Q: What's with the blocked off land?

Quick question, brand new player of the game. I only started last week because of the mods here.

Why are there areas of land that I cannot touch, access, use etc etc? I see screenshots of other people's games and they don't have this going on.

Other problems: After a few hours of playing, the portraits vanish and I can't do anything with the character, mainly my king.

polandmap.png

18 hours ago, Pfactor said:

Even when I had no mods those counties were still like that.

When you say that you had no mods - if you're saying that you turned off the mods - and your save game was still messed up like that - then that is to be expected. If mods broke it - then even turning them off is likely to leave your save game in that state.

To properly says it has the same behavior without the mods - you'd need to have no mods enabled and then start a brand new game.

36 minutes ago, dewguru said:

When you say that you had no mods - if you're saying that you turned off the mods - and your save game was still messed up like that - then that is to be expected. If mods broke it - then even turning them off is likely to leave your save game in that state.

To properly says it has the same behavior without the mods - you'd need to have no mods enabled and then start a brand new game.

When I say no mods, I meant it. That's what it looked like when I started up the vanilla game the first time.

EDIT: Okay I found the mod that's fucking things up, POLAND & THE BALTICS.. a steam mod.

but all my saved games are gone.

42 minutes ago, Pfactor said:

When I say no mods, I meant it. That's what it looked like when I started up the vanilla game the first time.

Well then, that's simple. You've a problem with your base game. I'd recommend doing an uninstall and then reinstalling it.

I'd also recommend that for issues where your base game is all jacked up, the Paradox forums may be a better spot to further troubleshoot things.

Edit: I just wanted to add that my mentioning the Paradox forums is sincere. They've got an active community who try to help folks troubleshoot problems, especially when individuals aren't using mods. To include the potential for having you make a save that could be uploaded for further troubleshooting. I've turned to the community there a couple times over the years.

3 hours ago, Spinofanatic said:

you can't do anything with that land because it doesn't belong to you. that's what those borders mean. poland kinda sucks because all the duchies in the kingdom are pretty much the same color so it can be at times hard to see whose land is whose.

I couldn't do anything to the land because it belonged to no one. And these places were ALL OVER THE ENTIRE MAP.

• 1 year later...
On 6/17/2020 at 12:52 AM, nutsmcgee said:

oh yeah sounds like your game's broken then. i've never seen anything like that

I have. When I was making mods for AGOT for personal use, I sometimes had conflicting mods that used the same province numbers. For some reason, that scrubbed the province history and turned them into wasteland provinces. It was very annoying bug finding exactly what was conflicting there. I ended up scrapping the mods I had downloaded and just making my own mod from scratch, just to get away from it.