MO2 - 2 profiles with on F$ installation possible ?

I would like to play 2 different game-styles in Fallout 4:

a) A Game as intended, doing the quests, building settlements, but using "a lot of crating and building mods", probably even additional weapon and armor mods.

b) an adult themed game with mods like Hardship, AFF violate . RSE CSA .... you name it,

I've looked for posts and guides, but could not find one that answers my question exactly. Maybe one did and i just don't understood, as english is not my native language (makes video tutorials tricky most times).

So my question is:

1) can i use the same Fallout 4 installation, run one single MO2 with 2 different profiles (which will create both their own savegames, if i understood right)? All mods installed in the MO2 and i just activate the needed mods for the specific game-style in seperate profiles. Then switching between the "game styles" by choosing a profie and start FO4 via MO2 ?

2) Or do i need to have 2 installations of MO2, each with their own folders and pathings, but using the same FO4 installation (considering i don't install mods with the ingame menue option, just via MO2)

3) Or do i need 2 installations of FO4 (and probably 2 installations of MO2)?

What is possible and what should i better not try?

Thanks in advance.

1 (different MO profiles) and 2 (different MO instances) can be done. 3 is not really needed.

1. A single game install with F4SE/ENB in the default Steam location + MO profiles
    • You share a common modlist (the mods installed through MO2, listed in the left panel of MO).
    • You can keep separate config files, saves and loadorders (listed in the right panel of MO2).
    • To use different mods in each profile you must install all the mods you want to use in all your profiles, then disable them accordingly in the left panel, not remove them (as that mod will be completely removed from MO and thus from all your profiles).
  2. A single game install with F4SE/ENB in the default Steam location + different MO instances (for example a Portable instance so everything related to that MO setup is inside a single folder).
    • You can keep different modlists for each instance, so you don't need to disable mods in the left panel. You just keep installed the mods you intend to use in each instance.
    • You can keep different config files, saves, loadorder and even MO settings.
    • You'll need to keep each MO instance up to date (so for example if you use the Unofficial Patch in both instances you'll need to update it in each instance individually, because these are different installs of the same mods).
    • Due to the above, you'll be using more disk space as you'll likely have repeated mod files which can't be shared between MO instances.
    • I can't remember what happens with Nexus links when you have multiple instances of MO for the same game. But it could mix or hinder the "mod manager download" button to quickly add the download to MO.

So you keep a single install of FO4 from Steam as expected, and use MO2 to manage your mods. The only things that should be shared between these MO2 profiles or instances is the ENB or F4SE files, because these go in the root Fallout 4 folder.  I'd recommend you to go with profiles for the sake of simplicity. If you go for option 2 you'll need to do a lot of things twice (you'll probably have shared mods between each instance that must be installed twice or more, you'll need to add executables like Bodyslide to each MO instance, and so on).