More Scheming

I have no idea what you are asking about but if you are asking about if there is a way to have more schemes of same type than one then yes, you can alter it in common/defines/00_defines.txt in any mod that has it (for the time being I am not aware of a way to overwrite just a part of this file and neither are some other people so many (if not all) mods that alter defines alter this whole txt file so some should defo have it.... or you can just make one yourself)

There is already a perk in the intrigue lifestyle tree that gives you an additional offensive scheme so I am sure you could mod in more.

The interesting thing in my mind for moders is to broaden the available schemes beyond "I murder/Abduct this dude/girl". 

I would love to see a loverslab mod that would let me do the following:

1) Cuckold my vessels, then reveal that their heir is actually mine later to claim his holdings

2) Organize a threesome with characters who have multiple lovers

3) Be able to share secrets with characters to pass along hooks; think passing along a little black book to your heir to keep strong hooks between character death.

4) A way of using hooks to blackmail characters for sexual favors; stronger hooks leading to more extreme content.

5) More sexual related secrets; we have "deviant" but that could be expanded on by this lovely community I am sure!.

*6) This might be a thing already but; making the abduct plot covert so no one knows what happened to the abducted rather than them just being imprisoned. Then you could do what you like to them with no negative penalties.

3 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

There is already a perk in the intrigue lifestyle tree that gives you an additional offensive scheme so I am sure you could mod in more.

The interesting thing in my mind for moders is to broaden the available schemes beyond "I murder/Abduct this dude/girl". 

I would love to see a loverslab mod that would let me do the following:

1) Cuckold my vessels, then reveal that their heir is actually mine later to claim his holdings

2) Organize a threesome with characters who have multiple lovers

3) Be able to share secrets with characters to pass along hooks; think passing along a little black book to your heir to keep strong hooks between character death.

4) A way of using hooks to blackmail characters for sexual favors; stronger hooks leading to more extreme content.

5) More sexual related secrets; we have "deviant" but that could be expanded on by this lovely community I am sure!.

*6) This might be a thing already but; making the abduct plot covert so no one knows what happened to the abducted rather than them just being imprisoned. Then you could do what you like to them with no negative penalties.

These are all great ideas, and I will include them in the mod I'm working on. Regarding #6, I will probably do that, but make the fact that you have the person imprisoned a secret--that way it can be discovered by other characters (and potentially used as a hook against you).

12 hours ago, rhipeen said:

I have no idea what you are asking about but if you are asking about if there is a way to have more schemes of same type than one then yes, you can alter it in common/defines/00_defines.txt in any mod that has it (for the time being I am not aware of a way to overwrite just a part of this file and neither are some other people so many (if not all) mods that alter defines alter this whole txt file so some should defo have it.... or you can just make one yourself)

If I understood correctly, what he meant was something like ploting against a ruler using his own wife. You know like stealing the girl from the other king.

On paper it seems neat, although I don't know if it would affect much in gameplay.

5 hours ago, nikitanik3 said:

max_hostile_schemes_add = num

max_personal_schemes_add = num

You can create a trait and interaction to give it to your character. (Sorry for bad English, i'm Russian).

There is an example mod   MHS.rar

Thank you so much. Is there a way to make it player only or will it apply to AI as well? Or making it a modifier instead of a trait?

11 minutes ago, Gom3R said:

One thing that should be added is possibilities to do stuff like make sure you can remove/scheme away a possible pregnancy once you have done the lay with spouse deed. It would add alot more dark roleplay to the game. 

Honestly I'm shocked that something similar doesn't exist in vanilla. Even if not necessarily forcing an abortion or some such, forcing them to get rid of the child somehow would be useful and flavorful for dealing with bastards. Plus it would allow for the potential of your banished bastard reappearing to cause trouble later. 

• 1 month later...

The scheming definitely needs a liftoff. Currently there isn't even scheme to free someone being imprisoned or to disable enemy champion before combat.

Personally I am dead tired of seeing my enemy call ally whom I have converted previously into my shield-maiden using equal faith and then see my troops slay in battle my lover who is the wife of the called ally, just because the guys in the game don't have dick-boost on their prowess and thus the females are having equally good chance to become champions as males, which is just about as ahistorical as it can get.

Which duke would dare to put their KARLING-dynasty wife who is the daughter of their king to work as champion in a battle they are likely to lose?

10 hours ago, Atrocide said:

The scheming definitely needs a liftoff. Currently there isn't even scheme to free someone being imprisoned or to disable enemy champion before combat.

Personally I am dead tired of seeing my enemy call ally whom I have converted previously into my shield-maiden using equal faith and then see my troops slay in battle my lover who is the wife of the called ally, just because the guys in the game don't have dick-boost on their prowess and thus the females are having equally good chance to become champions as males, which is just about as ahistorical as it can get.

Which duke would dare to put their KARLING-dynasty wife who is the daughter of their king to work as champion in a battle they are likely to lose?

The funniest/most aggravating moment I had with this was the time my son and heir came of age as my army was walking into battle. His martial was high enough to get him teleported into the army as a knight before I could disable him. He proceeded to get his head ripped off in combat and died instantly. That was a bad birthday for him.

On 10/18/2020 at 4:31 PM, Ozvelpoon said:

The funniest/most aggravating moment I had with this was the time my son and heir came of age as my army was walking into battle. His martial was high enough to get him teleported into the army as a knight before I could disable him. He proceeded to get his head ripped off in combat and died instantly. That was a bad birthday for him.

Lol. I can't imagine how that would happen, as usually I am having trouble with always having few champions left behind because I decided it was too dangerous to drag someone to battle and then the replacement goes to reserve. It is certainly not fun trying to drag army of four persons trough the battlefield, especially if you have made thrusts behind conquered coastal counties, as army of four will be immediately annihilated if they move into those nasty crossing hostile county -100 attrition zones...

Another thing I learned pretty soon was that never do viking attacks from the sea straight against enemy armies, as even though the forder-trait is supposed to negate the penalty of landing attacks, it doesn't and that -30 penalty is quite great way to get your 2:1 superiority elite quality army annihilated against medium quality army quite shitty commander.

A good way to turn an supposed to be easy conquest into a tactical nightmare, where soon you learn every damn neighbor sees you as easy target for raiding and even though your vassals still have their larger than the attackers armies intact, they never bother to defend their own lands against foreign war parties, no matter how small and hardly ever care to defend against raiders. Why would they, that is their liege's job, because they donate tenth of their income and levies to their liege and it's not their problem their liege got his armies annihilated...

Talking about lovers, I guess my funniest moment in the game was when my homo-sexual lover Jarl Halfdan Hvitserk of Jorvik, who also happens to be my wive's father and thus ally decides to declare to world my dalliance with her wife (my wife's mother), who became pregnant with my bastard child. What does he care if he is homosexual and my lover?

I guess he was really mad, as next thing I noticed was he decided to join his brother Ivarr in defending his islands when he had already lost, as the warscore was already at 100 and I was only waiting to get my money and favors from the remaining ransomed prisoners before enforcing demands... O'h well, I guess that was just for some easy prestige gain as being the "leading ally" participant. :D