Can you eneable and disable WW?

It should be possible just by taking it (and any other mods that are dependent on it) out of the mods folder. I have no idea what it would do to your characters and town to keep having it go in and out like that, though.

You can only disable mods in general. Go into the game's settings and uncheck "script mods", if you only want to remove mods like WW or MC Command Center, or "custom content and mods", if you want to reset the game to its vanilla state (both require a game restart).

If you want to have all your mods in-game and just "disable" WW, the easiest way (and the only one not using any tricks) to do that is to remove it from your Mods folder and add it back in again, when you want to play with WW's features active. However, I think you'll lose your WW settings, once you save the game without WW installed, so create a new save for playing without WW and maybe backup your "WW-enabled" save to another location on your hard drive.

Now, what do I mean by "using tricks"? A while ago, I had both the German and English version of TS4 installed for some time and therefore I can confirm that they use two different folders within "Documents/Electronic Arts" (same for Legacy Edition versus "regular" TS4, btw). Maybe you can exploit this behavior, as both versions also will have their own Mods folder and not even know about each other (so saved games etc remain untouched). Bear in mind, though, that add-ons from Discover University onward will not work with Legacy.