"No fitting sims" with a couple

Hey, I have a problem with a married couple!! No way to have sex, I always have a message Code #1  "no fitting sims nearby" or it says to enter "ww.fix" because a sims could be stuck. I've tried everything, to click anywhere, wait until they're in the same room, I tried to change the settings, and to reset it just in case I made something wrong. But it still doesnt work.. My game version is the latest, so is WW . So I don't know wat's wrong really...  Before the animations it was kinda working, now that I have downloaded one animation files, everything is fine except they can't have sex.

Can someone help me please :) 

Have you tried starting sex through dialogue with the other Sim? Click on the Sim like for a normal conversation, select the "Romantic" category and find WW's "Have Sex" interaction.

This will either allow you to start sex, or you will receive a notification that Sim XYZ refuses to have sex with your currently active Sim.

That notification will then give you a hint about why they can't have sex and if it reads something like "relationship is too weak" (can't be, if they're happily married and both green and pink bars are full), the true reason might be incompatible gender preferences (e.g. hetero marriage, but the wife is flagged as a lesbian).

In that case, use the commands from this site:

https://wickedwhimsmod.com/relationships#/relationships-gender-preference/

to set their preferences according to what you need them to be.

Huh, weird. Have you tried setting their gender preferences despite this?

Also, since you were receiving "no fitting Sims" initially: Is there anything that would prevent them from having sex? The game itself seems to have a rather broad idea of what is to be considered "incest", for example, and it also doesn't allow for romance interactions when one Sim ages up from teen to adult and the other one doesn't. Having a second household with the same or a similar setup (regarding gender, age, and marriage) would be great for further testing.

Finally, if you're positive that this has only started after you added another animation package (no other changes), you could simply remove that file from your Mods folder. Remember to delete "localthumbcache.package", found in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4".

If all else fails, move all mods except for WW out of your Mods folder (keep at least one animation package), and try again. It should definitely work now, and if it does, you can gradually add your other mods back into the game. That way, you'll find any conflicting or outdated mod(s) that cause(s) trouble - but it might take some time, if you have a lot of mods installed.

Well I think it's something about this couple, because I tried with another one and it's working... 

The couple is an homo couple, so I tried the gender preference like you said but nothing changed. They have the same age (adult). At the begining one of them was able to have babies but I changed it because I didn't want him to get pregnant. But the other setups are defining him as a male, with male attributes and all... So I don't know why it's not working with them. I don't even have an error message or something. In their preferences I made them like everything about their partner, maybe the problem come from this part, I don't know! 

The other couple is a young adults couple, a guy and a girl, they're married, have babies. And it's working. 

In addition to the above post: General options (including "anything goes") are found under WW's Settings>Sex>Gender Recognition Type, while males and females can also be set as "both roles available" individually with the two respective checkboxes in the same menu.

However, I would also suggest getting some MM or all-purpose (MB or even BB) animations, as "re-purposed" MF animations will almost certainly look weird with two male actors.

3 hours ago, quellefolie@live.fr said:

Ok, so I set the animations to no gender preferences, and it's working!! In the animations I downloaded there was few MM animations so I thought it would work, but whatever it is now! I will try to get some specific MM animations later, but thank you very much guys for your help and quick answers!! ? 

One thing to keep in mind is that without that "anything goes" option checked, you'll miss some appropriate MM/MF/FF animations labeled "BI" if your sims are strictly hetero or gay. More than a few big animators labeled certain animations BI for flexibility, back befpre the "respect my sexual preferences" (or whatever it's called) option was changed. One of my favorite animations from Anarcis, for instance, was totally missing after that preferences update. Turns out it was because the animation was set to BI/M, meaning that a straight MF couple or a gay MM couple now can't see the animation unless sex preferences are set to off - where it used to play fine with either. The sim initiating has to literally be BI now. Basically, in the current coding, there are no bi females or bi males. It's M, BI of any gender, F.

Only way I've found to avoid unwanted animations in the current form is to carefully curate playlists for the types of couples/groups, since they function independent of gender preferences. At least until something gets revamped or all animators update their files.  Ideally, design would have M/BiM/GayM/F/BiF/GayF as separate designations, with additional Top/Switch/Bottom additions for each. Additional give/receive from m/f orifice prefs would be even better.  Probably not going to happen at this stage though, with TS5 coming in a year or two. It would mean revamping, or getting permission to revamp a bunch of old animators' work who aren't doing updates anymore.

2 hours ago, SlickWillyLongstroke said:

Ideally, design would have M/BiM/GayM/F/BiF/GayF as separate designations, with additional Top/Switch/Bottom additions for each. Additional give/receive from m/f orifice prefs would be even better.  Probably not going to happen at this stage though, with TS5 coming in a year or two. It would mean revamping, or getting permission to revamp a bunch of old animators' work who aren't doing updates anymore.

That would mean way too much work - both on the mod and on the animation package side. The whole system would probably need to be revamped or even rebuilt from scratch.

With all-purpose (or B for "both genders") animations and/or disabled gender recognition, it tends to work well in general, but the thing is that WW animations always require a combination of actors and location - so a lot of MM animations for double beds won't do you any good if you want to have some sex in the living room. Plus, as you already mentioned, older animation packs might introduce additional trouble.

In any case, I'm glad that the OP's issue has been sorted out. Happy gaming to all of you, and stay safe!

5 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

That would mean way too much work - both on the mod and on the animation package side. The whole system would probably need to be revamped or even rebuilt from scratch.

With all-purpose (or B for "both genders") animations and/or disabled gender recognition, it tends to work well in general, but the thing is that WW animations always require a combination of actors and location - so a lot of MM animations for double beds won't do you any good if you want to have some sex in the living room. Plus, as you already mentioned, older animation packs might introduce additional trouble.

