[Idea] Captive of Miraak

Daguy

I just had an headache with pictures. Oh, right, they are called ideas.

The Dragonborn DLC is a mess of great ideas that would make small stand-alone mods. However. I just wondered what if there was an adult mod that added a 'crimson' book to Solsthiem much like the black books, that would drag you into the realm of Mora... and into a cage/pillory. It was a special book that brings Miraak 'pets'. This would be a new area built using Apocrapha assets, and with a copy of Miraak in it.

From there, as the slave/pet of Miraak, there are plenty of things that could be done. Miraak's cultsts. The strange creatures. Tentacles. Miraaak himself. being used by every NPC at the standing stones. Ect, ect.

I was going to post this in the SD thread, but realised that its got the makings of a mod all its own. Just throwing it out there. ;)

I managed to create something similar to what you are talking about.  The mod essentially caused any of your companions that activated the stones before they were clensed to become enthralled by Miraak.  You couldn't get them back until the stone had been clensed as part of the main quest line.  While this was going on, they would choose spots on the island that would become their temporary sandbox area for them to walk around in.  When night fell, the companions would act just like the others on the island and proceed to their assigned stones.  Were the player to activate the stone, they would also begin begin to work on the shrines.  Unlike the regular animation however, they would chant along with everyone else and move from one spot to another around the stone.  They would also engage in the prayer animation. That was about as far as I got before I dropped it due to my workload, but I think what you are asking can be done.  I was also thinking of employing a system that would track how long the player remained under the thrall of Miraak.  The longer they were under, the closer the shrines came to completion.  As this happened, the NPC's and the player would remain under longer until the shrines were complete, thus allowing Miraak to return.  Before he could however, the idea was to allow the PC to break free and confront him normally. 

That was the plan at least.  Besides the basic script modification, I am no where near good enough to do alot of that.  But it can be done.

• 4 weeks later...

I apologize if this is necroing this thread, but tanner - that was an excellent idea. It never made sense to me that the dragonborn could go all willy nilly and hit the uncleansed stones anytime they wanted without any sort of negative action. Especially as they are warned that repeated exposure could be a bad thing. 

that was the most immersion-breaking thing for me. I would have liked it to have punished you for repeated exposure. Kept you locked into working on the temple longer each time you contacted it (before allowing you to break the spell), up to and including a game over if you were silly enough to engage each stone (either within a specified timeframe, or in general). 

The captivity part is okay too,  it could be worked into this as a random chance of happening while under the stone's influence. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am still working on it from time to time.  I actually have it to the point now where if you dismiss your companion on the island while the stones are still unclensed, they go to a predetermined slot and sandbox.  Basically, the power of Miraak has programmed them to not leave.  Once night falls, they head to a stone and start working.   You can take them off the island if you ask them to follow you, but then they return afterwards to continue building.  Once the stones are clensed, they go back to their regular routine.

• 2 weeks later...

I am glad to find others likeminded. I went to the trouble of roleplaying a Miraak sex scene myself with my female character by waking her at odd hours in bed apparel fast travelling to the main temple and meeting Miraak there, and having sex in front of all the tranced workers. This was easily done by console,

"player.placeatme (miraak's ID number) 1"  

(without quotations)

You can find miraak's ID code by typing "help miraak" in console and choosing from one of the six ID codes there. Not all of them work with Sexis, being ghost versions, etc... I chose the third code up from the bottom. He wasn't hostile, and had all his robe and weapons with him. 

Archived