[mod][1.4] Dyspareunia - wear & tear for RJW (updated 2023-04-12)

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 9:49 PM, ghostfalll said:

Seems silly to ask, but any ETA on a 1.2 update?  Dunno if anything has changed, just annoying to figure out what is yellow and works...

I haven't played 1.2 for a few weeks, but last time I tried RJW didn't work for me. So I'll need to check if it's been resolved before updating Dyspareunia.

On 9/3/2020 at 3:43 AM, NuttySquabble said:

I haven't played 1.2 for a few weeks, but last time I tried RJW didn't work for me. So I'll need to check if it's been resolved before updating Dyspareunia.

Newest version of RJW updated for 1.2, although seems to be updated with enough frequency that any updated sub-mods might get borked by new RJW update...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2020 at 7:39 PM, blakas said:

So.... does this still works? If not, is there a new version coming?

It should. The best way to know is to install it and try for yourself. As to a new version, it will come eventually, but there's no ETA. I haven't been playing Rimworld lately, so there's been no progress.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
29 minutes ago, caution232798 said:

well was a good mod for 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2 but 1.3 kinda breaks it needs to be updated to 1.3 update but it might take some time and i do thank the mod creator for making the mod thank you

This mod has not been active for nearly a year. I would make the switch to Licentia Labs for similar features. That mod has an active dev and has the possibility of updating for 1.3.

• NuttySquabble changed the title to [mod][1.3] Dyspareunia - wear & tear for RJW (updated 2021-07-27)

After that, as a result of continuing the test,

Biomes! Core + Biomes! Oasis + RimThreaded => OK

Biomes! Core + Biomes! Oasis + RimThreaded + Dyspareunia => NG

RimThreaded + Dyspareunia => OK

It looks like this.

It seems that Biomes! Islands are not compatible with RimThreaded, so it seems to be a problem on the biomes side rather than a factor of Dyspareunia.

Edited by snowman7
6 hours ago, snowman7 said:

Thank you for supporting Ver1.3.

I'm currently testing it and it doesn't seem to work well with Rim Threaded. Is it possible to deal with this?

Also, the uterus breaks during the birth of a large organism. Is there any way to avoid this?

Dyspareunia's contraction feature works by patching HediffWithComps.Tick, which seems to be the problem. To get rid of it, I would need to rewrite some of its core stuff, which is unlikely.

As to childbirth destroying the uterus, it shouldn't happen under normal circumstances (only if you are very unlucky and/or the child is too big for this pawn). What race was that? Was uterus already damaged at the time of childbirth?

The next release will hopefully fix some issues with childbirth damage, including damage factor setting applying to it.

PS: Saw your update on compatibility. Thanks for testing! Actually, RimThreaded lists Biomes! Islands as incompatible. Probably, the same applies to Oasis.

Edited by NuttySquabble
2 hours ago, NuttySquabble said:

As to childbirth destroying the uterus, it shouldn't happen under normal circumstances (only if you are very unlucky and/or the child is too big for this pawn). What race was that? Was uterus already damaged at the time of childbirth?

The case where it happens is It's Gallatross from Alpha Animals.

I think it happened in the Colossus series.

A pawn's vagina was destroyed by a dinosaur penis……This is an irreparable loss.

I hope to have a switch so that the vagina is only on the verge of destruction, not really torn off.....

After all, who can refuse to have sex with a dragon? :) 

17 hours ago, amrolee said:

A pawn's vagina was destroyed by a dinosaur penis……This is an irreparable loss.

I hope to have a switch so that the vagina is only on the verge of destruction, not really torn off.....

After all, who can refuse to have sex with a dragon? :) 

I will add an option to prevent destruction of private parts in the next release.

• NuttySquabble changed the title to [mod][1.3] Dyspareunia - wear & tear for RJW (updated 2021-08-01)

Dyspaerunia updated!

New in version 1.1.1:

Increased infection chance, pain for scars, bleed rate
Contraction uses hash interval (less stutter)
Changed birth damage formula
Birth damage now takes Damage Factor into account
Default baby size 20% of adult (not 25%)
Damage Factor setting and stretch are completely independent now
Improved mechanoid support and fingering and fisting calcs
Switched calculations from double to float
Should now recognize female ovipositors
Added indestructible parts option

Get it here: https://gitgud.io/NuttySquabble/Dyspareunia/-/releases/v1.1.1

2 hours ago, catlord9001 said:

This is probably going to sound dumb, but is it possible/within the scope of this mod for feline penises to cause "scratch" damage due to the barbs? Asking because my current playthrough is kind of a Cat Cock Cult.

Well, I plan to do something like that (+ have various artificial parts have special effects) but don't know when I have time for it.

On 8/11/2021 at 10:52 PM, NuttySquabble said:

Well, I plan to do something like that (+ have various artificial parts have special effects) but don't know when I have time for it.

Ideally soon, having bionic/archotech vaginas & anuses resist tearing would be nice, and would also be cool for bionic/archotech dicks to always give the "it was big" mood buff to partner (regardless of size).  Or does vanilla RJW already do that for the bionic dicks?  Seems easier than trying to code in an option for changing bionic part size, though that practically demands to be necessary for bionic breasts...

Or at least make it so that bionic and archotech body parts don't have movement/manipulation debuffs (since they "shrink" and "grow" accordingly).  But I guess the most important question no one seems to have yet to ask is:  Why is there no bionic prostate?  Perhaps this a better question for vanilla RJW...