REQUEST: using Gimp dds plugin for multiple hair color change

rhtnwjrdla2

Could someone be able to mix hair colors for me? I tried and tried, but there is no way that I will be able to do this, I am very new with these stuff. 

What I like to get is the Morten hair number 7 mixed with bright pink(hot pink0 and bright blue.

If anyone is willing to, I will link the download for morten hairs.

Does the files have just nif and texture files or do they have nif and tri files? If it has tri files I'm not sure how to mess with them I think you need certain things to work with them I'm not sure.

it does not contain tri files. has only mesh and textures. 

do you think you could possibly do it for me plz?

password is merryxsmas

The .dds files are not tri files but the nif files have tri files in the hair folders they also don't seem to want to render in nifskope even when placing one set in a different area. Nifskope has trouble rendering things if there are multiple files like hair mods eyes and so forth but throwing 1 nif from each folder into nifskope I was able to find the one that you are looking for the hairs name is called butterflysims060 and the files name in texture folder is butterflysims060.dds the other ones with sims060 name  you never touch those are for other things the ones with just name.dds are the texture files.

Since it doesn't render you will just have to do the old trial and error way. Place texture file into gimp and use the lasso tool to circle strips then use colorize to change it's color then go to file select overwrite .dds. Don't close gimp bring up game and look at what it looks like if you like it then you can close gimp if not go back and go under edit and select one of the undo options to undo what you did and overwrite the .dds I would suggest doing 1 strip at a time check it and so forth instead of doing the whole thing at one time and find out the first one looks like crap everything that was done after it is gone because everything will have to be undo to get back to the first strip.

I think are also some tutorials on here for doing multi color hairs.

The .dds files are not tri files but the nif files have tri files in the hair folders they also don't seem to want to render in nifskope even when placing one set in a different area. Nifskope has trouble rendering things if there are multiple files like hair mods eyes and so forth but throwing 1 nif from each folder into nifskope I was able to find the one that you are looking for the hairs name is called butterflysims060 and the files name in texture folder is butterflysims060.dds the other ones with sims060 name  you never touch those are for other things the ones with just name.dds are the texture files.

Since it doesn't render you will just have to do the old trial and error way. Place texture file into gimp and use the lasso tool to circle strips then use colorize to change it's color then go to file select overwrite .dds. Don't close gimp bring up game and look at what it looks like if you like it then you can close gimp if not go back and go under edit and select one of the undo options to undo what you did and overwrite the .dds I would suggest doing 1 strip at a time check it and so forth instead of doing the whole thing at one time and find out the first one looks like crap everything that was done after it is gone because everything will have to be undo to get back to the first strip.

Thanks Thanks, I will try, but seems pretty hard.

so basically this will take like few days, to make this-.- unless i want my character's hair look like thick colored plastic noodles.

Archived