I write erotica, know some history, and have some PDX modding experience. Let's make magic together.

There's a lot of amazing mods out there. My Skyrim was absolutely LOADED with stuff from Loverslab.

But there is one thing that is kind of a... turn-off for me. Implausibility. Whether its bandits whipping out plastic sex toys in Skyrim or dialogue that's just totally out of character/anachronistic/unbelievable.

So I want to offer my services as a commissioned writer, history undergrad, and amateur modder... and help create THE adult mod for Crusader Kings III.

I can write content ranging from romantic to sadistic and take especial care that it has some semblance of authenticity to the time period. My PDX modding experience is super limited and probably not very useful, but I imagine writing events will be easier than map modding...

Something I'd like to make;

Sway, if done to a lover/spouse, basically opens a window to the player of the character's habitual sexual relationship. Naturally, this would create different scenes depending on the myriad of factors. Essentially anything and everything I feel like writing. Instead of events being very random and generic, I would want them to be as specific as possible- so that you never feel like you're getting the same scene with a different character. For example;

Lustful vs. Chaste: An event where your partner is either frustrating or accommodating. A chaste husband might invite another man to the bedroom to satisfy his wife... or he might chide her for wantonness. Seducing your chaste wife might involve an extended scene of gentle foreplay and experimentation as your character tries to figure out how to get her in the mood.

Different Cultures: A Viking could attempt to woo his French princess-turned-concubine by gifting her luxuries not usually enjoyed by women of Scandinavia... or if he's callous, he could just bend her over until she learns her place at court.

Congenital Traits: Does a character find another's albinism off-putting or exotic? Do they have to take the other's poor constitution into consideration when they have sex... or do the Amazonian/Herculean lovers go at it all night?

And so on!

I see one of your ideas same as my one. Good NTR stuff :)
Look at this: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/way-of-life-changes-extensions-quests-events.1420366 and tell me please what you think.

I consider trying to write my 1st mod. Idea was about travel prostitution. So female character could take a "pilgrimage" with events having sex for shelter or food hehe
While I like NTR more, this one seems so small, it could be good for 1st mod.

I'm interested in making a event collection mod that likely pairs with Cheri's Carnalitas.  I'm not really familiar with how to create mods for CK3 yet, but I am learning C# and Java so I am confident I could adapt to CK3.  I'm not much of a writer, but if you are willing to work slowly (Currently on a 60+ hour a week work project + college + life) on this with me I would be all for it.

I'm liking your ideas so far, espcially the part about traits effecting "attraction" and changing the scenes.  Would you be willing to write up some non-sex releated scenes as well, just to have more diverisity with events in the game? 

I was actually thinking that the game's traits, while very strong... sometimes feel VERY limiting. Anyone who has played a Shy ruler will be made PAINFULLY aware of how much that trait dominates their lives.

So I was thinking that certain non-sexual event chains could allow you to change your traits over time, likely at the cost of stress and after a long period of time. Historically, I would point to the example of Richard, Duke of Gloucester. You could probably pin him in his early life to be Compassionate, Trusting, and Diligent. However, towards the end of his life and during his reign as Richard III, he dropped Compassionate and Trusting for Callous and Paranoid.

People are certainly capable of dramatic changes when going through extraordinary circumstances and I somewhat chafe at the current... inflexibility of CK3's trait system.

Hmm. Maybe being at stress level 1+ is a prerequisite for changing your traits. After all, people living carefree lives never have to worry about changing! Instead of picking up any of the coping mechanism traits, you can instead try to change yourself. It's random and not guaranteed to work and having it only available at a level of stress incurs some risk.

Just spit-balling!

Makes sense to me.  That is one thing I have noticed with CK3 vs. CK2, traiks in 3 you're often stuck with the ruler's entire life and they do not usually gain any... in what I've played so far, most of my characters have only gained military and stress releated traits.  2 had that problem where sometimes you would get a good trait and one day your character just seemed to randomy lose it.  But yeah, people change, so it makes sense to have an option to change things at certain points in life, especially stress releated ones.

