, as is a head replacer. Better heads is good but their are others.

Better clothes to go with better bodies.

A texture replacer of your choice.

Their is an unofficial patch for the game, well worth it.

I'd recommend the LGNPC mods.

That's about it.

I would recommend Vampiric Embrace and Vampiric Hunger as well, if your going to try for vampirism they are some of the best vampire mods ever done. Even if your not looking to play a vampire, I would recommend trying it on an alt. Morrowind had one of the worst vampire experiences of all the TES games, but those two mods turn it into one of the best TES vampire experiences.

You can make childer out of any NPC in the game for instance, I don't think anyone pulled that off in Oblivion or Skyrim, but I could be wrong :D

I used to make Vampire covens in the Velothi Strongholds :D

Also World of Faces replaces all the NPC heads with higher quality ones.

Archived