How can I use Blender 2.8 for animating?

Enzyme

I'm trying to create some animations for WW but as I find Blender 2.79 very difficult to use. I've been working on Blender 2.8 which I find to be much easier but it doesn't look like Sims 4 Studio will support it and copying work from 2.8 to 2.79 is very buggy. Someone previously suggested linking S4S to blender 2.7 but I get the message 'please make sure that the .blend file that you are importing has a rig' when attempting to import an animation.

Is there any way that I can use animations created in 2.8?

21 hours ago, Enzyme said:

I'm trying to create some animations for WW but as I find Blender 2.79 very difficult to use. I've been working on Blender 2.8 which I find to be much easier but it doesn't look like Sims 4 Studio will support it and copying work from 2.8 to 2.79 is very buggy. Someone previously suggested linking S4S to blender 2.7 but I get the message 'please make sure that the .blend file that you are importing has a rig' when attempting to import an animation.

Is there any way that I can use animations created in 2.8?

This is probably the best place for that question, I don't think so though

In S4S you need to select an old Blender version 2.76 or 2.7. Otherwise strange things may occur.

Technically it should be possible go open the .blend files with Blender 2.8 but saving them may change the internal format and s4s wont be able to read it. So one may want to wait until s4s is updated.

Currently using Blender 2.7x may be the best choice, even though it has some issues.

Archived