Attractiveness (and a fistful of other questions)

First off, let me preface this by saying thanks in advance for your patience. No doubt this will be kind of lengthy to get through.

To start; I've decided to change up my Wicked Whims game a bit (when I say a bit...I mean a LOT). Just today I decided to play with the WW settings at their Default values. When I first installed WW I don't know how long ago, I was basically a kid in a candy store and the settings that I had (and still currently used up until today) were extremely open. Anything goes kind of thing. I had the Attractiveness settings completely turned off because the settings were a little over my head. I have a lot more experience with the mod now but the Attractiveness function is still pretty new to me.

1) I have a Master file that I use to start up any new playthroughs with. It's currently populated with over 200 Sims that I created myself (yeah, too many hours of CAS on my hands). These Sims have never had Attractiveness values ever generated for them. I have the settings set to Moderate at the moment. Will they be automatically generated for them or is there something that I have to do first? I was under the initial impression that random values were only generated for new Sims but I'm probably mistaken about that. One thing that I've noticed so far is there is very little variance in the Archetypes that I've been seeing so far.

2) I've noticed something weird when I ask Sims about their preferences. For instance: when I ask one particular Sim about her preference she'll say she likes Brown Hair. But when I follow up to find more information about other preferences, she'll then say she likes Blond hair. Does that mean that she likes both or is there something wacky going on in my game? Or is she just being fickle?

3) I had Sims saying that they like a Bohemian clothing style. Fair enough. In regards to clothing style, I'm assuming that CC clothing is a consideration if it's been properly flagged?

4) Auto-condoms. I'm finding sometimes it works. Sometimes it won't. It's more noticeable when my Sim has jumped from one session to another in the same zone. When I first changed my settings, I had my Sim immediately buy 3 boxes, (back to kid in a candy store mode). When I opened up the boxes, I noticed that there were various colours. Are there any differences between them? Is that something that's making a difference in the Auto-condom use?

One thing that I will say that I've been pleasantly surprised by is what I call "Contextual Undressing". What I mean by that is say for example I have a couple of Sims out for a date at a restaurant and they decide to duck out to the washroom for a quick BJ. Before today, my settings were set up so that both Sims would fully underdress. Now, only the Sim getting head takes off their pants while the other Sim stays fully dressed. Gotta admit; it added a new level of sexy to my game and I didn't realize it was a thing.

Anyway, any insight would be appreciated and thanks for your time.

Archetypes are not part of Attractiveness so I will ignore that for now, especially since that part of WickedWhims needs an overhaul.

On 8/22/2020 at 8:34 PM, BatDood said:

1) I have a Master file that I use to start up any new playthroughs with. It's currently populated with over 200 Sims that I created myself (yeah, too many hours of CAS on my hands). These Sims have never had Attractiveness values ever generated for them. I have the settings set to Moderate at the moment. Will they be automatically generated for them or is there something that I have to do first? I was under the initial impression that random values were only generated for new Sims but I'm probably mistaken about that. One thing that I've noticed so far is there is very little variance in the Archetypes that I've been seeing so far.

Any Sim that's detected to not have Attractiveness Preferences generated will have them generated, otherwise you can generate it all simply by using the Generate option on any Sim and choose to select All Sims.

2) I've noticed something weird when I ask Sims about their preferences. For instance: when I ask one particular Sim about her preference she'll say she likes Brown Hair. But when I follow up to find more information about other preferences, she'll then say she likes Blond hair. Does that mean that she likes both or is there something wacky going on in my game? Or is she just being fickle?

Sims can like as many things as they want to, although it's better to have more specific likes than being very general and broad. They like both brown and blonde hair, simple as that. What you should extract from it is that the Sim asking probably didn't have either brown or blonde hair which is an indicator for a potential change, if you care for it, and you got multiple options to choose from.

3) I had Sims saying that they like a Bohemian clothing style. Fair enough. In regards to clothing style, I'm assuming that CC clothing is a consideration if it's been properly flagged?

Everything is included, CC or not. Certain CC could be incorrectly tagged, which is a bummer, but it is something you can fix if you want to put extra effort into it.

4) Auto-condoms. I'm finding sometimes it works. Sometimes it won't. It's more noticeable when my Sim has jumped from one session to another in the same zone. When I first changed my settings, I had my Sim immediately buy 3 boxes, (back to kid in a candy store mode). When I opened up the boxes, I noticed that there were various colours. Are there any differences between them? Is that something that's making a difference in the Auto-condom use?

That's not Attractiveness, you tricked me. Colors are just for fun. Unless you're asking if the colors matter for Attractiveness? They technically do count, but in that particular situation it doesn't make a difference.

@TURBODRIVER Many thanks for your response. That clears up a lot.

