HDT JFF TUTORIAL

i have been searching the website for an old tutorial telling how to adjust the JFF parameters....what i 'm aiming for is to adjust my hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP to make breasts move horizontally not only vertically ...same thing to belly ...!?   where can i find it ...and is this possible to do ..??

many thanks in advance 

On 11/8/2020 at 5:05 AM, aspirine2 said:

i have been searching the website for an old tutorial telling how to adjust the JFF parameters....what i 'm aiming for is to adjust my hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP to make breasts move horizontally not only vertically ...same thing to belly ...!?   where can i find it ...and is this possible to do ..??

many thanks in advance 

First, you should know that JFF was made to allow MINOR modifications to physics, thats where the name comes from, Just for fun. What you want to do is a complete change of physics. No one is answering probably because no one will ever do that in JFF. While it should be possible it will require a lot of effort via trial and error.

You would first need to figure out the correct axis (trial and error) and then modify bones (correct axis for inertia, center of mass, etc) and constraints parameters (correct axis for linear and angular limits, spring values, damping values).

If you have a lot (and i mean really a lot) of time to spend on it then I know there was a mod (cant remember which one) which included XML for butt horizontal vs vertical movement. You can compare these and use it as an example for your modifications.

53 minutes ago, OrrieL said:

First, you should know that JFF was made to allow MINOR modifications to physics, thats where the name comes from, Just for fun. What you want to do is a complete change of physics. No one is answering probably because no one will ever do that in JFF. While it should be possible it will require a lot of effort via trial and error.

You would first need to figure out the correct axis (trial and error) and then modify bones (correct axis for inertia, center of mass, etc) and constraints parameters (correct axis for linear and angular limits, spring values, damping values).

If you have a lot (and i mean really a lot) of time to spend on it then I know there was a mod (cant remember which one) which included XML for butt horizontal vs vertical movement. You can compare these and use it as an example for your modifications.

thanks for letting me know

• 2 weeks later...

It actually isn't that hard or time consuming. Tedious, absolutely. Time consuming to get perfect, but you could probably knock out a decent config in less than a couple hours.

Take a look at this. Using JFF, you can adjust the parameters instead of editing the text files, but I was careful to use exact spelling and capitalization of the parameter names. Therefore, they have the same names in JFF.

IIRC, to get left right movement, you use z-axis to get the effect of rotating on a pole that is centered on the breast bone.

It's been 6 years so I don't remember all the ins n outs, but that's how you'd do it.