[Request] Tried and tested visual setup for perofmance

Im looking to steal a visual setup designed for performance.

For longest time i used full RealVision setup (ELFX-COT-True Storms) with SMIM, but after incorporating Genesis my old i5/970 doesnt seem to be able to keep consistent FPS over 45. And FPS drops can be utterely infuriating, so while i love the look, its time for that setup to go. Alot of people here mentioned playing on old systems/laptops, so i assume that quite a bit of effort was allready put into making Skyrim look nice in an optimized way, 

If you are fellow poptato player and built something that looks nice and yet runs smoothly - i would love to steal your setup.

PS - if iam an idiot stuck in the past, and by now ENBs like RV are a thing of the past and people use something else entirely, like SKGE - by any means, do tell.

On 8/5/2020 at 5:57 PM, unpronounceable said:

For me, these ENB tweaks helped a lot with performance.

Reveal hidden contents

Also if you haven't already, try running DynDOLOD on low.

This one helped a great deal. Thanks.

I'm assuming a 1080p resolution. The lowest setup I've ever run is a RX460 4GB and i5-2400, together with 8GB of DDR3 memory. I was getting about 50fps minimum, though outdoors in some areas it would drop quite heavily depending on lighting. My ENB of choice was the old rusty and trusty Truevision, with Skyrim itself set to Ultra shadows. 

In terms of mods, I did use the optimised texture pack and kept my NPC body/face textures sensible (1k normals, 512 face normals and 256 hand normals with 2k body and 1k face tex). Used Ordenador to push all SFO textures down to 512px and generate mipmaps for all textures. Using maxed out SMIM with half-size textures included in the pack, then push them down as far as possible, sometimes even 256px for vegetables and the like. 

If you have small, high quality textures the PC will perform better than vanilla - which is Vram-hogging, poor quality textures.

7 hours ago, Pauduan said:

I'm assuming a 1080p resolution. The lowest setup I've ever run is a RX460 4GB and i5-2400, together with 8GB of DDR3 memory. I was getting about 50fps minimum, though outdoors in some areas it would drop quite heavily depending on lighting. My ENB of choice was the old rusty and trusty Truevision, with Skyrim itself set to Ultra shadows. 

In terms of mods, I did use the optimised texture pack and kept my NPC body/face textures sensible (1k normals, 512 face normals and 256 hand normals with 2k body and 1k face tex). Used Ordenador to push all SFO textures down to 512px and generate mipmaps for all textures. Using maxed out SMIM with half-size textures included in the pack, then push them down as far as possible, sometimes even 256px for vegetables and the like. 

If you have small, high quality textures the PC will perform better than vanilla - which is Vram-hogging, poor quality textures.

Thanks. Havent tried optimizing textures, althou i probably should've given what FO4 had for vanilla textures. For now ive solved my performance quesiton by switching to ELFX to ELE and adding some ENB tweaks, but ill keep texture option in mind.