20 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Try replacing the included script with the attached one. It'll only apply the blank dummy outfit when the NPC is abducted or read from file, not every time the NPC is loaded.
After replacing, load save, open console and type "reloadscript _MODAbductionReduxAliasScript" and then load the save again.

No, that depends entirely on what mods you have installed. In a standard game all unique NPC will work. For most that'll be true in a modded as well, haven't heard about any widespread incompatibilities. I know Bijin and Botox for example work fine.

_MODAbductionReduxAliasScript.pex 12.01 kB · 1 download

So I used this link to set up my mods would the npc part tab break the mod?

11 hours ago, Heartless1206 said:

So I used this link to set up my mods would the npc part tab break the mod?

Again, I haven't heard about any widespread incompatibles. The mod filters any non-unique NPC that doesn't support appearance changing and generally that's enough. The only thing I could *possibly* imagine causing problems is High Poly Head, not due to this mod but if you try to apply a HPH preset on some NPC that doesn't support it or vice versa. Goes for anything you use in your racemenu presets, it has to be available for the target NPC too and not just player only.
But in the end only way to know for sure how the mod works in your load order is to try it in your load order.

2 minutes ago, Sulphur.999 said:

Occasionally AR will kill and delete some characters I have taken. I never sweated it before because it was always some random character (bandit/necromage/etc) that I took because I thought they were cute, but was no big deal. This morning tho, it spontaneously decided that Camilla Valerius (sp?) had to die and I don't want that to happen. I did move her to a custom home I've installed. I didn't think it would gank a unique like that, but it sure did. Message and all. Watched her wink out of existence. Double plus ungood in my book. Any insight as to how I could put a stop to this?

Edit: She did get added to Nether's Follower Framework, as they all do when I ask them to follow. I used that to assign her to her new home so she would do the work, relax stuff it offers. The randoms never let me assign them like that so they get left with just the "set to move" command offered by AR. Camilla is the first I've assigned like this to get wacked.

On 9/18/2021 at 4:39 PM, Sulphur.999 said:

Edit: She did get added to Nether's Follower Framework, as they all do when I ask them to follow. I used that to assign her to her new home so she would do the work, relax stuff it offers. The randoms never let me assign them like that so they get left with just the "set to move" command offered by AR. Camilla is the first I've assigned like this to get wacked.

Random enemies being deleted is normal, it's due to the game wanting to remove randoms to save resources - they're not supposed to stick around, they're either killed by the player or left as the player leave the area.
When that happens there is nothing for the mod to manage so they're purged. Can't say I've had it happen very often though, they usually just get a new random appearance. Very seldom outright deleted. Suppose it depends on what mod is installed and how they handle spawns.

As for Camilla vanishing, what was the exact message? Might be a conflict with how NFF handles NPC but since it's fairly popular I should have been reported before, odd.

13 hours ago, LazyGirl said:

Random enemies being deleted is normal, it's due to the game wanting to remove randoms to save resources - they're not supposed to stick around, they're either killed by the player or left as the player leave the area.
When that happens there is nothing for the mod to manage so they're purged. Can't say I've had it happen very often though, they usually just get a new random appearance. Very seldom outright deleted. Suppose it depends on what mod is installed and how they handle spawns.

As for Camilla vanishing, what was the exact message? Might be a conflict with how NFF handles NPC but since it's fairly popular I should have been reported before, odd.

It was the regular "purge" message. "CV has been killed and removed and her items moved . . ." I dunno the exact message. It never hangs around long enough. Like I said it usually does do the randoms, if it does it at all, and I don't sweat it. They usually do the behavior you described, changing appearance and clothes. Camilla is another thing altogether.

BUT

Reloading a few times trying to figure it out seems to have spared her. It did kill her about 3 more times, on reload, and then stopped. I have no idea why. I'm still on the same playthrough tho, so if I come up with something I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2021 at 2:50 PM, unknown654 said:

Thanks, however my other skse mod got broken after I type reloadscript _MODAbductionReduxAliasScript and then save and reload the game.

any solution?

