Updated to 158c, game crashes still

updated my WW to 1.58c because earlier my mods did not work at all, now i dont get any exceptions but the game will just crash to desktop everytime, i have tried removing all mods except WW and it still crashes.

Note- game will run for about 2 mins and then crash, it varys sometimes it 1 minute, sometimes 2 or 3.

Any ideas ?? i even uninstalled the whole game and cleared all file locations. still crashes

46 minutes ago, Standarsh said:

updated my WW to 1.58c because earlier my mods did not work at all, now i dont get any exceptions but the game will just crash to desktop everytime, i have tried removing all mods except WW and it still crashes.

Note- game will run for about 2 mins and then crash, it varys sometimes it 1 minute, sometimes 2 or 3.

Any ideas ?? i even uninstalled the whole game and cleared all file locations. still crashes

Its the patch that's the problem. Its buggy as hell and causing all sorts of problems.

1 hour ago, Standarsh said:

Same here. Removed ww and the game ran for an hour or so before crashing. Hadn't been having crashes and very few LE's.

Just chiming in here. Having the same issue. Removed all mods, repaired game and added back the important ones one at a time. (all of them have been updated for this patch)

MCCC > fine

MCCC > UI Cheats > fine

MCCC > UI Cheats > WW > crash (I can't even get through the welcome wagon on a brand new save).

I have auto-updates turned off but once I saw that all my main mods were updated, I foolishly updated my game.

56 minutes ago, buttmonkies said:

Its the patch that's the problem. Its buggy as hell and causing all sorts of problems.

I can't find any info about this. If you don't mind me asking - what's your source?

The only thing I could find on Google within the past 24 hours was a Reddit posted 5 hours ago from someone who stated that all he had was MCCC and WW and was crashing.

12 minutes ago, BatDood said:

Just chiming in here. Having the same issue. Removed all mods, repaired game and added back the important ones one at a time. (all of them have been updated for this patch)

MCCC > fine

MCCC > UI Cheats > fine

MCCC > UI Cheats > WW > crash (I can't even get through the welcome wagon on a brand new save).

I have auto-updates turned off but once I saw that all my main mods were updated, I foolishly updated my game.

yea i cannot make it past the welcome wagon, just yesterday i played for 8 hours and not one crash, but after this update its crashes, and when i say crashes it just takes me to desktop, no errors or anything.  and also again, it can run for 10 seconds or best i got now was 4 mins, always crashes though

Just now, Standarsh said:

yea i cannot make it past the welcome wagon, just yesterday i played for 8 hours and not one crash, but after this update its crashes, and when i say crashes it just takes me to desktop, no errors or anything.  and also again, it can run for 10 seconds or best i got now was 4 mins, always crashes though

Honestly, I think there's an issue with 158c that Turbodriver might have missed. It happens. We're all human. As I mentioned earlier, I'm putting mods in one at a time and it's not until I put WW back in where I crash.

2 minutes ago, BatDood said:

Honestly, I think there's an issue with 158c that Turbodriver might have missed. It happens. We're all human. As I mentioned earlier, I'm putting mods in one at a time and it's not until I put WW back in where I crash.

same for me. its just weird because i figured more people would be having this issue.

also i noticed when i forced them to have sex (before it crashes) the other sims do not react at all, and that was an issue i seen with 158b when sims 4 updated today. all weird mann

I tried downloading WW again going on the assumption that I possibly had a bad download. I've tried using it and I can almost pinpoint where I crash. It seems like any time I use one of the dialogue options associated with the Attraction system, I crash. Sex is out of the question because I can't even get that far.

1 minute ago, BatDood said:

I tried downloading WW again going on the assumption that I possibly had a bad download. I've tried using it and I can almost pinpoint where I crash. It seems like any time I use one of the dialogue options associated with the Attraction system, I crash. Sex is out of the question because I can't even get that far.

only thing i can think is it crashes when a sim or something specific happens. my game runs great and everything works, and i dont get any WW notifications that their are errors, but its weird how inconsistant the crash times are, anywhere from as i said 10 seconds to 4 mins. unusual

3 minutes ago, Standarsh said:

only thing i can think is it crashes when a sim or something specific happens. my game runs great and everything works, and i dont get any WW notifications that their are errors, but its weird how inconsistant the crash times are, anywhere from as i said 10 seconds to 4 mins. unusual

It's not inconsistent for me. I'm pretty much guaranteed a crash any time I use Attraction system dialogue options. Try it and see if that happens to you as well.

I also tried the download from Nexus hoping that maybe the one on ITCH.IO was bad but it's the same thing.

Just now, BatDood said:

It's not inconsistent for me. I'm pretty much guaranteed a crash any time I use Attraction system dialogue options. Try it and see if that happens to you as well.

