NPC's can have sex but not player sim

I recently updated my game and wicked whims mod only for me to no longer be able to have my player controlled sim engage in sexual activity. I can, however control NPC's and have them invite one another to join in but not my character. Here is a list of mods I currently have in case one of those may be the case. Also, I apologize in advance for my not-so-tech-savy knowledge, lol.

yeet.png

When did you last update WW? The most recent version is v153c and the latest update fixed issues regarding player controlled sex (acording to the changelog).

If it still doesn't work, there might be another mod interfering with WW. Mods that are fine from my experience include WW (obviously), MC Command Center, Basemental Drugs, Nisa's Wicked Perversions and  ColonolNutty's mods. Move everything else out of your Mods folder, delete "localthumbcache.package" found in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4" and start the game. Everything should be working now.

Next, move some of the other mods back into Mods, start the game again and check for any issues. If everything's fine, the mods you just added are not causing you problems, but if an issue pops up, one of the mods you just added is causing it. That way, you can narrow down the culprit and quickly fix your problem - script mods are prime suspects btw.

And some general advice:

How about cleaning up your Mods folder? One subfolder for every large mod like WW or BMD, one for WW's animations, one for clothing and so on. That's gonna make life a lot easier, trust me.

Another general rule is that only .package and .ts4script files go into Mods. Some mods create config or txt files of their own, but stuff like Readmes, example pictures or WW's auto installer absolutely don't belong here. For tray files (Sims, households, lots), use the Tray folder in "Docs/EA/TS4".

Also, keep an eye on how old your files are. Custom content like clothing or build objects generally don't tend to suddenly break, but outdated script mods can mess things up badly. Regularly updating all of them an keeping an eye on those that are older than a couple of months (my personal threshold is three months, but you can set it as you see fit) often helps with fixing issues.

Archived