How to give priority to acces?(problem Solved!)

hi guys. i'm going to arrange garter belt&penty acces in order.

show you guys some pictures for explain

1. current state is bra & corset + garter belt & stocking  and i'm going to dress up penty into garter belt 

acc1.png.9281d93a08193d31a6eed36fe393a8cf.png

2. first penty, failed!

as you can see, there's panties on the belt. 

acc2.png.25eccdd8510701d065cf6110d2b3cebe.png

3. another penty. success! but why this penty settled into garter belt?

acc3.png.9459135446a97c025383a99764ba5e38.png

and i struggled to know the reason this pink penty works into s3oc.

I think the decisive difference between a white panty and a pink panty is... that Red box above picture. 

but, i can't find this flag named "PrimaryCategories".

Does anyone knows why pink penty works? 

Does anyone know what is this flag "PrimaryCategories".

Just out of curiosity while waiting on someone with modding experience: Do you have the panties that remain on the outside 'flagged' as removable by KW (added to KW panty reference list)?

Also did you try to equip the panties first BEFORE the corset?

>>>>> concerning the post below - this is why an electrician or repairman always ask first thing - is it plugged in?

On 7/5/2020 at 9:14 AM, landess said:

Also did you try to equip the panties first BEFORE the corset?

Omg, you re correct! it was  a just simple problem.. 

It works well when i wear corset and  panty in different order.

Thanks you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2020 at 10:19 AM, lkb0714 said:

hi guys. i'm going to arrange garter belt&penty acces in order.

Sorry I missed this... Hey! Nice panties!!! ?

To explain what is happening... not "PrimaryCategories"... it's "overlay priority". TS3 does not have stocking suspenders, so there is no overlap of garment overlays as you have. EA also does not have panties accy... socks and stockings. 

Overlay priority is what goes over what, and it can become crowded as there are only 10 levels. To go over skin must be at least 3, but those are usually tattoos. So, next is 4... socks and stockings. At 5, you may show over some bottom clothes garments, but not many. You can change the overlay priority, but the order you add accys is probably the easiest way, as landess said. The corset could have been set to a 5, and that would fix the problem.

On 7/18/2020 at 7:32 PM, LadySmoks said:

Overlay priority is what goes over what, and it can become crowded as there are only 10 levels. To go over skin must be at least 3

2 things?

What are levels 1 and 2 for? 

10 levels would explain to me why when I get a bit crazy adding accessories it will CTD. I knew there was a limit to the amount, but without getting scientific thought the amount might have fluctuated some depending on location/stacking. I usually tried to stop at 8 since over that I began to CTD. With multiple make-up as well, wasn't sure if it might have contributed to these CTD's.

10 sounds right and now there is a reason behind effect. I may be wrong, but the evidence supports the conclusion. Max number of accessories worn is 10 (?) Perhaps I should say 'equipped in CAS' since with KW a female may grab panties and bra, yet returning to CAS these are never shown as they aren't "hard-coded" into the look/build of that particular Sim.

9 hours ago, landess said:

What are levels 1 and 2 for? 

I believe that 1 is the skin overlay, so it is the base that is below everything else. Not sure about 2. Also,on further checking, there ARE apparently fine tuning categories of sorts... An overlay can be 4.6, or 1.4. I would need to play with this more than I have in the past.

I don't know what the amount of overlays is allowed by EA (maximum). Simply that there are layers to be dealt with when making CC. As we have expanded TS3 well passed it's creators' intents in many areas, I'm sure limits have been reached, but I don't know what they are. The overlay priority is just the layer that particular item sits... like paint! 2 covers 1, 3 covers 2, 4 covers 3 etc. So if you have two that are number 4, it stands to reason that the one applied last will cover the one applied first.

Outfit dresses are 6 or 7, which cover standard accessory overlays. If someone made an accessory bra that was an 8, it would probably project on to the dress, even though many of my dresses have a mesh separate from the body mesh.

9 hours ago, landess said:

with KW a female may grab panties and bra, yet returning to CAS these are never shown

One of my greatest annoyances with KW!!! I removed all the KW bras and panties a long time ago, but since panties I make are registered so they come off during woohoo, KW adds them to outfits... or takes them off! But yes, I imagine what you say is correct. KW applied or removed accessories are script, not CAS.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

Outfit dresses are 6 or 7, which cover standard accessory overlays. If someone made an accessory bra that was an 8, it would probably project on to the dress, even though many of my dresses have a mesh separate from the body mesh.

This helps me see it 'in my mind'.

Have you ever crashed to desktop from adding too many accessories? If so, do you have an estimate of the number used before the CTD?

I've crashed many times, but not sure of the reasons. For me, one reason I know is that I may try to change something inside of a test package while the game is actually running. Sometimes it works! But usually, just crashes.

A picture is worth 1,000 words. This is not everything, as I don't work with everything and don't know EVERYTHING, but to give the general idea of overlay priority...

Untitled.png.c4e7a1e1b2a57cd7e1d606887c4d5034.png

So, if not for overlay priority, a sim would just be one mess of whatever images are projected on the mesh, like splashing paint on a house, with whatever was splashed on last being seen, and none of the other, unless the last splash simply does not cover that area.