Today I start scrawling down just about every possible plot I could think of involving the traits that currently exist in the game. I'd be hesitant to add any new traits unless absolutely necessary.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cahUQRK6iA4UaW6qE-ww84wVx0LzD8I6TLwZQQn9B4s/edit?usp=sharing

In the middle of writing this, I realized that CK3's events are all in the first person perspective, which can be... problematic.

Sometimes, I would need to write up to 4(!) versions of the same scene. Male Swayer, Female Swayer, Male Swayee, Female Swayee. Add to that same-sex partners and we might need 6(!!) versions of the same scene, each from a first person perspective. That is... too much. It would take a VERY long time to make even one event, and admittedly I dislike writing in the 1st person POV.

There's several solutions to this;

1. Write these scenes in third person. This is a bit... immersion breaking, since every vanilla event in CK3 is written in first person and then you'd suddenly get one in 3rd Person. I kinda hate this solution but it would mean the difference between a handful of scenes and several dozen scenes.
2. Write these scenes very vaguely, avoiding explicit language. This isn't as bad as it sounds- it just requires creativity on both the writer and reader's part.
3. Find a way to insert new vocabulary words into the game... for sexy things. Ie; CK3 automatically distinguishes between Count/Countess. But we would need it to, say, distinguish between Breasts/Chest, Manhood/Womanhood, Cock/Pussy, etc. 

14 hours ago, Inerrant said:

I was actually thinking that the game's traits, while very strong... sometimes feel VERY limiting. Anyone who has played a Shy ruler will be made PAINFULLY aware of how much that trait dominates their lives.

Have you tried being shy in the real world? It's a painfully dominating trait ?

4 hours ago, Inerrant said:

Today I start scrawling down just about every possible plot I could think of involving the traits that currently exist in the game. I'd be hesitant to add any new traits unless absolutely necessary.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cahUQRK6iA4UaW6qE-ww84wVx0LzD8I6TLwZQQn9B4s/edit?usp=sharing

In the middle of writing this, I realized that CK3's events are all in the first person perspective, which can be... problematic.

Sometimes, I would need to write up to 4(!) versions of the same scene. Male Swayer, Female Swayer, Male Swayee, Female Swayee. Add to that same-sex partners and we might need 6(!!) versions of the same scene, each from a first person perspective. That is... too much. It would take a VERY long time to make even one event, and admittedly I dislike writing in the 1st person POV.

There's several solutions to this;

1. Write these scenes in third person. This is a bit... immersion breaking, since every vanilla event in CK3 is written in first person and then you'd suddenly get one in 3rd Person. I kinda hate this solution but it would mean the difference between a handful of scenes and several dozen scenes.
2. Write these scenes very vaguely, avoiding explicit language. This isn't as bad as it sounds- it just requires creativity on both the writer and reader's part.
3. Find a way to insert new vocabulary words into the game... for sexy things. Ie; CK3 automatically distinguishes between Count/Countess. But we would need it to, say, distinguish between Breasts/Chest, Manhood/Womanhood, Cock/Pussy, etc. 

If I correctly understand the problem, in CK2 you could solve this by using customizable_localisation. There is also a customizable_localization folder in CK3 so maybe look into those files.

Agree on custom localization - the vanilla 'sex_scene' on the results of seduction uses an amusingly named custom localization "wet_hard" for this line:

` sex_scene.0001.second_9:1 "[second.GetSheHe|U] guides my hand down between [second.GetHerHis] legs to show me how [second.Custom('wet_hard')] [second.GetSheHe] is.`

You could theoretically add a bunch of these pretty easily, the definition for wet_hard is only about 13 lines.  I think it might still be challenging to get everything if more of the sentence than a few words has to change.

For my amateur attempt at writing some eroticism in my mod, I ended up going the route of breaking the event desc apart into a bunch of parts.

<Gender neutral setup>

<Gender specific stuff>

<Gender neutral ending>

You can use desc blocks with first_valid and triggered_desc to only include the specific gender stuff you want, and always include the neutral stuff.

