Blood Matron Harkon's sword replacer

Hmm this might work there again it might not, I have done similar things myself a couple of times and some of them worked others did not, normally never figure why though.

Unzip the mod to well anywhere at this point it does not matter, delete the scripts folder, and the esp.

Then dig down in the meshes directory to find the sword mesh itself, then what you would need to do is find out what harkon's sword is named in game, mesh wise that is and the directory structure to where the original sword is, rename the mesh in the mod to that file name, rename or add directories as required, then rezip the whole thing, and install that as a new mod.  Do not forget the include the textures folder from the mod, as the new mesh will still call on those textures.

On 4/22/2020 at 10:25 PM, Varithina said:

Hmm this might work there again it might not, I have done similar things myself a couple of times and some of them worked others did not, normally never figure why though.

Unzip the mod to well anywhere at this point it does not matter, delete the scripts folder, and the esp.

Then dig down in the meshes directory to find the sword mesh itself, then what you would need to do is find out what harkon's sword is named in game, mesh wise that is and the directory structure to where the original sword is, rename the mesh in the mod to that file name, rename or add directories as required, then rezip the whole thing, and install that as a new mod.  Do not forget the include the textures folder from the mod, as the new mesh will still call on those textures.

Didn't work.

I checked with a bsa reader what are the paths for the sword in the original game and recreated it for the mesh (I left the texture path as it was to match the one in Nifskope). Renamed the file, packed meshes+textures and installed via MO2 but the display in-game sadly did not change.

I noticed that the original has an extra mesh for 1st person and the BM mod is without it. Maybe that's one potential reason why the replacement didn't hold.

1 hour ago, Apap said:

Didn't work.

I checked with a bsa reader what are the paths for the sword in the original game and recreated it for the mesh (I left the texture path as it was to match the one in Nifskope). Renamed the file, packed meshes+textures and installed via MO2 but the display in-game sadly did not change.

I noticed that the original has an extra mesh for 1st person and the BM mod is without it. Maybe that's one potential reason why the replacement didn't hold.

Replacing both meshes with the one from this mod should do the trick.

If I were doing I would probably install the mod and then disable the esp.
Then use CK or xEdit to point to the new mesh.

You will need to change the entry under Static

Spoiler

image.png.e1eaf27ce7d8e1049d0a37bb7b47fc3f.png

And Weapons

Spoiler

image.png.6b62f0c87156b2356981175106093c31.png

Also need to do this with a new esp or add it into an existing mod (just remember which one)

Archived