Owner's Room SSR Video Screen MOD

EDIT: THIS DOES NOT WORK FOR DMM VERSION, AND LIKELY WILL SOON BE FIXED FOR STEAM. KEEP A BACKUP OF THE ORIGINAL FILE SO YOU CAN REPLACE IT WHEN YOUR GAME INEVITABLY BREAKS

An example mod for the SSR Video Screen in the Owner's Room. I hear it doesn't work for certain versions; all I know is that I'm playing on steam, and it works fine for me.

Drop the mod below into the "common" folder of the DX11_global_data folder in the game root. However, I would HIGHLY recommend extracting the game's own version of it first, and putting it somewhere safe; I have had this crash on me on a couple times, so you might want to revert to the default in case you want to spruce up your room or anything.

Making your own mod is extremely simple; take any wmv video, and title it as e88a8e41c01e60bbf5dce3f78390cf86e7ee589178207037cd1ede36090c2cb0 (make sure you remove the .wmv as well). Your video will become a generic file, but it's still encoded as a video (even the game's version is like this; adding .wmv to the end turns it into a regular video file). Drop it into common as stated above. Be aware that the owner's room will play the video with all its components; this means that it WILL play the audio as well! You will need to mute your video before you put it in the folder.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.37d40903252edaf0779579df443986c5.jpeg

e88a8e41c01e60bbf5dce3f78390cf86e7ee589178207037cd1ede36090c2cb0

Yeah thats outdated on DMM and it will be soon for STEAM as well.

Btw: for smooth video play, make sure that your exchanged video has the same codec/format as the original. Simply renaming and MP4 or MOV wil not change the codec and can result in crashes!
I had the specific codec data and made videos exactly for that, but since it doesnt work anymore, theres no use in checking.

1 hour ago, Jinraider said:

I hope at least I don't have to switch it back when steam eventually stops allowing it; I'm sure that it'll just replace the file itself...

When the patch comes and you still got the replaced file, when going into the owner room (with the video wall in it) the game will crash.

So keep that in mind!

And I dont know why the mod doesnt work properly anymore. There must be some kind of identification, because when you delete the original file, it will redownload it, leaving you in the "ball animation" loading screen. But if you replace it the game crashes.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MrGreenFKS said:

since this doesn't work anymore (and i failed to make an backup) can anyone post their original "e88a8e41c01e60bbf5dce3f78390cf86e7ee589178207037cd1ede36090c2cb0" file?

you can just right click on the game in Steam and go to properties and verify file integrity. it will reinstall/replace it with original (though will reset local cached settings; i.e. environment settings, tan settings, filter sort settings, etc)

I guess video format of all video mod previous worked is wmv8 and I also used ffmpeg to transcode some video to wmv8 (ffmpeg's codec list is wmv3) and it worked before.

But now stream version only support wmv9 (VC1) but ffmpeg doesn't support wmv9 encoding.

I can't find any valid official download of Windows Media Encoder from microsoft which should have VC1 encoding capability (I don't trust unknown unofficial download)