The Walking Dead Survival Instinct

polluxval

Yah the game is complete shite. One of the worst FPS games I've played. Only rented it thankfully.

So you did actually play the game and agree with the OP that this is a very bad FPS game. Thanks for the confirmation.

I saw TB review first and already knew that I should stay the hell out of this game.

But still I love TWD and will probably buy it when game will be like -66/75% off :P

TB "WTF is...

I don't necessary agree HanPL. If they can fix the problems that plague this game in patches -66% to -75% even -90% off of crap still leaves crap. Unless there is some major improvement and patching that shows some effort to fix at least most of the major problems mentioned in reviews I personally won't even buy it at 95% off. Just my thoughts. I would like to support those game manufactures that actually take some time and effort to create a functional game and take pride in fixing to their best of ability any issue that arise.

Terminal Reality who made Survival Instinct had few pretty cool ideas but what can you do when you get deadline from Activision.

"Yea guys make new TWD game o yea and you have like 6 months to do so good luck "

No wonder game is getting so negative reviews had the potential but like always cash grab was more important for company.

And well game is like 3-4h long if you only want to beat it once so if the price will be like 4-5$ then why not can play it and forget about it :D

Terminal Reality who made Survival Instinct had few pretty cool ideas but what can you do when you get deadline from Activision.

"Yea guys make new TWD game o yea and you have like 6 months to do so good luck "

No wonder game is getting so negative reviews had the potential but like always cash grab was more important for company.

And well game is like 3-4h long if you only want to beat it once so if the price will be like 4-5$ then why not can play it and forget about it :D

Companies like this can make money by putting out crap. They put minimum effort and experiment with cool ideas. A long as some profit is made they will continue to create bad games. Don't get me wrong there have been bad games that have been produced and are still fun to play for a short time. Sometimes the company fixes the worst of the problems and make it bearable. If this is the case in the future for this game than great. if not there are / will be other TWD games being produced. It is currently a cash cow. Anything with TWD connected with it is going to make money. This is likely the reason for such a short production schedule.

I'm not expecting a masterpiece at all. No, I just want a game that functions as advertised without failing to deliver what is promised. This isn't some free game or a mod added to a game from individuals with unique ideas to contribute to the game these games are produced by professionals to be sold for money to the mass public.

We all would like that but nowadays most of the companies want quick cash grab or worse don't even care what is happening with their games (like new Alien....)

Only the biggest players on the market who have tons of money can take their time and develop great games that we will play for years. Good example Rockstar Games.

RDR still great game, GTA 4 mods still come out and even playing " vanilla " games is still great fun.

Companies like this can make money by putting out crap. They put minimum effort and experiment with cool ideas. A long as some profit is made they will continue to create bad games. Don't get me wrong there have been bad games that have been produced and are still fun to play for a short time. Sometimes the company fixes the worst of the problems and make it bearable. If this is the case in the future for this game than great. if not there are / will be other TWD games being produced. It is currently a cash cow. Anything with TWD connected with it is going to make money. This is likely the reason for such a short production schedule.

I'm not expecting a masterpiece at all. No, I just want a game that functions as advertised without failing to deliver what is promised. This isn't some free game or a mod added to a game from individuals with unique ideas to contribute to the game these games are produced by professionals to be sold for money to the mass public.

We all would like that but nowadays most of the companies want quick cash grab or worse don't even care what is happening with their games (like new Alien....)

Only the biggest players on the market who have tons of money can take their time and develop great games that we will play for ears. Good example Rockstar Games.

RDR still great game, GTA 4 mods still come out and even playing " vanilla " games is still great fun.

I agree with both.

Companies want results in very little time (wich is not new, anyone remember the Vampire:Bloodlines charade? - btw. one of my fav games of all time with a lot of potential but fkd up by no other but................ ACTIVISION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), so developers have to get hurry and even if they have great ideas they are unable to work on them as they should.

I remember The Blair Witch series games and Nocturne, made by Terminal Reality. Those games were pretty amazing, so im sure this abobination was a fact of time and Activision's greedy and pathetic intentions.

The point I want to get across is if we accept them doing this they will continue doing it. We accept it by buying their games that are of a sub par quality.

Of course.

For my part, I'll not buy this shitty piece ever. I have a huge collection of games, but defenetilly this one is out... like DmC and many others.

Yah the game is complete shite. One of the worst FPS games I've played. Only rented it thankfully.

So you did actually play the game and agree with the OP that this is a very bad FPS game. Thanks for the confirmation.

Yes I actually played it on 360. Since someone posted TB's vid I thought I'd mention it crashed on me twice there so it's not just the PC version with problems.

Activision would soon go bankrupt If they would continue to release games like Survival Instinct.

I'm pretty sure that this game was just quick way to get some $ as long as people will buy anything TWD related.

TWD is hot now. Very hot. Surprised there aren't any TWD mugs on Home Shopping Channel. Seriously it was a great idea to "cash in" on the popularity of the Comic/movie series. Hell even my mom enjoys this show. She upgraded her TV and cable  (to get the DVR) so that she could record it. In case your wondering she was using the same equipment from 1999. (including the tv)

Anyone that can should "cash in" and make product for this craze. However they have to actually make something that functions, not crap. Just a little more effort to fix the issues and make a simple game that delivers = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in their wallet. Make crap ==== Bankruptcy.

It is a real shame this happens. Just a little more effort and they can make a gem instead of a turd.

Yep just look at Walking Dead from Telltale. Fantastic game winning lots of awards + GOTY title.

This is what happends when you put time and effort to make great game that will suit both TWD fans and "casual " gamers that are not really into TWD.

Yep just look at Walking Dead from Telltale. Fantastic game winning lots of awards + GOTY title.

This is what happends when you put time and effort to make great game that will suit both TWD fans and "casual " gamers that are not really into TWD.

Yep .. and now they are seeing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ because of a little bit of effort.

If I remember correctly Kirkman was helping developing TWD from Telltale game was made with real passion and enthusiasm and you can see that clearly in game.

Meanwhile Survival Instict was made based on "Yea just make TWD related game in 6 months get 2 voice actors from tv series and it will sell "

If I remember correctly Kirkman was helping developing TWD from Telltale game was made with real passion and enthusiasm and you can see that clearly in game.

Meanwhile Survival Instict was made based on "Yea just make TWD related game in 6 months get 2 voice actors from tv series and it will sell "

I haven't played that game yet but heard great things about it. It shows that he had passion and enthusiasm. Everybody that I know enjoyed the game even if they really didn't like the style or game play. The mostly agree it was well executed.

Yep .. and now they are seeing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ because of a little bit of effort.

happens... very often.... *cofcof* ea *cofcof*

yes, kirkman helped with walking dead from telltale.

Yep it's really good game and by the end there might be hornet in your eye | manly tears ^_^

sniff....

Archived