Questions about leveled list

Hello,

I would like to create leveled list for some mods, at least Vtaw wardrobes'.

If you use them, you probably has noticed there are a top and bottom parts. As far i know, if i simply add this clothes to leveled lists, NPCs will spawn half-naked.

So my question is : can I create a list that refer to a list?

For example, vanilla NPCs refer to an outfit list, and this list contain all of the outfits they can use. Can I add in this list a list, wardrobe for exemple, which contains 2 lists, tops and bottoms which refers to the corresponding vtaw clothes?

If the answer is yes, do you have an exemple of mod that do that?

I'm not sure my questions are clear, english is not my primary language and i'm newbie in modding. Tell me if you want more explanations.

Thanks for reading.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 2:27 PM, helmaur said:

Hello,

For example, vanilla NPCs refer to an outfit list, and this list contain all of the outfits they can use. Can I add in this list a list, wardrobe for exemple, which contains 2 lists, tops and bottoms which refers to the corresponding vtaw clothes?

From what I remember from playing around with outfits, the answer is no, what you would need to do is create multiple outfits, with each one containing the required items, so for example

outfit1 top1 bottom1 shoes1

outfit2 top2 bottom2 shoes2

etc etc, to tedium onwards.

You could then add those outfits to the available outfits list.

Your best bet is to make a new level list containing for example all the tops, all the bottoms, all the shoes, all the scarves, etc till everything in the pack is assigned to a level list, then add those level lists to boss chests, true npc's will not wear or use those items but they could then still be found in game without crafting them, normally this is what I do, otherwise depending on how many items the mod adds you can end up without seeing vanilla cloths at all, because there are too many mod added items in the list.

• 7 months later...

Did you ever find a way to do this? I was thinking tonight - as I was doing my usual craft-all-the-vtaw-things, and then trying each item and outfit combo out on manikins... there's got to be a way that I can see these a little at a time, and through the game - rather than doing it all like this....

...and that's how I came across this post.

But doing the lists on my own has never worked out well. I don't know if it's my ADHD or general incompetence when it comes to this kind of thing, but i always end up breaking stuff, getting overwhelmed, and just giving up... so.... anyway.....

• 1 year later...

A bit late to the party but I'm actually looking to do exactly the same thing, i.e., make it so that some of the Vtaw clothing items appear in the world, naturally. That said, I'm not sure I understand what @Invictusblade is doing there. If someone can post a more detailed guide I'd appreciate it!