[REQUEST] Help converting Dibella Sanctum mod to SSE?

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me convert this mod to Skyrim Special Edition? I already tried running the assets through the cathedral assets optimizer and resaving the esp in the Creation Kit, but when I enter the Inner Sanctum of the Temple of Dibella the npcs outfits don't update like they're supposed to. Would really appreciate any help with this, thanks! ^_^

Running it through CAO would be the only thing you need to convert the assets. The plugin is somewhat voodoo territory, I'd say it will make no difference. But if you take a look at the comments/bug reports you'll see there are some people saying the NPCs aren't wearing these outfits in game. So it seems like an issue in the original mod, perhaps if you force NPCs to re-equip their items or start a new game you'll see the changes.

26 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Running it through CAO would be the only thing you need to convert the assets. The plugin is somewhat voodoo territory, I'd say it will make no difference. But if you take a look at the comments/bug reports you'll see there are some people saying the NPCs aren't wearing these outfits in game. So it seems like an issue in the original mod, perhaps if you force NPCs to re-equip their items or start a new game you'll see the changes.

Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately neither a new game nor the resetinventory command seemed to change the outfits of the NPCs, do you think a conflict with another mod could be causing the issue? 

23 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Do you see the modded outfits if you open the npcs inventory? it might be that they prefer to wear the vanilla outfit and the modded one stays in the inventory. If that's the case you could remove the vanilla items and see if they equip the modded outfits.

The modded outfits do not show up in the npcs inventory when I checked.

Some good news though, I tried a new game with all other mods disabled and the npcs outfits were updated! Now I need to find the mod causing the conflict. I'm not really experienced with this so any advice would be very appreciated :D

You could launch xEdit with your entire loadorder and expand DibellaSanctum.esp to check the NPCs records. In the right panel you'll see if another mod is editing the same NPC, it will appear as another column and you can compare the changes. As an example I went into a plugin from the Bijin replacer, if I expand it to check NPCs and select any NPC from the list, the info will be loaded in the right panel. There you see this NPC is edited by Skyrim, Update, the Unofficial patch, Bijin UCMT and TUS. In your case, you should focus in any mod that edit that NPC inventory after DibellaSanctum.esp. 

3255511.png.103ff136c2ad010670972bf9c79e9549.png

I'm sure there must be a better way to do this, but it's been a while since I had to use xEdit for anything more than a quick check or edit. And once you identify that mod you'll need to do something to fix that (you can manually move DibellaSactum.esp below that mod in your loadorder or you could create a patch to forward the changes from both mods while keeping the outfits from DibellaSanctum, etc.).

xEdit said that MarkathTempleInnerSanctum was being modified by Skyrim Project Optimization, Enhanced Lights and FX, Book Covers Skyrim, Darker Interior Ambient Fog, Morrowloot Ultimate, and Sounds of Skyrim. After moving the mod below these in my load order, everything is working perfectly. Not sure why any of these mods could have caused a conflict, but really glad it's working now.

Thank you so much for your help!