Updating mod – do I have to delete settings?

Total n00b here, so this is probably a silly question... I'm really new to Sims 4 (before all this quarantine stuff started, I hadn't played since Sims 1!) so this is the first time I've had to update my version of Wicked Whims. I'm on a mac, so I have to install it manually.

The instructions say to remove ALL old WW files. Does that include the WickedWhimsSettings folder, containing exported_settings_list.json and My_Sexy_Settings_1_general.json? (For that matter, what about WW_Installed_Animations.txt? I'm not so worried about having to delete that, but I might as well ask while I'm here.) Or can I get away with only deleting and replacing TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script and TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package?

I don't want to delete all of my settings, unless it's absolutely necessary! It took a fair bit of time to look over every setting the first time around, so I'd like to avoid having to re-do all that work if at all possible!

It only refers to the .package and .ts4script files in your Mods folder - and it's only some kind of a safety measure, as simply overwriting them using Copy and Paste can cause issues on rare occasions. I usually overwrite anyway.

The settings don't need to be deleted (in fact, you shouldn't touch them at all, if you don't know exactly what you're doing) and the Installed_Animations.txt gets updated on every game launch AFAIK (so deleting it won't really make any difference).

Archived