For another game, possibly. CK3, tho, probably impossible.

Paradox doesn't patch crusader kings unless they've got major issues to correct or change. Their checksum for Ironman/achievement eligibility is on a hair trigger as well, so anyone brave enough to invest their skills and a huge amount of time into modding for CK3 will have to study the patch notes in detail and compare the coding changes before/after as to how their mod interacts with the game to make sure it's even gonna work or not be redundant in some/every way.

What exactly are you thinking of?

Something that just changes the number to the current version? That's only a warning anyway.

If you mean a desktop application that checks for newer versions and can pull and install them? I don't think loverslab does support that currently, And building something like that requires quite a bit of effort, forces you to implement standards that might deter some more casual modders, and mainly requires skills that go beyond what modding requires. It's not impossible, things like that exist after all, but it pretty much requires a professional software dev (or a team more likely) to spend a lot of time on it, without guaranteed success. It might also incur additional infrastucture costs. And once it exists, someone needs to maintain it.

It's not that it wouldn't be nice, but it's not the type of thing you ask others to volunteer for.

(I trust you didn't ask for pipeline that starts the game with the new code, after pulling dependencies, tests for everything a user might attempt ingame, reads out a possible crashlog, then configurates a machine learning model to create an AI that will dive into the code base and reform it to fit the new requirements... )

• 1 year later...
On 11/21/2020 at 7:06 PM, bunt776 said:

What exactly are you thinking of?

Something that just changes the number to the current version? That's only a warning anyway.

If you mean a desktop application that checks for newer versions and can pull and install them? I don't think loverslab does support that currently, And building something like that requires quite a bit of effort, forces you to implement standards that might deter some more casual modders, and mainly requires skills that go beyond what modding requires. It's not impossible, things like that exist after all, but it pretty much requires a professional software dev (or a team more likely) to spend a lot of time on it, without guaranteed success. It might also incur additional infrastucture costs. And once it exists, someone needs to maintain it.

It's not that it wouldn't be nice, but it's not the type of thing you ask others to volunteer for.

(I trust you didn't ask for pipeline that starts the game with the new code, after pulling dependencies, tests for everything a user might attempt ingame, reads out a possible crashlog, then configurates a machine learning model to create an AI that will dive into the code base and reform it to fit the new requirements... )

so, how do i use mods that sau its built for a different game version then. cause all the mods on ck3 that i wanna use say they are build for another version. and i cant use them. idk what im doing