What the fuck...?

Tregarin

I don't quite know what just happened... I was jogging along heading south from McCarran entrance, when I got attacked by a Y-17 trauma override harness.... (just north of Basincreek)

I get the idea that something has gone terribly wrong with my install, probably due to some of the mods I've installed over the last few weeks, but to have this effect is just... bizarre.

screenshot40q.jpg

I killed it, btw... but suffered a CTD as I went a little further south. Something very wrong going on there.

HAH! Found the cause... that CTD fix mod did it. The entire cell there was corrupted, but turning off all mods and loading it had nothing there.

Stuck all the mods back on, and it was back. Trawl through the mods one at a time to see if any have an effect, and the CTD fix is the one that did it.

Of course, making a save without that mod, then reactivating it and loading just gave me a corrupted cell there with a fucking trauma override harness, so I think it's actually part of the mod itself.

Oh well...

Again, some mod authors are not very careful and leave dirty edits lurking in their mods that can cause you and I quite a lot of grief......

Moral of the story.....make a backup and add mods to your game slowly making sure you know what has been added to help you track down the culprits quickly.

Dirty Mods FTL' date=' could be artifacts from one mod conflicting with artifacts in another mod etc and WHAMMO! Crazy shit!

[/quote']

No kidding... funny when it happens though. :)

Out of curiosity did you try a MOM or merged patch with FNVE?

Never tried them...

MOMing or Master Updating mods in FNVE can fix many conflicts, the onlty downside is that it fakes turning all mods into ESM's. A merged patch on the other hand just check conflicts and fixes a high percentage of them. If you are fluent in FNVE you can also use it to choose which mods overwrite what. If you want more info on MOMing or Merged patches I will be more than happy to point you to good tutorials.

I would start here as FNVEdit is almost exactly the same as FO3Edit

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8629

I hope that helps. Oh, in the tutorial they call it MuMing what I call MoMing. Master Overide Mode = Mom = Master Update Mode= MuM if I caused any confusion talking about Moming files it's just rhetoric, They are they same thing.

Archived