Equippable Skin Textures / Tattoos (v0.3)

Equippable Skin Textures
Switch your skin anytime and anywhere you want!
Powered by Anti-Vanish and Equip&Stick!

THIS IS STILL AN EARLY VERSION!
Bugs are to be expected!

Current Features:
- Switch your Skin Textures by Equipping an item.
- Works for both female and male.
- *Should* support all bodymods.
- Works for all vanilla races.
- Stays visible beneath armor.
- No actual textures included. Use textures found in tattoo mods here. How to explained further down.
- An Example texture pack. Based on the 1.51 body textures of UNP and two .psd tattoo packs. Credits in the credit section.

Current Version Notes:
- Only tested with UNP Body and Vanilla Male Body.
- I have no idea if it works with custom races. To my knowledge it might do, but since I have no custom race installed, I can't test it right now.
- Skin only changes if you have no Body Armor on. Just unequip armor, change skin, equip armor.
- Sometimes it is not possible to equip an Armor. Save game, load game solves this for me. Annoying as hell, but I have no idea what the problem is. (I am clueless here, if anybody has an idea, bring it on! :) )
- Only dummy textures included, not replacing them will result in blue skin (which means this mod is working as intended, you just need the textures)

That is totally awesome! How does it work?
This mod enables you to change your skin texture by equipping an item.
As of v0.3, there are 5 Items (Equippable Skin 1 ... 5) craftable in the Forge under Misc.
Equipping these will switch your skin texture to tattoo1 ... 5.dds found in \textures\actors\character\EquipSkins\{racegender}\. Obviously "Equippable Skin 3" will award you with tattoo3.dds as your new skin.

But I use my super hyper self crafted awesome Texture for my selfmade Bodymod! Will it still work?
Bodymod: I have only tested it with UNP. It worked just fine. It *should* work with any other Bodymod aswell, since I do not touch any meshes. (Could somebody confirm this please? :) )
Textures: Not included, to use your own texture. As the tattoo will not be an overlay but a complete skin texture, it will overwrite your current skin texture. Tutorial on how to add tattoos to your own skintexture in the making.

How to add textures:
First off, you don't need any programs like photoshop or gimp. You only need to know how to use the explorer to copy and rename files.
#1 Download a tattoo texture for your bodymod from anywhere. It will contain a femalebody_1.dds or malebody_1.dds.
#2 Extract it somewhere. Rename it to tattoo1.dds or what number you want to use.
#3 Copy it.
#4 Browse to \textures\actors\character\EquipSkins\. Open the subfolder for your race and gender. (Anything not mentioned goes in male / female).
#5 Paste the renamed file there. Replace the dummy .dds file. (Just there so you know you are in the right folder.)
#6 Repeat process for other files.
#7 ???
#8 Profit.

Plans:
-Find an easy possibility to create tattooed version of the skin texture you are currently using. Currently playing around with texblend.
-Actually had success with the above plan. But it's rather complicated and I have no tatto or scar textures I could deliver with it.
-Add texture packs already containing tattoos for easy installation.

Credits:
Obviously, Bethesda.
Textures used in the example texture pack:
UNP Body Texture 1.51
candymanXXL's .psd Tattoo ressource
abb1's Modders Ressource Tattoos
Since both have been labeled as free for use I have taken the liberty and uploaded them. If you want me to remove them, just tell me.
And to all the tattoo texture makers, that made me want to have a tattoo on my character.

Final Notes & Permissions:
This is my first self made mod, so I'm kinda like this cute guy:
kiwXUBl.jpg?1

Please do not upload this mod to any other site.
If you want to spread it, just link them here.
If you want to use my mod to create your own equippable skin, please credit me.
If you have created a texture pack for this mod, just message me and I link to it.

Download:

The main file - contains .esp. For actual Tattoos to show you will need to download textures first! How to download and include textures is explained above.

EquipSkins_v0.3.7z

or

http://sharesend.com/lu7nch6o

Contains 3 example textures for female characters. UNP Body. Overwrite when asked. After installing, Equippable Skin 1 ... 3 give you tattoos.

EqS_Example _Texture_Pack.7z

or

http://sharesend.com/bwgxm2ar

Changelog:

v0.3

-Fix: Full Support for all Vanilla Races now.

-Fix: Changed used Body Slot from 56 to 48 for compatibility reasons

-Removed: Dummy textures. Not needed. Also upgrading will no longer remove any texture you added this way.

-Added: Support for the glorious NexusModManager.

v0.2

-added support for Argonians

-semi support for Elves and Khajiit (see note at top)

-new folder/file structure in the texture folder

-split .esp and texture pack in different files

v0.1

-creation of this mod

v0.0

-added Anti-Vanish

-added Equip&Stick

Updated to v0.2. Apart from mentioned bugs it runs perfectly fine for me know.

I have an Idea using the texblend tool for easy creation of the needed tattooed skin textures, adding the tattoo's as overlays on top of the used body texture. With a bit of luck it might just work :)

Updated to version 0.3.

-Fix: Full Support for all Vanilla Races now.

-Fix: Changed used Body Slot from 56 to 48 for compatibility reasons

-Removed: Dummy textures. Not needed. Also upgrading will no longer remove any texture you added this way.

-Added: Support for the glorious NexusModManager.

Bug

- Sometimes it is not possible to equip an Armor. Save game, load game
solves this for me. Annoying as hell, but I have no idea what the
problem is. (I am clueless here, if anybody has an idea, bring it on! :) )

Still not fixed. Working on that for next version.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...