YAY! partial success! 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.e716223ffea3c4f64f55da469829482e.png

Issue #1 I have the magnitude settings wrong so I need to fix that.

Issue #2 the Top by itself pushed to tier 2 so it is counting as more than one slot. I think this is because the top takes up 2 slots even though the 2nd slot is not a tracked slot. Is that possible?

1 minute ago, Corsayr said:

Issue #2 the Top by itself pushed to tier 2 so it is counting as more than one slot. I think this is because the top takes up 2 slots even though the 2nd slot is not a tracked slot. Is that possible?

Mmm. Slots are checked individually. So it shouldn't

But it COULD if say a body piece occupies body, calves and forearms. And you also had those slots checked in the Mcm then yes that one armor piece would count as 3. I think I can fix that if need be. 

15 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

That's weird right? 

Ahh it's a bit hard to follow with the screenshots. They're taking ages to load. and then I have to save them, zoom in to read the vars. You can just type them. I'll take your word for it :P

There's no need to reset the variable really. It's stateless. Meaning it doesn't matter what the value was before. It's not a factor. The entire thing is calculated from scratch when it's updated. 

What slots have you flagged in the mcm? The calc is:

(Number of slots with a clothing item / Number of slots flagged in the Mcm)

So 2 slots occupied / 4 slots flagged in the mcm = 0.5 for example. 

12 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Ahh it's a bit hard to follow with the screenshots. They're taking ages to load. and then I have to save them, zoom in to read the vars. You can just type them. I'll take your word for it :P

There's no need to reset the variable really. It's stateless. Meaning it doesn't matter what the value was before. It's not a factor. The entire thing is calculated from scratch when it's updated. 

What slots have you flagged in the mcm? The calc is:

(Number of slots with a clothing item / Number of slots flagged in the Mcm)

So 2 slots occupied / 4 slots flagged in the mcm = 0.5 for example. 

I flagged 32

On 9/23/2020 at 5:29 AM, Corsayr said:

No the top is adding .5 but when removed is only subtracting .25

Hmm ok. Replace your scripts with these.

<snip>

I've added a bit of debugging as I can't recreate any issue on my side. Start a new game and press H to print out what is occupying your slots. Maybe something is sneaking in. 

I'm out of time so I've got to go. I'll check back on you tomorrow. Hopefully you'll figure it out while I'm gone :D

59 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Hmm ok. Replace your scripts with these.

scripts.7z 3.95 kB · 1 download

I've added a bit of debugging as I can't recreate any issue on my side. Start a new game and press H to print out what is occupying your slots. Maybe something is sneaking in. 

I'm out of time so I've got to go. I'll check back on you tomorrow. Hopefully you'll figure it out while I'm gone :D

Eureka! 

The culprit is unmasked!

It is my Shimmery Pink Fingernail polish from YPS fashion. ?

A clothing item that occupies the 33 slot (unless gloves are on which is why the gloves were the only item that seemed to work right.)

7 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Ok so questions!

Do you want the mod to count or not count devious devices?

Do you want the mod to count or not count items with SexlabNoStrip keyword? This keyword is can be present on stuff like Being a cow hooves etc. It's also present on your IF shimmery nails etc.

Edit: Actually I will add a check for ArmorClothing keyword first and see how it goes for you before adding checks for the above stuff. 

Ok so.

Removed debugging. 

Added a couple of buttons to the Mcm.

Added check for ArmorClothing. 

Mod should now handle adding/removing the spell.

I removed magnitude zero effect as it doesn't serve any purpose... unless.... you want to display a zero effect in the active effects panel. But to do that you'll need to switch from applying a perks to applying magic effects. I'd probably also recommend that rather than re-use a vanilla effect that you duplicate it and add it to Focus.esp itself. This way you can be sure that other mods won't change the effect in some manner that would conflict. 

<snip>

There's also the question of what to do with your starting magicka mult.....? Should the mod lower it to zero?

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Ok so.

Removed debugging. 

