Downloading the separate files + folder question

Hi everyone, I'm not new to Sims but I am very new to modding sims and I'm confused how some of these downloads work. For example, I have downloaded all of Azmodan22's animations, but when I open a given zip folder it shows a list of numbered files plus a folder titled "mods." I was told that the sims only looks one file deep for mods, so what's the point of that folder? 

Additionally, when I drop the folders into the mods folder, would it work if I extracted all of the files from each animation and throw it in a folder titled "Azmodan22," or should I keep each folder intact in the mods folder? 

10 hours ago, SovereignCervine said:

Hi everyone, I'm not new to Sims but I am very new to modding sims and I'm confused how some of these downloads work. For example, I have downloaded all of Azmodan22's animations, but when I open a given zip folder it shows a list of numbered files plus a folder titled "mods." I was told that the sims only looks one file deep for mods, so what's the point of that folder? 

Additionally, when I drop the folders into the mods folder, would it work if I extracted all of the files from each animation and throw it in a folder titled "Azmodan22," or should I keep each folder intact in the mods folder? 

Compressed files downloaded often look like a folder but they really aren't an actual folder.

Although maybe you could consider it a compressed folder. 

Animations that are compressed as .zip, .rar, .7zip need to be extracted before installing into game.

I have different extraction utilities for each type of file as some types are cranky and only work with the right one.

Win-RAR, IZArc, 7-Zip are the most popular types used.

Once installed just right click on compressed file and select which one to extract with.

Some animation files are .package so all you need to do is drop them into Mods.

I make a new folder for animations to be installed into the same location named Wicked Animations.

As I recall Azmodan22 has both 'rough' and 'normal' but you're only supposed to use one or the other and not both.

6 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Compressed files downloaded often look like a folder but they really aren't an actual folder.

Although maybe you could consider it a compressed folder. 

Animations that are compressed as .zip, .rar, .7zip need to be extracted before installing into game.

I have different extraction utilities for each type of file as some types are cranky and only work with the right one.

Win-RAR, IZArc, 7-Zip are the most popular types used.

Once installed just right click on compressed file and select which one to extract with.

Some animation files are .package so all you need to do is drop them into Mods.

I make a new folder for animations to be installed into the same location named Wicked Animations.

As I recall Azmodan22 has both 'rough' and 'normal' but you're only supposed to use one or the other and not both.

.package files can dropped into mods, gotcha.  Is there any consequence to stuffing all those files into one folder though just to keep things organized, or will that mess things up? 

All of my downloads so far have been zipped, I don't have win-rar but I haven't had an issue just using the default extract button to download the mods I do have (which is not very many, to be fair, just WickedWhims and MCCC, both of which work well so far). 

I apologize, I'm not super tech-savvy so a lot of the file talk is a bit alien to me. 

15 hours ago, SovereignCervine said:

.package files can dropped into mods, gotcha.  Is there any consequence to stuffing all those files into one folder though just to keep things organized, or will that mess things up? 

All of my downloads so far have been zipped, I don't have win-rar but I haven't had an issue just using the default extract button to download the mods I do have (which is not very many, to be fair, just WickedWhims and MCCC, both of which work well so far). 

I apologize, I'm not super tech-savvy so a lot of the file talk is a bit alien to me. 

You can put hundreds of .package files in a folder without problems other than maybe slow loading time for the game.

Other ways to fix that too but you won't need to worry for some time.

I never use anything else like an extract button to download mods I just click on the link provided and download with my browser.

Extraction is done after file is finished and in the downloads folder.

Or copy it to the proper folder into mods and then extract it.

But some mods come with extra .txt, .png and other files that don't belong in Mods along with the original zip so they have to be deleted.

All that should be left in Mods is .package and script files.

But it's up to you which way you prefer as you might wish to keep the original downloads in your download folder for backups. 

Did you also get some Animations for Wicked?

PS: Don't feel bad about not understanding tech terms I v'e been paying around with PC's for over 40yrs and never know what others skill levels are.

Ask if you don't understand as there is no stupid questions ;)

On 1/12/2021 at 7:16 AM, Scorpio said:

You can put hundreds of .package files in a folder without problems other than maybe slow loading time for the game.

Other ways to fix that too but you won't need to worry for some time.

I never use anything else like an extract button to download mods I just click on the link provided and download with my browser.

Extraction is done after file is finished and in the downloads folder.

