Game freezes and locks up computer after loading

This is the first time iver ever tried adding mods to a game so I'm a bit of a newb but I'll try to explain my situation as clearly as possible in hopes that I can find some answers. I recently installed a LOT of mods for Oblivion GoG edition, both adult and regular, and everything worked great except lovers PK because I was having trouble with OBSE. I finally got that figured out and got OBSE installed correctly and now the game freezes shortly after loading a saved game or starting a new game. I have installed OBMM, Vortex, LOOT, and TES4Edit. I used Vortex to download and install the mods and I used TES4Edit to clean the ones that needed cleaning. I Used LOOT to organise the mods and figure out which ones needed cleaning. The game would play just fine before I got OBSE installed I just couldn't use certain mods that relied on it. It still doesn't recognize OBSE sometimes unless I go into my files and open my game by double clicking on the obse_loader. Not sure what is causing the freezing issue but hopefully I can find some answers here. It freezes after maybe 5 seconds of loading or into the character creation. If I try to move right when the game loads my character does a super slow Baywatch type run for a few seconds before it freezes. 

Vortex, LOOT,  ( or  Nexus Modmanager)  NO!  You can use it for Skyrim but not Obvlivion.  A Load order sorted by LOOT can crash your Oblivion game.

OBMM id good.  Mod sorting with BOSS or manually.

OBSE and GoG I don't know if you use the obse_loader.  With  a Steam Oblivion version you start the Game with steam and it loads OBSE. The obse_loader is for the disc version (Yes there was a time when you could buy games. )

And game never in C : / program files x86  . . .  , no tool will run correct ( OBSE, Pluggy, MenuQue, Elys Universal Silent Voice   that you need to play Lovers )

Mod sorting , game installation step by step, and more  read my yellow Link below.

I went to the website https://obse.silverlock.org/  and had to download both the download and the one that says to use with GoG version. Then I had to download the latest version for GOG build 1.2.0.416. that's the only way I could get the OBSE to work. Without the OBSE_loader when I open the game it would say that OBSE wasn't detected and the message would pop up every few seconds. But when I load with the loader it doesn't do that. And ok so ditch vortex and loot and stick with OBMM and BOSS? Not sure how to sort the mods manually because I'm very new to this. I've learned a lot over the past few days from researching and such but not enough. Lol I will check out your link now. I will update after I read thru it and make the changes you listed. Will I have to uninstall and reinstall the mods since I used Vortex and LOOT? Surely not right?

1 hour ago, ApexAffliction said:

Oh ok. It wasn't showing a signature. I will check out your link now. I really appreciate your help. Will let you know if I get it working.

You don't need to start off with so much new stuff, either. 

Just get the basics going and then tackle things one at a time.

That is...basic Oblivion...get it working. OBSE & Pluggy...get them installed. Then add one at a time...testing before proceeding to add more. Lovers etc...then test. 

Your save more dislikes it when you remove mods than when adding new ones...so start small...add as you go. If you treat your saves right, they can last 500 hours or more before perhaps getting squirrelly or corrupt. I have one with over 600 hours that still functions fine.

8 hours ago, fejeena said:

Ok so I followed your link to the T and everything is working beautifully now. I added a couple extra mods but now I have much less than I did. Only issue I had is with my custom character. The other prisoner at the beginning of the game wouldn't talk to me so I was stuck in jail. I downloaded the unofficial oblivion patch and it fixed the issue. So far everything is working great. Going to play for a bit and make sure it doesn't change. Thank you so much for your help!! You are a lifesaver.

6 hours ago, DogOnPorch said:

You don't need to start off with so much new stuff, either. 

Just get the basics going and then tackle things one at a time.

That is...basic Oblivion...get it working. OBSE & Pluggy...get them installed. Then add one at a time...testing before proceeding to add more. Lovers etc...then test. 

Your save more dislikes it when you remove mods than when adding new ones...so start small...add as you go. If you treat your saves right, they can last 500 hours or more before perhaps getting squirrelly or corrupt. I have one with over 600 hours that still functions fine.

I will definitely keep this in mind from now on. I only have a handful now.

8 hours ago, fejeena said:

Also I ended up deleting every mod I had installed and starting completely over. Was such a hassle but it is working now so definitely worth the pain.

Archived