I also tried the download from Nexus hoping that maybe the one on ITCH.IO was bad but it's the same thing.

ill try it now.  i also tried redownloading WW and it still crashes

10 minutes ago, BatDood said:

i think ig ot my crash issue fixed, in origin launcher settings turn origin in game off. i have not had a crash yet this run

I'm starting to narrow down the issue (at least for me). I've been able to play without a crash after I did the following:

- on the hunch that I was having issues with the Attraction system, I immediately turned off all Attraction options in the settings as soon as I fired up my save

- as soon as the Welcome Wagon showed up, I used UI Cheats Extension to bump up all of their relationship values so sex would be easier

I was able to get through the entire gathering, and had sex with each one of them without a crash. Whereas before, when Attraction was enabled, i was crashing very quickly when I used the dialogue options.

I could have kept going but since my hunch worked out, but I wanted to report here quickly in the hopes that @TURBODRIVER is monitoring this. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it has something to do with the Attraction system. Try disabling those settings under the Relationship category and see how that works out for you.

27 minutes ago, BatDood said:

I'm starting to narrow down the issue (at least for me). I've been able to play without a crash after I did the following:

- on the hunch that I was having issues with the Attraction system, I immediately turned off all Attraction options in the settings as soon as I fired up my save

- as soon as the Welcome Wagon showed up, I used UI Cheats Extension to bump up all of their relationship values so sex would be easier

I was able to get through the entire gathering, and had sex with each one of them without a crash. Whereas before, when Attraction was enabled, i was crashing very quickly when I used the dialogue options.

I could have kept going but since my hunch worked out, but I wanted to report here quickly in the hopes that @TURBODRIVER is monitoring this. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it has something to do with the Attraction system. Try disabling those settings under the Relationship category and see how that works out for you.

so far with the attractive stuff off it working fine, hope it stay that way, ill report back with anything new

36 minutes ago, BatDood said:

well it lasted about 15 mins that time. still crashed though

Don't know if I'm talking prematurely, BUT...

I went through and tried to redownload. I deleted literally EVERY software related to Wicked in every folder (even if it wasn't in the mods folder). Then put it back into mods. But usually when I extract into mods, it creates a "Wicked" folder within Mods, and it's only one folder deep which should be fine. I took the script and the tuning and put them in the first level of mods (alongside the animations and "readme" files), and removed any subfolder within Mods and my game has been running for a little over an hour now. I'm cautiously optimistic...

But I'm curious to the others having issues: is your mod extracted into any subfolder within "Mods"? or is it at the top level? Did changing this fix anything for you all?

4 minutes ago, OhFaceCap said:

I went through and tried to redownload. I deleted literally EVERY software related to Wicked in every folder (even if it wasn't in the mods folder). Then put it back into mods. But usually when I extract into mods, it creates a "Wicked" folder within Mods, and it's only one folder deep which should be fine. I took the script and the tuning and put them in the first level of mods (alongside the animations and "readme" files), and removed any subfolder within Mods and my game has been running for a little over an hour now. I'm cautiously optimistic...

But I'm curious to the others having issues: is your mod extracted into any subfolder within "Mods"? or is it at the top level? Did changing this fix anything for you all?

i have already tried that unfortunatly, and still same results. i have done everything except reinstall windows lol. im at the conclusion it is something with the sims update. they way its crashing seems like its graphical or memory related, but as i said ive played this game for awhile and i have a very strong pc, never did i have any issues untill todays patch

8 minutes ago, OhFaceCap said:

I always have WW in the Mods folder directly. No sub-folders. The only WW sub-folder I have is for any custom settings that I make.

I've been playing for about 45 minutes now with not a single crash. But I have anything related to Relationships and Attraction turned off. Not a single issue for me.

21 minutes ago, Standarsh said:

so far with the attractive stuff off it working fine, hope it stay that way, ill report back with anything new

Turn off the Relationship stuff as well and see if that helps. I've been going pretty well with both turned off. At this point, I don't know if it's directly related to Relationship Settings or Attraction settings. I have both turned off.

I also updated, and mine also was crashing back to desktop.  I was looking at my mods folder for any duplicates, or the possible mod conflicts listed above, and when I backed out into the documents folder, I noticed a copy of the update folder in documents.  It shouldn't have had any effect on the game being it was outside the game folder, but after deleting it, I have been running smoothly, without a crash so far.  Just thought I'd come in and give a heads up, just in case windows did the same to anyone else.

Well, I can 100% confirm that I found the source of the problem (for me). I even grew the balls to reinstall my entire mods folder that I had backed up and went back to my main save. I turned off everything to do with Relationships and Attraction and have no issues to report. I can't pinpoint if it's one or the other because I didn't test it that deeply. I was just happy to see my Sims doing each other again without crashing to my desktop. If it needs to be noted, I do still have WW pregnancies activated.

It's unfortunate because those settings add so much to the gameplay and now WW seems kind of shallow without them. The funny thing is that I just started playing with the Attraction system turned on recently and now I miss it.