I'll probably have to learn a bit of coding myself and create quite a few of these, as I find word selection kinda crucial to the process of writing something sexy.

I'd probably make an exhaustive list of words and phrases and then categorize them on thematic appropriateness, ie; just for genitals, we could do something like...

Romantic: Manhood/Womanhood
Vague: Length/Entrance
Neutral: Cock/Pussy
Poetic: Phallus/Flower
Crass: Dick/Cunt
Clinical: Penis/Vagina

And then for actions, I think it might be possible to divide them up by roughly analogous acts like...

Slow Masturbation: Stroking/Massaging
Neutral Masturbation: Jerking/Rubbing
Fast Masturbation: Pumping/Fingering
Romantic Oral: Kissing/Pleasuring
Neutral Oral: Sucking/Licking
Hard Oral: Choking on/Smothering in

And then we all kinds of nuance with what's actually sexy and what is readable. Plus tenses! Take just the word fuck, for example. There's a lot of ways to say it, just with a male on female; "You fuck her./He fucks you." , "As you're fucking her/As he's fucking you" , "You fucked her/He fucked you"

It's gonna be a continuous balance between applicability and specificity. I like to apply the 'Iceberg principle' to writing smut- sometimes the less specific you are, the more room your readers have to creatively fill in the gaps with their own imagination. You just have to get those creative juices flowing. ;)

At the same time, being too vague has its own pitfalls! I'm sure along the way we'll get plenty of funny and unsexy mixups so it'll be a continual effort.

I think the custom word distinction is definitely the way to go. Yes, eventually one would need to add all combinations of words and tenses, but we don't need to front-load that work - just write your events and we can add the required variations one after the other.

On 9/12/2020 at 8:00 PM, KylerDarkwood said:

I'm interested in making a event collection mod that likely pairs with Cheri's Carnalitas.  I'm not really familiar with how to create mods for CK3 yet, but I am learning C# and Java so I am confident I could adapt to CK3.  I'm not much of a writer, but if you are willing to work slowly (Currently on a 60+ hour a week work project + college + life) on this with me I would be all for it.

Same here (more time, but who knows when motivation dwindles unexpectedly). Although for now the most work is figuring out how stuff works anyway, not scripting the events themselves, we can just make it a collaborative efford easily as long as we don't write the same events simultaneously.

It's nice to read smart people who think about realism. This is what this world needs) Historicity and authenticity of the behavior of characters in the Middle Ages! This is the noble aim of the human modder for historical strategy. There is a desire to see not the destruction of character traits, but their gradations and ranks. Let's say shyness is level 3. And the drunkard and so on. To clearly see when it's okay and when it's horror.

I realize I should probably give a sample of the actual quality of my writing so I can prove I'm somewhat half-literate. ;)

This is a rough approximation of what a finished event chain kinda looks like in my brain, minus all the actual syntax and coding stuff that would go into replicating this in engine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UTk1BNiE59luAGKu5QyoRdpO8rRIhqYspGiNNl7lpsQ/edit?usp=sharing

9 hours ago, Raskolnyet said:

Seems natural to follow your (very well written) story with another guest making the When Harry Met Sally reference and asking, "I'll have what she's having."

You read my mind. ;) I linked Siudhne that clip yesterday as a possible continuation, where if your partner is ALSO bold or lustful, they really let loose at the table, banging the silverware and moaning.

Speaking of, I have to thank Siudhne for the coding and syntax. We've got a working proof of concept and it's absolutely crazy and humbling to see my writing end up in-game like this. Things are pretty basic now but I intend to really push the limits of CK3's engine to tell emergent stories. 

Now that I've seen firsthand that this is feasible, my ideal for the mod is threefold;
1. To make it so that players have a hard time telling the difference between a vanilla CK3 event and one of ours... at least until, you know, SEX.
2. To make it so that players will rarely see an event fire twice in a playthrough- helping each encounter feel unique and varied.
3. To make it so that when they DO see the same event, the whole body of text could be different depending on factors like traits, personality, culture, religion, etc.

