[SOLVED] NPC's freezing during whipping

On 1/26/2021 at 8:44 AM, Kingslayer101 said:

Oh I have Pretty combat anims too. I'll take a look, thanks.

Bad news -> good news. I had suspicion this bug wasn't fixed, now I confirmed it. And as I thought, it was the problem with animation/combat AI, but Pretty Combat isn't the culprit. Ultimate Combat Overhaul is.

3 hours ago, kapibar said:

Bad news -> good news. I had suspicion this bug wasn't fixed, now I confirmed it. And as I thought, it was the problem with animation/combat AI, but Pretty Combat isn't the culprit. Ultimate Combat Overhaul is.

Yeah I found that out too. I disabled Ultimate Combat in MCM but I still have NPCs freezing.

35 minutes ago, Kingslayer101 said:

Yeah I found that out too. I disabled Ultimate Combat in MCM but I still have NPCs freezing.

Because this is an animation issue, not an AI problem. What you need to do is remove UCO entirely and rebuild FNIS. This solves the problem.

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2021 at 2:05 PM, kapibar said:

Because this is an animation issue, not an AI problem. What you need to do is remove UCO entirely and rebuild FNIS. This solves the problem.

this is so unsatisfying since it does not solve the problem but produces the problem of not having ultimate combat -.-

I am at the same point right now, FNIS overwrite did not help, the problem still persists. Only removing UCO completly seems to work but I just dont want that :(

Or is there a non-Nemesis Combat mod with similar capabilities?

On 3/26/2021 at 12:04 AM, Nymra said:

this is so unsatisfying since it does not solve the problem but produces the problem of not having ultimate combat -.-

I am at the same point right now, FNIS overwrite did not help, the problem still persists. Only removing UCO completly seems to work but I just dont want that :(

Or is there a non-Nemesis Combat mod with similar capabilities?

Did you manage to fix this problem? If yes, pls tell me how... I have the exact same problem rn...

13 minutes ago, DavidWillers said:

Did you manage to fix this problem? If yes, pls tell me how... I have the exact same problem rn...

No :(

I made a hard decision and threw Ultimate Combat out the window. It seems it is FNIS incompatible, at least that is what I read in some of the threads. 
It kicked me into rebuilding my Combat Mod combination and yeah, well.... whipping works now.

TK dodge seems to be unrelated, at least that is a plus. But at the moment I let FNIS overwrite it. 

On 3/29/2021 at 12:54 AM, Nymra said:

No :(

I made a hard decision and threw Ultimate Combat out the window. It seems it is FNIS incompatible, at least that is what I read in some of the threads. 
It kicked me into rebuilding my Combat Mod combination and yeah, well.... whipping works now.

TK dodge seems to be unrelated, at least that is a plus. But at the moment I let FNIS overwrite it. 

Well, in case this helps you... I decided to remove the attack animation overhaul folder ("SwingBehavior") that the mod provided.... That way I am still able to use Ultimate Combat and have whipping animations... That is the best solution I could come up with. Of course it creates the problem of the AI having vanilla swing animations but that is good enough for me :)

3 hours ago, DavidWillers said:

Well, in case this helps you... I decided to remove the attack animation overhaul folder ("SwingBehavior") that the mod provided.... That way I am still able to use Ultimate Combat and have whipping animations... That is the best solution I could come up with. Of course it creates the problem of the AI having vanilla swing animations but that is good enough for me :)

hmm, nice. Nice indeed! :P Will have to explore that further, thx alot!