Or copy it to the proper folder into mods and then extract it.

But some mods come with extra .txt, .png and other files that don't belong in Mods along with the original zip so they have to be deleted.

All that should be left in Mods is .package and script files.

But it's up to you which way you prefer as you might wish to keep the original downloads in your download folder for backups. 

Did you also get some Animations for Wicked?

PS: Don't feel bad about not understanding tech terms I v'e been paying around with PC's for over 40yrs and never know what others skill levels are.

Ask if you don't understand as there is no stupid questions ;)

Thanks! So .package files are good, what do script files look like? 

I have gotten some animations for Wicked, only Azmodan so far. 

13 hours ago, SovereignCervine said:

Thanks! So .package files are good, what do script files look like? 

I have gotten some animations for Wicked, only Azmodan so far. 

Scripts just have a different filename .ts4script

But they usually also come with a .package file too

Wicked Whims is considered a Script Mod.

You should get some more animations like MOTHERLOADSIMS, Grey Naya, Mike24.

There really isn't a limit to how many you can have installed and gives more variety for sex locations. 

• 1 month later...
Le 11/01/2021 à 05:41, SovereignCervine a déclaré:

Salut tout le monde, je ne suis pas nouveau dans les Sims, mais je suis très nouveau dans le domaine du modding de sims et je ne comprends pas comment certains de ces téléchargements fonctionnent. Par exemple, j'ai téléchargé toutes les animations d'Azmodan22, mais lorsque j'ouvre un dossier zip donné, il affiche une liste de fichiers numérotés plus un dossier intitulé «mods». On m'a dit que les sims ne recherchaient qu'un seul fichier de profondeur pour les mods, alors à quoi sert ce dossier? 

De plus, lorsque je dépose les dossiers dans le dossier mods, cela fonctionne-il si j'extrayais tous les fichiers de chaque animation et les jetais dans un dossier intitulé "Azmodan22", ou devrais-je garder chaque dossier intact dans le dossier mods ? 

Bonjour :)

Alors tout d'abord, "les fichiers numérotés" comme tu les appelles, sont des fichiers "Tray" que tu dois placer dans le fichier correspondant: Ce Pc / Documents / Arts électroniques / Les sims 4 / Tray. 

Ce Pc / Documents / Arts électroniques / Les sims 4 / Tray.

Ils se terminent par .h ouseholdbinary et. hhi et .trayitem et .sgi

Ils composent le corps de ton Sim.

Le Dossier "Mods" est à placer dans :

Ce Pc / Documents / Arts électroniques / Les  Sims 4 / Mods

Ils sont faits de tout ce qui "habille" un sim. Par exemple, les cheveux, les ongles, la teinte de la peau, les sourcils, les vêtements, les chaussures, le maquillage, etc ...

Ils se terminent tous par .package

Tu peux si tu veux créer un dossier dans le dossier Mods qui s'appellerai par exemple : "Vêtements Femme", et mettre tous les vêtements femme dedans. Tu peux créer un autre dossier "Maquillage", un autre dossier "Meubles", etc ...

Mais évite tout de même de créer des  sous dossiers et sous dossiers etc ...

Pour ma part j'ai énormément de dossiers dans le dossier "Mods" : par exemple

"Altara Acc SDB", "Altara Cuisine", Altara Salon "etc ... de  https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/NynaeveDesign/

Mais je n'ai aucun sous dossiers dans ces dossiers là.

Dans le dossier "Altara Acc SDB", j'ai placé tous les fichiers .package correspondant aux accessoires de salle de bain Altara de NynaeveDesign

C'est ma façon à moi de classer mes fichiers .package, pour retrouver très vite celui qui est cassé ou qui ne me plaît pas plus que ça en jeu.

Oui tu peux créer un dossier "Azmodan22" dans ton dossier  "Mods" et mettre tout es les créations .package d'Azmodan22.

Comme je viens de te l'expliquer pour moi, ça fonctionne très bien comme cela.

Je mets les fichiers .TS4script directement dans le dossier "Mods" par contre.

Par exemple Le Mod Wicked Whims par Turbodriver

et sa traduction Française par Candyman :

https://www.candyman.fr/traduction-wickedwhims-de-turbodriver/

Mais tu n'en as pas besoin, je viens de voir que tu écrivais en anglais, déolée du post en français..

J'espère avoir pu t'aider 

Enjoy