Skin Colour Difference

Kpnut

The skin colour between my Moonshadow Elf's main body and her hands are different, I've tried getting help for it before but it wasn't too clear on how I should fix the problem. It's always been present but has only really started bothering me recently since my character has been seen without gloves (which usually mask the problem) more often. I think it might have to do with the fact I use the drake and back tiger tattoo texture on my moonshadow elf, but I'd like to keep using it as I quite like the tattoos.

here's an image showing the difference:

rYBz1Nu.jpg

and this one shows the difference even clearer:

2436295-1310493102.jpg

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated.

Open the female upperbody nif for women and check that the settings are the same for it and the female hand nif file.

The settings you want to look at are the:

NiMaterialProperty:

Ambient Color

Diffuse Color

Specular Color

Emissive Color

Glossiness

Fixing these to match often will make your problem disappear.

Open the female upperbody nif for women and check that the settings are the same for it and the female hand nif file.

The settings you want to look at are the:

NiMaterialProperty:

Ambient Color

Diffuse Color

Specular Color

Emissive Color

Glossiness

Fixing these to match often will make your problem disappear.

what do i open it up in? I've tried nifskope but it's not mentioning any of those, unless it's my complete inexperience with the program getting the better of me.

Yes nifskope.

1. open the file.

2. click on the arrow next to scene root to expand things

3. now click on the arrow next to the nitristrip (or nitrishape depending on the file) of the hand or body (again depending on what part you are opening).

4. left click on the NiMaterialProperty that has the painters painters palette next to it.

5. Look in the block details (the bottom box) and you will find the properties I mentioned.

If all of that is the same then it probably is time to check your textures.

You can open and tweak textures with a free program called GIMP: http://www.gimp.org/

You will also need a dds plugin: http://code.google.com/p/gimp-dds/

If you just want to look and don't want to make changes you can get a dds viewer like this one: http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows_texture_viewer.html

You need to compare the two files and see if they are different colors.  If they are then you'll need to try to match one to the other.  There are many ways to go about this and none of them are easy to explain.  I suggest googling and looking for a youtube vid on gimp and changing texture colors.

Guest flingingfeces

If you like pm me the textures and I will fix them for you if you haven't got them fixed already.  If you'd like to learn then gimp is very simple to use and thank you gregathit for mentioning it.

I usually take my footfemale/body texture and overlay it onto the hand texture so I can match the seams.  Load them without mipmaps.  Ctrl+z to zoom in on the seam then on the top tab under colors go to hue and saturation.  Move the bars to match the color and hit ok.  Next delete the femalebody overlay and hit save.  Done!  ;)

Example

Untitled.jpg

Archived