Wicked Whim Mod (MacBook Pro)

Wicked Whim Mod not working on MacBook Pro. Sims game updated and downloaded the wicked whims mod and followed  the directions several times and even resorted to videos  on YouTube, I also enabled CC and script in the settings and restarted the game and the mod does not show up when starting the game in that box. I don’t know what else to do, I hope someone can help me. I’m new to this mod stuff on the Sims 4.

Since it doesn't show up in that little window at game start, it's probably just a small issue and can be fixed easily. Even though you followed the instructions, I'd recommend you take a closer look at your Mods folder - stuff not showing up usually has something to do with how your mods are organized.

First, you want to be sure it's the correct Mods folder you're working with. I don't know how "Documents" is called on Mac, but in that folder you should find the directory "Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods". This is where mods go for the standard version of TS4. If you're playing Legacy Editio (for older hardware), you need to go into "Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 Legacy Edition" instead and find the Mods folder there. The important thing here is that you need to go where your game saves are and that you don't need to create the Mods folder. If you're putting mods where you installed the game, that's not the right folder.

Next, you have to make sure that you extracted the downloaded files. Most downloads come as some type of archive, but you want the .package and .ts4script files, not some .zip, .rar or .whatever. There are a few exceptions to this, but this is standard procedure for nearly all mods - including WickedWhims

Finally, you need to make sure that the game can actually access these .package and .ts4script files. This is only possible, if they are directly within Mods or not more than one subfolder deep. "The Sims 4/Mods/WickedWhimsMod" works - "The Sims 4/Mods/LoversLab/WickedWhimsMod" doesn't.

I have both the TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Scripts.ts4script & TURBODRIVER_WickedWhims_Tuning.package saved directly in the mod folder in a sub folder called Wicked Whim and it still isn't working. I'm confident that I have the correct file in the correct folder. Not sure what I am doing wrong. A lot of the YouTube videos are from months or years ago and aren't current. Most of them are showing the download link from Sim File Share, which isn't any option anymore. I have the option of downloading it from Itch.io or nexus. Any other idea what can be the issue?

Your file setup seems to be alright and that part of mod installation never changed AFAIK, so it doesn't matter how old those tutorial vids are (as long as they are for TS4 and not some older Sims game, of course). If you see Mods and another folder named "Tray" together, you're where you want to be.

Next thing on my personal checklist would be the files themselves - maybe they're broken or your download was interrupted and you didn't notice. I always download WickedWhims right here, on LoversLab, as I've experienced some issues with SFS and especially Nexus in the past. Just head to the download section, it's one of the two featured files at the top (or you go into "The Sims 4" via the categories on the right, where it's also pinned at the top). Delete the files you already got, then put the ones from the download into Mods and delete "localthumbchache.package" found in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4".

If that still doesn't help, download some other mod/CC and put it into Mods as well. It can be anything - custom clothing, objects or something else. If that second mod also doesn't show up in-game, your game either can't access the Mods folder for some reason (solution: repair game files via Origin) or you really did put them into the wrong place (highly unlikely, since you followed the installation instructions).

I've deleted the old files and localthumbchache.package, I downloaded Wicked Whims directly from here this time and place them in the Mods folder, and as far as my location, I am in the right place, I see the tray and Mods folder. I restarted the game and still nothing. I guess it wouldn't hurt to download other mods/CC to see if that works, where can I find other mods/ cc? This will be my last option as far as seeing if it works.

Other mods can be found in the download section here at LoversLab. Just go into the category for TS4 and download anything you like (no Sims though, as they don't go into Mods).

I also just remembered reading a post a while ago, where another user (also on a Mac IIRC) reported issues with mods not showing up in-game. Their problem was that everytime they launched the game, script mods were disabled again in the options. Now, there is a file named "Options" in the folder where "Tray", "saves" and "Mods" are, and that file contains two lines you might want to check (just open it with any plain old text editor like Notepad). One is "scriptmodsenabled = 1", the other is "modsdisabled = 0" - the values here are what they should be (well, they are like this when I open that file and it makes sense that they are like this), so change them if they are different in your "options" file.

• 3 weeks later...

@Xavier04195 I play on a Mac mini and I don't have any issues. It did not force you to switch to the Legacy edition, did it? I saw that Crashdown advised deleting the localthumbcache file in the Sims 4 folder, but when you add anything to the Mods folder, delete Resource file that is in there as well. Anytime you add or remove anything, delete those files. I have a total of 4 files I delete every time I make changes. Another thing is to go through preferences>privacy>files and folders and allow the Sims 4 to have access to Documents. You can always try the Sims Resource for CC if you want to try downloading stuff to see if other stuff is showing up in game or not. Not sure if this will help, I know you have been dealing with this for a while. I don't usually look in this section.

?

On 4/12/2020 at 6:24 PM, Xavier041495 said:

I've deleted the old files and localthumbchache.package, I downloaded Wicked Whims directly from here this time and place them in the Mods folder, and as far as my location, I am in the right place, I see the tray and Mods folder. I restarted the game and still nothing. I guess it wouldn't hurt to download other mods/CC to see if that works, where can I find other mods/ cc? This will be my last option as far as seeing if it works.

And I posted the above if you're still having the problem. If you figured it out, sorry for reviving this thread.

?

Archived