When I threw the bit in about auto-condoms, I probably wasn't clear but I wasn't asking specifically in regard to the Attractiveness system. It was an after-thought that I was hoping to get clarification on it. But it turns out I wasn't clear. I have the settings in place so that condoms are always automatically used by every Sim in my world. But I noticed that sometimes they won't be. I've been playing the game quite a bit with these new settings and the hypothesis that I came to is that some of the Sims in my world are incapable of having children (set up through CAS - I just don't want certain Sims to breed). I'm assuming that makes a difference and Sims are aware of this.

Anyway, there's no need to take up more of your time on that. You've certainly been helpful and detailed enough. Thanks again. These new settings have added so much more depth to my gameplay and I can't believe I've played without a lot of them up until now. My appreciation for your hard work grew tenfold.

On 8/22/2020 at 1:34 PM, BatDood said:

I could be totally off base here, but your question suggests you haven’t gone into the attractiveness settings for a specific Sim. There are multiple categories to change. Each aspect has a “like” menu on the left and a “dislike” menu on the right. On the hair color section, eg, it has color swatches on the left and the same swatches on the right. You can select as many colors to “like” as you want, but your Sim cannot like and dislike a specific hair color at the same time. So a Sim could like both brown and blond hair color no problem. They could like every hair color if you select them all. If you know all this, apologies.

I started playing Sims 4 in June, with WickedWhims from the beginning. I saw the WW option on my menus and thought WW was just for sex. I discovered the attractiveness settings early on and thought they were part of the base game! Attractiveness was central to my game play from day 1. About a month in I had some crash issues from mccc so I started a game with no mods and my attractiveness disappeared. That’s when I realized it was part of WW. I immediately stopped and put WW back (but not mccc, because it’s buggy). I can’t play this game without attractiveness. The sex is great, but attractiveness is the feature from WW that most enhances my game play. There are also cheats so you can make a certain percentage of male or female Sims gay, bi, or straight. I use this all the time to make all the guys gay in one swoop.

12 hours ago, BradBones said:

I could be totally off base here, but your question suggests you haven’t gone into the attractiveness settings for a specific Sim. There are multiple categories to change. Each aspect has a “like” menu on the left and a “dislike” menu on the right. On the hair color section, eg, it has color swatches on the left and the same swatches on the right. You can select as many colors to “like” as you want, but your Sim cannot like and dislike a specific hair color at the same time. So a Sim could like both brown and blond hair color no problem. They could like every hair color if you select them all. If you know all this, apologies.

I started playing Sims 4 in June, with WickedWhims from the beginning. I saw the WW option on my menus and thought WW was just for sex. I discovered the attractiveness settings early on and thought they were part of the base game! Attractiveness was central to my game play from day 1. About a month in I had some crash issues from mccc so I started a game with no mods and my attractiveness disappeared. That’s when I realized it was part of WW. I immediately stopped and put WW back (but not mccc, because it’s buggy). I can’t play this game without attractiveness. The sex is great, but attractiveness is the feature from WW that most enhances my game play. There are also cheats so you can make a certain percentage of male or female Sims gay, bi, or straight. I use this all the time to make all the guys gay in one swoop.

Thanks for clarifying further. I've had this mod in my game for quite some time now but when I first installed it, I immediately started changing some settings right away. Turning off the Attractiveness settings was something I did because I initially didn't want to impact the Vanilla social mechanics. I had also turned off the Pregnancy settings. The old hippy in me wanted free love for all. ;)

For a change, I decided to go all out and start playing the game with WW settings at Default values. I changed a couple of very minor things but for the most part, my settings are very default and I've spent some time playing the game with these settings since I posted this. Yes, when I first posted this, I didn't have any experience with the Attractiveness system and I hadn't really dug into the settings themselves because I wanted Wicked Whims to just take me on this random journey of discovery. Kind of like playing this game with a fresh perspective. I have to say, It's been a fun journey too. This mod adds a lot more than I was giving it, and Turbodriver, credit for. Initially I was confused about how a Sim could be attracted to more than one hair colour but I dug into the settings deeper.

I've since realized that Sims can like a variety of different things such as multiple hairstyles and colours, etc. In fact, the multitude of things were pretty fascinating to discover.

8 hours ago, BatDood said:

I have to say, It's been a fun journey too. This mod adds a lot more than I was giving it, and Turbodriver, credit for. Initially I was confused about how a Sim could be attracted to more than one hair colour but I dug into the settings deeper.

The mod is deep in features for sure. One of my favorites is the attractiveness alerts that tell me who my Sim is into. Although it was quite odd, the last time one of my household members died, I had like 4 attractiveness alerts go off because all my Sims were into the Grim Reaper. Haha. Freud would have a field day with that one.