Help with editing beard meshes with Outfit Studio

I'm on a quest to get smaller moustaches to use in character creation (regular old Skyrim, not special edition), some quick sketches on what I want here (especially hoping to get at least the one in the top left corner). I've tried editing vanilla meshes in Blender and fiddling with Nifskope, failed very hard at it because I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to the import/export stuff (using the nif plugins for the newest blender version, it doesn't seem to export the bones correctly or something?). Downloaded Outfit Studio to see if it'd be easier, but I'm still not making much progress.

I took a vanilla beard/moustache mesh (humanbeardmedium08.nif) and made some quick edits to it in Outfit Studio just as a test, exported it as a .nif file and placed that in the correct meshes subfolder in an attempt to quickly test it in-game. Doesn't work, comes up as the regular unedited vanilla mesh. Is it because of the .tri files or something?

I'm fairly sure I'm either missing some crucial steps or just being stupid in general. If anyone knows how to edit a vanilla beard mesh and make it work in-game for player characters (adding them as non-replacer versions should be fairly simple through creation kit, right?), please let me know! I'd be so very grateful for any and all help regarding this. I simply want my vampire bard to have a dumb tiny moustache... didn't think it would turn out to be this hard.

If someone already knows of a mod that adds decent small moustaches or is inspired to do one, that'd work for me too. In the latter case, I'd be willing to offer some compensation in either the form of an art trade (my 2d drawing for your modeling/modding work) or maybe even real money? If offering money isn't allowed, please disregard that (I read the guidelines but there was only a part about not asking for money for mods so I'm not sure if offering is allowed).

• 2 weeks later...

well the access to the imgur is denied but it should be simple to edit meshes  in outfit studio . basically import the hair and head mesh of the gender you want then youl have to move the mesh that is at the bottom up to line up with the mesh on top. then you edit the mesh you wnt to to be not shwing. you delete the head mesh from the file then save the mesh then open bodyslide and create the mesh you made it will be in the armor folder in meshes but from there you just need to make  a new hair/beard in the ck and choose the race you want it to be availible for and then save and done.