Mods won't work ingame

Hi,

so I just got CK3 and started downloading mods the same way as Stellaris and CK2.

The mods are even shown in the Launcher. But when I start a game, there is no trace of a single mod, that I downloaded.

I think the load order can't be the problem, because in other games that would only brake certain features of the mods etc.

Have tried to start with different mods from LL, but none are working.

When I remove some mods, it even says that the savegames are missing said mods, so does that mean, that they are there, but I don't see the features?

Is there a solution to my problem?
Any option in the Launcher or the game itself?

I don't know if this is your issue but it may help. From the Carnalitas FAQ:

Q: My username contains non-English characters (e.g. accents, Chinese characters) and my mods aren't loading.

A: This is a known bug with the Crusader Kings 3 launcher. To work around this, you can move the "Carnalitas" folder to a different directory that doesn't include non-English characters (such as C:\CK3Mods\Carnalitas\) and edit "Carnalitas.mod" to point to the new directory.

I'm finding that Carnalitas just suddenly stop working randomly. Like halfway through an unbroken game, carnalitas features will randomly stop being present in option panels and the game rules. Once that happens I usually have to completely uninstall the mod and reinstall it to get it working again, and even that only works 1 in 5 times.

On 12/13/2020 at 9:55 AM, Cheri Song said:

I don't know if this is your issue but it may help. From the Carnalitas FAQ:

Thanks, but that's not the problem. (As far as I can see)

On 12/13/2020 at 2:31 PM, idiot1099 said:

I'm finding that Carnalitas just suddenly stop working randomly. Like halfway through an unbroken game, carnalitas features will randomly stop being present in option panels and the game rules. Once that happens I usually have to completely uninstall the mod and reinstall it to get it working again, and even that only works 1 in 5 times.

Well for me it won't even show anything from the mods I installed. I even started the game in multiple languages to see, if that may be the cause, but still...nothing.

Maybe I will just reinstall the mods.

How exactly do you activate the mods?

You need to click on the Playset shown in the center of the initial launcher window. There is a tiny cogwheel icon on the playset itself, which then leads to the only working interface to add and activate mods (and their load order).

At the bottom-right of this menu, you have to click "Add More Mods". This allows to add the downloaded mods to the playset. Afterwards you can enable/disable mods and arrange the load order.

And any time you want to change anything about your mods, you have to do it over this cogwheel icon on the playset. The actual "Mods" tab seems broken or unrelated to what you actually have installed in your playset.

On 12/15/2020 at 5:15 PM, guk said:

How exactly do you activate the mods?

You need to click on the Playset shown in the center of the initial launcher window. There is a tiny cogwheel icon on the playset itself, which then leads to the only working interface to add and activate mods (and their load order).

At the bottom-right of this menu, you have to click "Add More Mods". This allows to add the downloaded mods to the playset. Afterwards you can enable/disable mods and arrange the load order.

And any time you want to change anything about your mods, you have to do it over this cogwheel icon on the playset. The actual "Mods" tab seems broken or unrelated to what you actually have installed in your playset.

Took me a while to realize that my launcher was outdated and didn't have the playset option.
I then created a playset, put mods in there and the launcher even showed me how large these mods were.

But when I started a new game, I didn't get any new gamerules or traits, that are shown in screenshots.

Edit: I just put the mod folders into the steam/workshop path and edited the .mod files. It works!

On 12/17/2020 at 8:49 PM, bonschowi said:

Took me a while to realize that my launcher was outdated and didn't have the playset option.
I then created a playset, put mods in there and the launcher even showed me how large these mods were.

But when I started a new game, I didn't get any new gamerules or traits, that are shown in screenshots.

Edit: I just put the mod folders into the steam/workshop path and edited the .mod files. It works!

I'm having the same issue, can you explain your exact process please ? With folders location and path, I'm a newbie at modding

On 12/25/2020 at 11:09 AM, Daen99 said:

I'm having the same issue, can you explain your exact process please ? With folders location and path, I'm a newbie at modding

You download the mod you want and put it into "D:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\1158310". (for me it's D, just look, where your Steam is installed)

Then, you put the .mod file into that folder.

Next, you right-click the .mod file and open it with the editor.

In there, there is a line that says path=
Change that path into "D:/Steam/steamapps/workshop/content/1158310/NAME OF THE MOD

Save that file and copy the .mod file into your Documents folder. That way, you must have 2 .mod files, one in your Steam folder and the second in your Documents folder.

Then you need to put the mods into a playset in your launcher and hopefully it will work!