I'm sorry but that's why I didn't write anything about saving in the instructions. Just load save -> reload script -> load same save again.

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Yuni said:

Silly random question: Does it work on any actor, or just humanoid ones? Like can you use this on animals?

It'll work on any actor. I haven't tested it really but you should be able to pacify, rename and relocate them to new homes just as with humanoids. No dialogue for recruitment though so you need another mod to use them as followers. I believe many of the bigger follower frameworks have some sort of "recruit anything" option however.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm somewhat fascinated by the technical aspects of how you got the RaceMenu presets to work on NPCs. As far as I remember, people have been talking about this being impossible to do for years, but you seemingly figured it out. Aren't NPC heads usually stored and used by the game in a way that is incompatible with PC heads (and by extension the RaceMenu system as a whole)? I remember my own attempts at doing even the most basic of NPC hair/head changes ending in horrible brown-face bugs and reading troubleshooting guides on the matter for hours and hours. I've only heard of two other mods that do something similar, which are Phendrix's Project Proteus and your LazyFollowers mod.

Any chance of you giving a technical breakdown of what's happening here and how it works?

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 10:13 AM, UnknownK said:

I'm somewhat fascinated by the technical aspects of how you got the RaceMenu presets to work on NPCs. As far as I remember, people have been talking about this being impossible to do for years, but you seemingly figured it out. Aren't NPC heads usually stored and used by the game in a way that is incompatible with PC heads (and by extension the RaceMenu system as a whole)? I remember my own attempts at doing even the most basic of NPC hair/head changes ending in horrible brown-face bugs and reading troubleshooting guides on the matter for hours and hours. I've only heard of two other mods that do something similar, which are Phendrix's Project Proteus and your LazyFollowers mod.

Any chance of you giving a technical breakdown of what's happening here and how it works?

Sorry for the late reply, didn't get a notification. Everything is handled by RaceMenu so I really can't take any credit for it. This mod just hands over the NPC and the preset for application. The core functionality is just this one line

CharGen.LoadCharacterEx(NPC, NPC_RACE, PRESET, RACEMENU_FLAGS)

A limitation is that this isn't entirely persistent - the changes aren't stored in the save. The preset needs to be reapplied on game load and whenever the NPC has been unloaded by the game and loads back in again. The main work I did was just write the stuff that handles the re-application.

As for how it works from a technical perspective I can't really say. If I recall/understood correctly this function allows RaceMenu to apply the PC customization system to the NPCs, changing/building their faces on the go instead of using the pre-baked heads. Drawback is that this puts a bigger strain on the game engine.

14 hours ago, Draego said:

Bro the mod sldefeat and abduction redux are not working together, if one loads and other doesn't is there a way to make them work together

One of the older Abduction mods had a dummy defeat script to ensure compatibility, you need to delete that if you use both.
This version doesn't have it so if you have problems there's something else going on. I'd start by making sure all the required mods are installed, enabled, correctly loaded and doesn't have any of their scripts overwritten. They're all used to gather the data necessary to build the menu.

You can also enable papyrus logging and use that to see if there are any script errors. Every script in the mod should have "abduction" in it's name so you can search for that and see if any lines are complaints about things missing.

On 4/26/2022 at 6:01 AM, LazyGirl said:

Sorry for the late reply, didn't get a notification. Everything is handled by RaceMenu so I really can't take any credit for it. This mod just hands over the NPC and the preset for application. The core functionality is just this one line

CharGen.LoadCharacterEx(NPC, NPC_RACE, PRESET, RACEMENU_FLAGS)

A limitation is that this isn't entirely persistent - the changes aren't stored in the save. The preset needs to be reapplied on game load and whenever the NPC has been unloaded by the game and loads back in again. The main work I did was just write the stuff that handles the re-application.

As for how it works from a technical perspective I can't really say. If I recall/understood correctly this function allows RaceMenu to apply the PC customization system to the NPCs, changing/building their faces on the go instead of using the pre-baked heads. Drawback is that this puts a bigger strain on the game engine.

Thanks a bunch for your explanation and sharing all of this work. It's much appreciated ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...