AAF Working! My character body turns into a mashup.

I consider myself to be quite tech savvy. As such much of my enjoyment with FallOut 4 comes from adding mods. I may currently have 220 loaded, but as I know nothing about how to change the load order, or perhaps I do using rules - but no way I'm editing mod rules. I've found that I can install a mod, thinking it is doing something when it's not. Or it causes distortions, conflicts leading to CTD, brown face, and more.

One of the mods I found here, AAF - Advanced Animation Framework is very appreciated. But it took me a month or two to finally figure out what I can and cannot have active for the various parts to work. Currently the sex themes are working perfectly except...

My player is using the "Dirty Player Body v1.5 (real) - FemaleBodyDirty. My companion is using BaseHumanFemale. I have edited both ***_d.dds files using Paint Shop Pro 2019 - I find it very easy to use that prog.

Under Textures/Actor/Character there is a Base Human Female folder and a Player Human Female. Within each are both the normal female dds and the dirty female dds.

My problem is that my female character looks great (I think you'll see in the pics attached) until she has sex. The NPC/companion for instance remains normal, however my character becomes distorted/morphed into a miasma of two textures.

Initially when I began editing the DDS files, the D ones, I didn't realize that some were 8192 pixels, and other 4096. Other support files are even smaller. At present I have eliminated most non-CBBE mods, adjusted the dirty female in both folders to 4096, which I believe is the default. To no avail. The distortion looks exactly like a larger texture is merging with a smaller one. In the pics you see the bands of brown, the scars in the wrong place and I had added a tattoo to her lower back that is off to the side.

I have searched for other dirty female textures and found none.

My question is what is the default sizes for Female body dirty and Base human female? What may be causing the distortion - oh and her breasts change and they lack a nice shape and nipples.

A000 ScreenShot434-2.jpg

A00 ScreenShot482-2.jpg

A1 ScreenShot1 - 463-1.jpg

A2 ScreenShot2-2442-1.jpg

A3 ScreenShot3 - 348-1.jpg

A5 ScreenShot5 - 447-1.jpg

A6 ScreenShot6 - 235-1.jpg

A6 ScreenShot435.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I figured this problem out, so Thx for all the "support", lol. It turned out it appears it doesn't play well with the "Dirty Player" mod. I'm sure there's more to it but here's how I set about trouble-shooting the problem. Under Data\Textures\Actors\Characters there are two female folders: 1) BaseHumanFemale and 2) PlayerHumanFemale. Within each folder is a FemaleBody_d and a FemaleBodyDirty_d. I opened each in PSP and numered them in a place easy to see when using AAF for sex. Much to my surprise my "dirty (scarred and bandaged) female used the FemaleBody_d from the PlayerHumanFemale folder. There was nothing wrong with the texture. It should have worked. I removed all clothing from inventory for my character to verify it wasn't something she was wearing. Then, inadvertently, not sure what I did to switch my dirty character  off, but I did, and she came clean, no scars or bandages. I found that this switched the texture to FemaleBody_d from the BaseHumanFemale folder. As there was nothing sinister about either texture, it appears obvious it was the Dirty Player mod that caused the problem. Sad, because I rather liked the Dirty Character with her scars and bandage.

I should mention I had a hell of a time getting the animations to work... as either the screen would go dark and nothing would happen or I would end up inside my characters, which may have only meant I needed to pull back using the S key. But for the sake of helping others getting the thing working period these are the mods I am using and everything works:

AAF Creature Patch

AAF Morning Sex with Lover

AAF Vanilla/Kinky/Creature Sex

AAF SEU_v1.03

AAF Violate

AAF Beta 133

AAF Sex animation themes

Atomic Lust

Cum overlays

Custom moans

Erection fix by Silverperv v621

HoTC lite AAF patch v1.0.7

Mutated lust v1.3

Patch for animations (squirt/cum...) v7.0

Savage Cabbages v1.2.3

Sex attributes v2.4.3

SSEX

Torture devices v1.9

v10 Sex affiches and nude

And of course CBBC along with all my other mods; of note, Dirty Player is still enabled but as I still don't know enough about setting load orders not all of the above are likely working. But the sex is great and with lesbian sex.

Note Patch to bang them all, AAF XML's and such are not enabled as they caused problems. Personally I can't believe I finally got it working realistically. Only thing that doesn't work is dialogue when beginning sex animation but the moaning works :)

• 2 months later...

Howdy... I resolved the issue that caused one of several issues and to post this, for anyone interested. As might be expected any issues were related to a mod or mods. Trouble-shooting the mods causing the problem is, unfortunately, trial and error - and tedious. Referring to to the first image above, this was particularly tedious to resolve, it having to do with incompatible textures. As I have so many texture mods, I did end up disabling many of them. Yes, I had to suffer through character traits I had carefully created, faces, hair and hair color, etc... and yes I lost that character and had to create a new one. [It is discouraging to lose a favorite look, but I have found sometimes I end up with an even better looking model]. Although I never really did figure out "exactly" which mods were causing the problem, I did rather narrow it down to  mostly HD (high def), 2k or 4k, though considering I have a fairly robust desktop computer this was a surprise. I did feel I narrowed it down to certain character mode skins. I started the tedious process by disabling all the character/skin/model mods. I feel strongly it was the mod itself but that it was a compatibility issue.

A second issue with the animation mods, AAF, were they could squash the two or three copulating persons together. Again, I began by disabling mods except maybe the basic AAF, and a theme mod or two. Run the game, the sex animation, and if good, build from there, adding another two or three mods. Eventually I discovered suspect mods and left them disabled. Just recently I discovered that it is possible to mistake a problem by being too close to the character too - so withdraw a bit first to be more distant from the action.

Nothing is still perfect in that some of the mods don't cause a problem, but then simply don't function. This is an "oh well, shucks" thing. I am fortunately satisfied as long as most of the functions work. And although I suppose it should be obvious, some mods require setup selection... require other mods for certain functions and those other mods may cause problems. Or the selections one chooses could case a problem - uses the "Minute men" for example was a problem for me. So I don't choose it. Yes, I could struggle through the whole process until I get it to work, but for me it wasn't worth it.

It can be fun for an amateur like me to successfully install 150 mods with most of them happy working together. But truth be told, as I'm not even close to being an expert, even if not a beginner, I've learned to be happy with with a game with 150 mods, that doesn't crash or freeze and that performs pretty much in every way I want it to.

I can even change using graphics software, some of the textures, like you will find in the images above showing the "Dirty Player" with the wounds... I didn't like the band-aids over the wounds and changed them to gauze pads. The thing I like very much about games like F04 is the potential fun playing and modifying the game. I use Body-Slide a lot, btw.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 12:19 PM, Deathlander said:

Again, I began by disabling mods except maybe the basic AAF, and a theme mod or two. Run the game, the sex animation, and if good, build from there, adding another two or three mods. Eventually I discovered suspect mods and left them disabled.

Thank you for following up to share your solutions.

What you describe in this quote is the recommended approach to modding. It's tempting to just go on a shopping spree and add everything you read about and like the sound of in one sitting. But, untangling that is, as you learned, tedious.

It's better to add a little at a time and play the game some to verify that a recently added mod hasn't broken something.