Some of the ingame dogs are invisible, and i'm a complete novice at using mods so i depend on modorganizer and what i can guess and use from the guides on this page to mod the game.

I am running pretty basic mods, and i'm unsure how to fix this. I tried moving the mod that has an error (MoreNastyCritters as shown in the MO2 notifications screenshot) down on the loadorder which caused me to crash when approaching the still invisible dog.

Loadorder and ingame screenshot of the issue attached.

I would really appreciate any help, thanks in advance.

ingame.png

loadorder.PNG

MO2warning.PNG

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys, I was having the same problem. You need Hentai Creatures installed as it provides the textures for the German shepherd. I saw tutorials saying to install it but not activate it if you didn't want it's features cause you needed the textures, but if you don't activate it in Vortex ( I don't use Mod Organizer )then the textures won't be available. Hope this helps you.

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 7:55 PM, celticviolin said:

Hey guys, I was having the same problem. You need Hentai Creatures installed as it provides the textures for the German shepherd. I saw tutorials saying to install it but not activate it if you didn't want it's features cause you needed the textures, but if you don't activate it in Vortex ( I don't use Mod Organizer )then the textures won't be available. Hope this helps you.

when you say hentai creatures, do you mean "more nasty critters special edition 12.5"? because HC seems to only exist in LE, not SSE

4 hours ago, godwhatamIdoingwithmylife said:

when you say hentai creatures, do you mean "more nasty critters special edition 12.5"? because HC seems to only exist in LE, not SSE

Celticviolin is referring to HentaiCreatures MNC (v12SE2 unless it's been updated recently), which does exist for SE

See the compatibility tracking thread under the main Skyrim SE page for a download link

Edited by anjenthedog
  • 8 months later...
On 5/5/2021 at 6:55 PM, celticviolin said:

Recently I realized that I had this problem, installing again Hentai Creatures solved my issue, your advice helped me thanks!

• 4 months later...

I do not know if this will solve invisible dogs, I've never had that.

But, for invisible horses this has always worked for me:

1) Turn off any dog mod in your mod manager.

2) Launch the game like normal. 

3) Load your latest save file.  You will get a message listing any mods you turned off.  That's fine, it is not a problem.

4) Exit the game once all the mods finish loading.  You do not need to do anything, just let the mods load and then exit without saving the game. 

In summary: Just load the game, do nothing for a few moments, and exit. 

5) Turn your dog related mods back on and load the game like normal. 

This may cause Skyrim to reapply the mod and "fix" the issue.  If this works then you will likely face this problem again because this is not a permanent fix.  It'll just correct the bug temporarily, probably until the next time you change your mod list or animation packages.

Hopefully it works, and if it does not at least it is quick.