SE SexLab Tools -- How I got it to work

Disclaimer, I am a scrub at modding, this is just what worked for me, maybe it will help others.

Sex Lab tools was CONSTANTLY making it so my Skyrim would not even start, not even a black screen.

This fix was cobbled together by searching thru other threads and comments..

1) DL/Install sexlabFramework SE 163

2) DL/Install UIExtentions 1.2

3) DL/Install SexLab tools V3.0 (the LE version)

4) DL/Install Patched SE SL Tools Updated

All of these are down as normal in MO/Vortex

Now, get this tool, the BSA Browser

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/1756?tab=files

Install it and run it.

You will use the BSA Browser to extract the BSA file (same name as mod) in SL tools V3 mod directory

Then Delete the BSA file from that directory

Repeat with the BSA file in the UI extensions folder, extract the files from the BSA files, then delete the BSA file from that mod directory.

In Vortex, I have the UI extensions mod run BEFORE Sex Lab tools V3 mod, the the Patched SE SL Tools file runs AFTER the Sex Lab Tools V3 mod.

I hope this will be of use to someone else, good luck.

• 1 year later...

I was desperate, so I followed this guide even though I was almost certain I would just ruin my game due to all the file fuckery said guide contains, but lo and behold, it actually fucking worked. You absolute madlad. Your account seems inactive so you'll probably never read this, but in case you do: thanks a bunch.

• 8 months later...

Ah, thank you for this. after figuring out your instructions, I got it working. (atleast I got my game launching properly lmao, I still have yet to play the game and see if the mods still work because im still setting my mods up)

for those who are smooth braining like I was while reading this, I will put it in simplest terms. in the spoiler below (At least for MO2)

Spoiler

Heres a very simple step by step guide. I did this for SE, but I assume this should work for LE as well.

I have no idea if this actually worked or not just yet function wise, but my Skyrim SE launches now with the mods enabled, and im still setting up my mod list lmao. if I havent updated this with confirmation, just @ me or something and update this to include if it actually worked fully or not.

• Step 1: Download and install SexLab Tools and UIExtensions with MO2 
  • Step 2: Download and extract BSA Browser (I used the 7-Zip and extracted it inside a folder and ran BSA Browser.exe)
  • Step 3: Run BSA Browser.exe
  • Step 4: Click File in the top left (Or Ctrl+O)
  • Step 5: Click Open Archieve (Or Ctrl+O)
  • Step 6: Find your MO2 installation folder. (My was in C:\Users\(USER)\AppData\Local\ModOrganizer
  • Step 7: Open the Instance your SexLab Tools and UI Extensions is installed in
  • Step 8: Open the mods folder
  • Step 9: Open SexLab Tools
  • Step 10: Open SexLab Tools.BSA (Its the only BSA file in the mod)
  • Step 11: Click Extract at the bottom of the BSA Browser program window
  • Step 12: Extract inside the SexLab Tools folder
  • Step 13: Delete the .BSA file from the SexLab Tools Folder.
  • Step 14: Repeat Steps 9-13 with UIExtensions.

(Links)

UIExtensions SE/LE

SexLab Tools SE/LE

BSA Browser

Edited by MythicalTwinkie