How to find the shader hash and Texture Resource name ?

If you haven't already, make sure you have hunting enabled in your d3dx.ini (make sure it says ''hunting=2''):

[Hunting]

; 0: Release mode is with shader hunting disabled, optimized for speed.
; 1: Hunting mode enabled
; 2: Hunting mode "soft disabled" - can be turned on via the toggle_hunting key
hunting=2

Next you can start the game (or hit F10 to reload 3dmigoto) and press numpad0 to activate hunting mode (green text appears).

Press ctrl+F8 until you see Frame Analysis Profile:UI in the lower left corner.

Now you can hit F8 and all UI textures on the screen will be dumped in a frame analysis folder. The contents should look something like this:

Spoiler

ui.png.1729c3e74bf87047447281b7bb6f88f9.png

I have tried to make an english patch before, but haven't been able to achieve much because of limitations in how 3dmigoto handles shader hashes. As you can see in my frame analysis folder, many buttons that are similar share the same hash. This means if you replace one button, other buttons will also be replaced.

Before DOAXVV was released on Steam, 3dmigoto's author expressed interest in changing the way 3dmigoto handles shader hashes which may have solved this issue. However, since the game now has an official english release, I believe this interest has faded.

1 hour ago, IceTree5 said:

If you haven't already, make sure you have hunting enabled in your d3dx.ini (make sure it says ''hunting=2''):

[Hunting]

; 0: Release mode is with shader hunting disabled, optimized for speed.
; 1: Hunting mode enabled
; 2: Hunting mode "soft disabled" - can be turned on via the toggle_hunting key
hunting=2

Next you can start the game (or hit F10 to reload 3dmigoto) and press numpad0 to activate hunting mode (green text appears).

Press ctrl+F8 until you see Frame Analysis Profile:UI in the lower left corner.

Now you can hit F8 and all UI textures on the screen will be dumped in a frame analysis folder. The contents should look something like this:

Reveal hidden contents

I have tried to make an english patch before, but haven't been able to achieve much because of limitations in how 3dmigoto handles shader hashes. As you can see in my frame analysis folder, many buttons that are similar share the same hash. This means if you replace one button, other buttons will also be replaced.

Before DOAXVV was released on Steam, 3dmigoto's author expressed interest in changing the way 3dmigoto handles shader hashes which may have solved this issue. However, since the game now has an official english release, I believe this interest has faded.

But I have one more question. There is a lot of texture sharing one hash key. How to spectify each texture ?

39 minutes ago, IceTree5 said:

That's exactly the problem. If multiple textures share the same hash, you can't specify which one you want to replace. The english patch I made only replaces textures that have a unique hash.

Heh, I actually attempted to translate/revamp ui just yesterday and run into the same issue. So there are no ways to get around that..

2 hours ago, IceTree5 said:

That's exactly the problem. If multiple textures share the same hash, you can't specify which one you want to replace. The english patch I made only replaces textures that have a unique hash.

But I can see in your files, it has "match_first_index" things that spectify the buttons.

Ah yes you're right. It's been a while since I've done this. You can add the green lines to your d3dx.ini which will dump txt files for each texture (######-ib=......txt):

[CommandListHUD]
if $dump_ui
    dump = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes ps-t0 mono dds
    analyse_options = deferred_ctx_accurate share_dupes dump_vb txt buf
    dump = deferred_ctx_accurate ps-t0 txt buf

endif
if !$hud_visible
    handling = skip
endif

These text files will tell you the first index number. This info gives a little bit more control but still not enough. They are also not consistent across different screens and can change with game updates.

3 hours ago, IceTree5 said:

Ah yes you're right. It's been a while since I've done this. You can add the green lines to your d3dx.ini which will dump txt files for each texture (######-ib=......txt):

[CommandListHUD]
if $dump_ui

endif
if !$hud_visible
    handling = skip
endif

These text files will tell you the first index number. This info gives a little bit more control but still not enough. They are also not consistent across different screens and can change with game updates.

Uhm ... I tried it but in the dump folder, it's doesn't have the button textures. Only some weird costume textures.

3 hours ago, IceTree5 said:

[CommandListHUD]
if $dump_ui

endif
if !$hud_visible
    handling = skip
endif

The file is [commandlistclothes], not [commandlistHUD].

• 1 year later...
On 2020/5/25 at AM7点34分, IceTree5 said:

如果您还没有,请确保您在 d3dx.ini 中启用了狩猎(确保它显示“hunting=2”):

接下来您可以开始游戏(或按 F10 重新加载 3dmigoto)并按 numpad0 激活狩猎模式(出现绿色文本)。

按 ctrl+F8 直到您在左下角看到 Frame Analysis Profile:UI。

现在您可以按 F8,屏幕上的所有 UI 纹理都将转储到帧分析文件夹中。内容应如下所示:

隐藏内容

我之前曾尝试制作英文补丁,但由于 3dmigoto 处理着色器哈希的方式存在限制,因此未能取得太大成果。正如您在我的帧分析文件夹中看到的,许多相似的按钮共享相同的哈希值。这意味着如果您更换一个按钮,其他按钮也将被更换。

在 DOAXVV 在 Steam 上发布之前,3dmigoto 的作者表示有兴趣改变 3dmigoto 处理着色器哈希的方式,这可能已经解决了这个问题。然而,由于游戏现在有官方的英文版本,我相信这种兴趣已经消退了。

Please give me DDS thumb viewer~:)