Again, I really have to thank Siudhne. For someone with such limited coding experience as myself, it's pretty incredible seeing this stuff represented in engine.

boldprop.png

I love the idea for this mod. I wonder if, in the example story. The "soft rejection" (the one that only results in 10 stress) that the lady can give should throw an event back to the man, and if he is callous or sadistic or some other domineering trait he can push through her reluctance and continue anyways.

On 9/15/2020 at 8:05 PM, Inerrant said:

You read my mind. ;) I linked Siudhne that clip yesterday as a possible continuation, where if your partner is ALSO bold or lustful, they really let loose at the table, banging the silverware and moaning.

Speaking of, I have to thank Siudhne for the coding and syntax. We've got a working proof of concept and it's absolutely crazy and humbling to see my writing end up in-game like this. Things are pretty basic now but I intend to really push the limits of CK3's engine to tell emergent stories. 

Now that I've seen firsthand that this is feasible, my ideal for the mod is threefold;
1. To make it so that players have a hard time telling the difference between a vanilla CK3 event and one of ours... at least until, you know, SEX.
2. To make it so that players will rarely see an event fire twice in a playthrough- helping each encounter feel unique and varied.
3. To make it so that when they DO see the same event, the whole body of text could be different depending on factors like traits, personality, culture, religion, etc.

Again, I really have to thank Siudhne. For someone with such limited coding experience as myself, it's pretty incredible seeing this stuff represented in engine.

boldprop.png

Hey, that's awesome.  Congrats you two.

Are you just messaging here back and forth to work on it, if I may ask?  I'm still interested myself and I am going to try to do a deep dive into how to mod for CK3 this weekend.

Like idea from link below. Classic male-rivarly, courting stuff.

Multi-men courting. Yup! There are TRACES of such thing in the soulmate event chain in CK3. After losing a duel with a random guy (no, such NPCs is not checked for having an actual plot to court MC's love interest), he "continues to court" MC's lover interest. I believe it's fake. There could be duel(s), tournament(s), intrigue(s), and even quests! With multiple stages. The late stage could result in a love interest to have ONS with a winner of given stage. While love interest may marry someone who won whole tournament.

• So how about altering/adding romance/seduce events, so character (either PC or NPC) could win one, late "date" (a courtship phase), sleep with the woman in that event, and later courtship ends. Man who "wins" (marries, becomes lover or a soulmate) could be somebody else than who banged.
  • Farinelli solution - Wife/concubine could have sex with husband's/man's relative - as closest as possible (not suspected of being bastard, any dynasty member as a last resort), in case her husband has problems with fertility (or she thinks he has a problem).
    1. She starts it. The husband never realizes that. He has a bastard, but still a child is his blood and dynasty.
    2. She starts it. The husband realizes that and may prefer to either keep quiet or reveal the affair. Revealing in such a situation should have a harsher reaction from the wife/concubine if she just cheated.
    3. The husband convinces wife to do so (cuckold/netorase stuff). a) He allows her to choose. b) he chooses a "bull".
  • Wife-ruler, in case o matrilineal marriage and husbands problems described in point above, could cheat:
    1. If she's a soulmate - she asks
    2. If she likes (opinion) her husband, but she is not a soulmate, she will tend to cheat with dynasty member as in point above
    3. If she doesn't like him and is not a soulmate, she could cheat like any other cheater
    4. If she hates him, she could sleep with a rival and/or a liege.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/way-of-life-changes-extensions-quests-events.1420366

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2020 at 2:15 AM, Inerrant said:

I realize I should probably give a sample of the actual quality of my writing so I can prove I'm somewhat half-literate. ;)

This is a rough approximation of what a finished event chain kinda looks like in my brain, minus all the actual syntax and coding stuff that would go into replicating this in engine.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UTk1BNiE59luAGKu5QyoRdpO8rRIhqYspGiNNl7lpsQ/edit?usp=sharing

Any news, guys?