I removed magnitude zero effect as it doesn't serve any purpose... unless.... you want to display a zero effect in the active effects panel. But to do that you'll need to switch from applying a perks to applying magic effects. I'd probably also recommend that rather than re-use a vanilla effect that you duplicate it and add it to Focus.esp itself. This way you can be sure that other mods won't change the effect in some manner that would conflict. 

Focus.7z 5.79 kB · 1 download

There's also the question of what to do with your starting magicka mult.....? Should the mod lower it to zero?

OMG thanks!!

I'm going with no on the devious devices (they are not cloth) ArmorClothing keyword is probably the best qualifier (But I am partial to keywords as you already know) that should do the trick.

Starting mult I usually remove myself there is often a lot of trouble shooting with it because so many mods play with the mults and don't bother telling you they are doing that. That is why I had my widget mod changed to monitor mult instead of rate (curtesy of BW)

No one ever changes rate so it is pretty static, so why have a widget that monitors that?? ?

Fun experiment go in to a game you have been playing for a while, and check your current levels for stamina/health/magicka mult then try to figure out why they are at those levels. If your game is anything like mine was before I started monitoring and adjusting they will NOT be 100. ?

But for realz! This is amazing, thank you so much for your help! ?

10 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Ok so.

Removed debugging. 

Focus.7z 5.79 kB · 2 downloads

Okay so now I have tested, it isn't working. 

The _FOC_slotsPC global is not increasing when I put on clothing items in the slots. The show slots shows them in slot, it just isn't "qualifying"?

I checked that the outfit items had the ArmorClothing keyword, and they do. 

(the new MCM stuff is working btw!)

Never mind, it is working, I just had to remove the spell and reapply it. ?

9 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Never mind, it is working, I just had to remove the spell and reapply it.

Phew.

15 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Starting mult I usually remove myself there is often a lot of trouble shooting with it because so many mods play with the mults and don't bother telling you they are doing that.

Yea I know what you mean. I wouldn't bother trying to do anything automatic. Too many pitfalls. Probably just add a toggle 'Lower my magicka mult' '(default off) and a slider to set the amount. And probably just a text read-out of what your current rate is. 

Might also add an option to select between clothing only or armor as well. I usually play a battle mage type character. 

<snip>

I've taken a couple of liberties, hope you don't mind. I've copied the MGEF into focus. Changed it's name to 'Focus' and allowed it to be displayed in active effects panel. I've also changed the magnitude levels a bit to: 100, 75, 50, 25. I think base magicka regen is 100 in vanilla skyrim?

Also:

Added options to decrease your magicka mult (disabled by default)

Added option to switch qualifying armors between 'Clothes only' & 'Clothes And Armors'

Created FoMod.

Probably good enough to post now if you'd care to do the honors. 

7 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Focus v1.1 (24-Sep-2020).7z 9.05 kB · 0 downloads

I've taken a couple of liberties, hope you don't mind. I've copied the MGEF into focus. Changed it's name to 'Focus' and allowed it to be displayed in active effects panel. I've also changed the magnitude levels a bit to: 100, 75, 50, 25. I think base magicka regen is 100 in vanilla skyrim?

Also:

Added options to decrease your magicka mult (disabled by default)

Added option to switch qualifying armors between 'Clothes only' & 'Clothes And Armors'

Created FoMod.

Probably good enough to post now if you'd care to do the honors. 

Wow so cool!

let me test it ? 

It's such a small mod probably be better posted as a tweak on someone's really popular tweaks page though don't ya think? 

1 minute ago, Corsayr said:

It's such a small mod probably be better posted as a tweak on someone's really popular tweaks page though don't ya think? 

Ah no. It's not a tweak as such. Besides, I'm hitting the character limit on that page. And besides 2, there's worse/smaller shite that has it's own page. 

9 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Ah no. It's not a tweak as such. Besides, I'm hitting the character limit on that page. And besides 2, there's worse/smaller shite that has it's own page. 

okay ?

I hate to ask... But can we change the name to FocusPokus?