In any case, I'm glad that the OP's issue has been sorted out. Happy gaming to all of you, and stay safe!

Oh, I know it's not practical - unless a much larger user-base were paying $50 a pop for the work. You're not blowing my mind on that or anything. I'm just talking about what the ideal for an all-inclusive sex system would look like, imo, if the funds and man-hours were there. I know it's not gonna happen this go-around, or next with TS5, unless there's a large enough user-base for it. Not holding my breath, and definitely very grateful for what everyone's made here. I honestly got TS4 just for this great mod + all the great additions people have made for it, most often for free on their spare time.

Working hours are probably the critical resource here, but I wouldn't say that it's not gonna happen at all. It's a lot of work for a rather small outcome, in terms of visible/noticable changes, so it's not something you would make a top priority (speaking from personal experience here, I'm not involved with the mod in any way). However, once all the "cool" features like strip clubs are fully done, we might very well see some revamping and a few improvements to the "older" components of the mod - you know, that "quality of life" stuff, or whatever marketing blokes call it these days.

Regarding TS5, I'm not getting my hopes up in any way. Nobody knows, when the game will be out (or if at all), and if it really comes with an online multiplayer mode, chances are that EA will drastically reduce or even remove customization through mods - both for technical and legal reasons.

Your ideas for a "deeper" sex system are great actually, especially the Top/Bottom thing (don't know how often I had to have Sims switch positions). Having these designations for both animations and actors (similar to gender prefs) would allow for a much more straightforward selection, without the need to memorize anything about animations or carefully curate your playlists. Additionally, autonomous sex and progression would also benefit from this, as Sims could "stay in character" more easily (instead of using animations that seem kinda off, regarding head-canon).

On 11/28/2020 at 3:55 AM, Crashdown117 said:

Working hours are probably the critical resource here, but I wouldn't say that it's not gonna happen at all. It's a lot of work for a rather small outcome, in terms of visible/noticable changes, so it's not something you would make a top priority (speaking from personal experience here, I'm not involved with the mod in any way). However, once all the "cool" features like strip clubs are fully done, we might very well see some revamping and a few improvements to the "older" components of the mod - you know, that "quality of life" stuff, or whatever marketing blokes call it these days.

Regarding TS5, I'm not getting my hopes up in any way. Nobody knows, when the game will be out (or if at all), and if it really comes with an online multiplayer mode, chances are that EA will drastically reduce or even remove customization through mods - both for technical and legal reasons.

Your ideas for a "deeper" sex system are great actually, especially the Top/Bottom thing (don't know how often I had to have Sims switch positions). Having these designations for both animations and actors (similar to gender prefs) would allow for a much more straightforward selection, without the need to memorize anything about animations or carefully curate your playlists. Additionally, autonomous sex and progression would also benefit from this, as Sims could "stay in character" more easily (instead of using animations that seem kinda off, regarding head-canon).

Yeah. It's that "swap roles" bit that makes me really want such a function. I play with a lot of group scenarios, often with one or two being hetero-flexible, which, due to current design quirks, inevitably ends up with the big, buff tops riding each other and making out voraciously while the bottom and/or F slaps their asses or gets a strap-on ready. Really funny... once or twice. But I end up having to swap often 2-3 times for each animation to get it right. Definite flow-killer.

I'm likely a rare-case-use though.... unless a lot of users do group scenarios, where it happens often. People doing simple couples won't see it as often and there's a work-around for top/bottom couples if in the same household (whichever sim was created first, left-most in CAS, tends to be the default top, most of the time - unless you have some of the kinkier animations. I had to disable most of the fem-dom ones).

Would also take all animators following a strict, well thought-out set of guidelines for labeling each act appropriately. Inevitably, the form and function of a free-flowing "anyone can contribute" situation means that can't be enforced. I think we'd all rather have a lot of content with some minor quirks than a small group of animators following guidelines to a tee, though.

Shame about TS5 if that online function is the case. Would be nice if they can have an adults-only server, but I wouldn't bet on it.

21 hours ago, SlickWillyLongstroke said:

I'm likely a rare-case-use though.... unless a lot of users do group scenarios, where it happens often. People doing simple couples won't see it as often and there's a work-around for top/bottom couples if in the same household

I'm doing mostly couples, but often with Sims from different households, so CAS order doesn't do anything. Same-sex relationships are the worst here, as both Sims are equally "capable" of filling the dominant role. Plus, with lesbians using strap-ons (requires females allowed in male roles), wives in hetero marriages can end up "giving" to their husbands, if gender prefs aren't properly set for everyone (that's the downside of all-purpose anims). For futa or trans Sims, even those won't help sometimes.

I know that Devious Desires has dominant/submissive traits as a part of its Kinky module, but there's no such thing for "regular" sex AFAIK.

Anyway, I think this could actually be done without introducing strict guidelines:

Interpreting "male" roles as "dominant/giving" and "female/both" as "submissive/receiving", animations could be re-categorized in a rather simple way (well, in theory).

Actors' gender and prefs stay the main categories (so no males in female roles, unless allowed by settings), but top/bottom traits are used to assign specific actor slots (especially for same-sex and group activities). That way, "dominant" lesbians will be more likely to use a strap-on and play the "male" part, bi males might both "give" and "take" in group scenarios, and so forth. Pretty much like your initial idea with different designations - only without a lot of different designations (therefore potentially even more flexible).

Unfortunately, I'm not a modder, so I can only theorize about it. If somebody stumbles upon this idea and wants to give it a try, please do go ahead.

• 3 years later...